• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Striker

The anonymous nobody/emblem thing in Halo 2 worked really well. But after that they went to armor, which is fine but there's always room for both. Keeping both behind unlocks is awful either way. Seeing how enthusiastic they were over something like 1-flag on Zanzibar is still great to see even nine years later. Something new to the series and they were getting creative with the maps. Meanwhile, nowadays they pimp out going invisible with a sniper rifle or EMP'ing an enemy vehicle.

Mix

Yeah I remember being heavily disappointed with having to unlock the emblem that I'd had from the past 3 games :/ was really irritating

DEAFHAWK YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's obvious they simply ran out of time on 4. We can only hope it was because the studio was working more on 5.

This is what worries me about Halo 5. They had 3 years to make Halo 4 and they released a game with tons of cut content, less gametypes than previous Halo games, less features, and more things that didn't work correctly than any Bungie Halo game. How are they going to release a quality Halo game with only 2 years of dev time?

matthieuC

This is what worries me about Halo 5. They had 3 years to make Halo 4 and they released a game with tons of cut content, less gametypes than previous Halo games, less features, and more things that didn't work correctly than any Bungie Halo game. How are they going to release a quality Halo game with only 2 years of dev time?
Use a bunch of Halo 4 assets.

TheOddOne

CBS might be airing the Halo series?

jqBrbySSdpO4J.png

Spielberg already has 'Under The Dome' over there and Xbox Entertainment Head use to run CBS to.

Hopefully it's on CBS, a digital only exclusive Xbox series would be very limiting.

IHaveIce

Banned
Noway it is coming this fall. I even doubt it comes next year.

But yeah no idea, sounds plausible a digital only series probably wouldn't get a high budget

TheOddOne

Noway it is coming this fall. I even doubt it comes next year.

But yeah no idea, sounds plausible a digital only series probably wouldn't get a high budget
Yeah, it isn't coming this fall. Those sections are usually work in progress, see for example Intelligence is listed for 2014.

I would have thought that part of the whole point is that it would available only on Xbox.
But perhaps they want to use it to advertise Halo?

Also, citation needed :p
My guess it will initially be exclusive to Xbox for a week or two and than CBS airs it.

Usually the people who edit the tv sections of wiki are pretty good and spot on (See Showtime, USA network, FX. HBO).

Trey

Dont get your hopes up. 343 has a "Vision" for Halo and its this convoluted Crysis/CoD non-Halo gameplay

They can still appeal to them. 343 can still have infinity or whatever. They already have 60fps and dedis, now just bolster the custom game options suite and have a "classic" Halo playlist with in game ranks.

Cake and eat it too.

TheOddOne

Where do you see classic helmets. I see one recon helmet, which is the Halo 4 recon variant, and then everyone else has the default spartan helmet, which I forgot the name of it.
I mean more clear visors, instead of stuff like Wetwork, Pioneer, Engineer and that stuff.

Packing for a camping trip and watching Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn on Netflix.. it holds up pretty well. Was the color correction tweaked again? It looks better than I remember.

CBS might be airing the Halo series?

jqBrbySSdpO4J.png

Spielberg already has 'Under The Dome' over there and Xbox Entertainment Head use to run CBS to.

Hopefully it's on CBS, a digital only exclusive Xbox series would be very limiting.

True or not, I know they discussed the possibility of distributing it on TV.

Cool cover, but I wish Palmer had hair that makese sense for a Spartan. I also wish she wasn't annoying.

Speaking of armor, how did ODST manage to become so ugly

h4%20champions%20bundle_drop%20shock_660.jpg

Eww lol. I think the main issue is the helmet isn't as angular as it should be and is more rounded.

Deafhawk36

Neo Member
They can still appeal to them. 343 can still have infinity or whatever. They already have 60fps and dedis, now just bolster the custom game options suite and have a "classic" Halo playlist with in game ranks.

Cake and eat it too.
I agree, just beef up the customization so that the community can fix whatever could go wrong with the future halo title. That's a big downer for halo 4 and luckily we have some modders that have been able to bring things back for us but hopefully we'll see all of that right out of the gate and available for everyone next game :) so long as they learned that lesson from halo 4 :-(

wwm0nkey

Anyone here picking a next gen console at launch?

Edit: Which console?

PS4 at launch for me and depending if the next Halo and exclusives are good I will pick up a One though it will probably not be my primary console.

Happy Microsoft has reversed their idiotic policies but we will have to wait and see if they actually stick. Also the PS4 is sexy.

ODST's are not really wearing armor in the older games. They looked more like protection suits.

True, but at least the Halo 3 ODST helmet looked like an ODST helmet:

ARO4kzg.jpg

vs

I don't understand why so many Halo 4 MP armor permutations have that weird rounding going on. It lost its identity from the side. Also, it has the weird Noble Six helmet smiley face on the top for no reason. I wish it looked more like this:

But, ya know.. its 343, so they changed it, rounded it and added smiley faces for the hell of it. That said, it looks decent in this picture:

Computer

Been playing Halo 3 having a lot of fun. One thing I have noticed is that even if you team gets 15 kills behind you can catch up very quickly. Also every game is very close with in a kill or 2 witch can make your heart pump I love it.
You just dont get those 49 49 standoffs in Halo 4. Plus playing for a real in game rank is so good.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is anyone else not really that interested in exclusive launch games? I mean, Killzone looks ok, as does Knack and Killer Instinct, but there's nothing ground-breaking there. My PS4 is more than likely going to be a Battlefield 4 machine for awhile.

wwm0nkey

Is anyone else not really that interested in exclusive launch games? I mean, Killzone looks ok, as does Knack and Killer Instinct, but there's nothing ground-breaking there. My PS4 is more than likely going to be a Battlefield 4 machine for awhile.

Battlefield 4, Warframe and Planetside 2, thats all I will need for awhile anyways and 2 of them are free! lol

Will pickup Killzone and Knack though too.

Maybe it's an homage to the Halo 2 version.

That still looks like an ODST. It really feels like 343 rounded all the edges and added some Noble Six helmet designs for no reason.

Overall the armor looks pretty good, but the helmet seems off. I love that they added the backpack thingy to it.

Definitely getting a console in the launch window for BF4.

Conor 419

Banned
I'm definitely picking up a Wii U at some point due to exclusive superiority, I'll get a PS4 eventually, maybe next Summer.

Will probably borrow a Xbone to play Halo 5, if it proves to be worth playing (probably not),

Top Bottom