• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, how do I get no sprint gametypes for Halo 4? Are they just on someone's fileshare or something?

Ghazi

Went and checked my MGS settings:

YBhpIAn.png

After all these years :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I keep my games in the dishwasher. Those racks hold game cases perfectly.

Microsoft is looking into eSport stuff? I've got a easy solution. Make Halo good again and bring back the Shadowrun game from 07. There you go. Two awesome competitive games right there. All you gotta do is look at Halo CE and Shadowrun, upgrade the graphics, and bam, great competitive multiplayer games.

belushy

Banned
Speaking of Shadowrun, could Microsoft bring it back as an arcade title for Xbox One? Like, do they have the rights to do that? I know it is a Microsoft Studios game, but just thinking if there is anything that could block something like that.

Speaking of Shadowrun, could Microsoft bring it back as an arcade title for Xbox One? Like, do they have the rights to do that? I know it is a Microsoft Studios game, but just thinking if there is anything that could block something like that.

They own the IP so yeah they could do what they wanted with it.

Microsoft is looking into eSport stuff? I've got a easy solution. Make Halo good again and bring back the Shadowrun game from 07. There you go. Two awesome competitive games right there. All you gotta do is look at Halo CE and Shadowrun, upgrade the graphics, and bam, great competitive multiplayer games.

What they need to do is create a tournament and wager match option for real money. Like you can go 1v1 on dedis for 1$ (maxlimit) or something and team matches for like 4$ a team limit. Have 5% go to MS/343i for the dedi costs and for profit.

And also have dime games or something that dont have the 5% fee but you wont earn as much.

Have a limit to monthly winnings or something and see how it plays out.

Bam MS just became the leader of esports and Halo gets huge again.

booshka am jizz

What they need to do is create a tournament and wager match option for real money. Like you can go 1v1 on dedis for 1$ (maxlimit) or something and team matches for like 4$ a team limit. Have 5% go to MS/343i for the dedi costs and for profit.

And also have dime games or something that dont have the 5% fee but you wont earn as much.

Have a limit to monthly winnings or something and see how it plays out.

Bam MS just became the leader of esports and Halo gets huge again.

they would have to deal with online gambling (or just gambling) laws, i suspect

Enfinit

Soooo uhhh apparently that Microsoft esport survey I filled out awhile back got me a phone call with Microsoft and now I have to sign a NDA about stuff I will be hearing tomorrow....in the survey I did go on a HUGE rant about how Halo 2's 1-50 system was perfect for competitive community and eased newer players into the competitive side without having to sacrifice the skill gap.

DON'T FUCK THIS UP

Booshka

booshka am jizz

Pretty much lol. I would like Halo CE 2v2's, 1v1's and 4v4's, then Shadowrun 4v4's and 6v6's would be amazing as competitive titles on a Pro Circuit. MLG never held 6v6 Shadowrun because there wasn't enough player interest and the logistics of running it was tougher, but I think the game may be best balanced as a 6v6 game. You could then use Raid gametypes with Counter-Strike style scoring, switching Offense and Defense and most rounds won over the match wins the game.

Dedicated Servers, LAN support, 60 FPS, bit better graphics but don't fuck with the simplicity and visual feedback of both games. Release it as a $50 John Howard Greatest Hits double pack and Competitive Console FPS is saved.

Karl2177

I hope for the next game, they don't lock out emblems again. I was watching some old Bungie ViDocs as some research and I came across a great quote from Max Hoberman: “You’re just an anonymous nobody, unless we build ways for you to create an identity for yourself there.” Then David Candland went on to discuss emblems. In Halo 4, everyone started off as the recruit dogtags, and couldn't express themselves(no twerking) until level 8 or so. Even then not everything was unlocked.

EDIT: Here's the link for who is interested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGSuPZVgxLg
Emblem part is at the 4:00 mark.

Blueblur1

Team that has built multiple games together and has intelligent experienced leadership > Team that came together from all over the industry with questionable leadership (wheelchair Spartan).

There's no competition in that scenario. Doubtful there ever will be since Bungie's output gets better and better.

Deafhawk36

Neo Member
Yeah I remember being heavily disappointed with having to unlock the emblem that I'd had from the past 3 games :/ was really irritating

FyreWulff

Yeah I remember being heavily disappointed with having to unlock the emblem that I'd had from the past 3 games :/ was really irritating

My old Halo buddies all mocked me by using my emblem from 3/ODST/Reach when I was in the party because it took me a while to unlock it. T'was in good fun, but still, let's hope they don't lock emblems behind the progression system again.

I hope for the next game, they don't lock out emblems again. I was watching some old Bungie ViDocs as some research and I came across a great quote from Max Hoberman: “You’re just an anonymous nobody, unless we build ways for you to create an identity for yourself there.” Then David Candland went on to discuss emblems. In Halo 4, everyone started off as the recruit dogtags, and couldn't express themselves(no twerking) until level 8 or so. Even then not everything was unlocked.

EDIT: Here's the link for who is interested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGSuPZVgxLg
Emblem part is at the 4:00 mark.
Yup very true. Emblem locking felt like a fucking chore. Excuse my choice of wording but that's how it felt for me. I wanted to freely mix and match them like ive always had in previous Halos. Its different with Unlocking your Armor Pieces because your not locked for a long period instead you rank up fairly quickly and are able to purchase your variety of Items to unlock after meeting the prerequisites.

This is really OT even for me, but I bought Kentucky Route Zero on Steam yesterday because it was finally 50% off, and it's brilliant so far. I highly recommend it if anyone here has even the slightest interest in it. It's such a cool, unique, game with great writing. Not to mention it's done a great job at captivating what makes Kentucky so interesting.

Deafhawk36

Neo Member
We need a game that's good at launch, not 6 months after release when everyone dislikes it/ has traded it away or just won't come back :(

Top Bottom