• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Conor 419

Banned
Can we petition for Halo to be given to Nintendo or Rockstar North? It's clear Microsoft are well on their way to taking this down the Sonic route.

Plus, a lot of people are probably playing it because of Rooster Teeth's Let's Plays.

Also, this is the best thing ever.

Fuck, beat me to it. RoosterTeeth's got millions of followers so I'm sure their wacky, approachable antics are getting a lot of people re-hyped for the game.

Can we petition for Halo to be given to Nintendo or Rockstar North? It's clear Microsoft are well on their way to taking this down the Sonic route.

Halo is the new Metroid.

rip

willow ve

With Halo 3 going free soon, did they ever fix the issue where the game ran much slower when installed to the hard drive? Or does that not apply to direct download games?

Also will need to switch over to 3 full time for a week or so before free month so I can memorize and time all the weapons again.

FyreWulff

Dedicated servers for Campaign?

Technically, they could do this for campaign co-op, if they want to go to asynch AI and get rid of the button press delays. Host the AI in an Azure instance and offload the bandwidth demand of 40+ AI to a neutral server.

There's a whole bunch of assumptions and doors this opens up.

belushy

Banned
I hope it isn't just a campaign game. If that is the case, I'd rather just wait until Halo 5 or the Spinoff in 2015. Don't get me wrong, I've loved all the Halo campaigns... not enough to warrant buying just a single player/co-op game, though.

Striker

Goes to show you how big of a difference there is between a 10/10 game and. 9.8/10

Hehehe
I'm surprised there's that many playing its MP to be honest. Free Roam is great for a week then it gets boring because there's nothing to do except drive around cars.

Easily worse than GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas, but it seems Rockstar is pulling off a much better product in GTA V.

wwm0nkey

Soooo uhhh apparently that Microsoft esport survey I filled out awhile back got me a phone call with Microsoft and now I have to sign a NDA about stuff I will be hearing tomorrow....in the survey I did go on a HUGE rant about how Halo 2's 1-50 system was perfect for competitive community and eased newer players into the competitive side without having to sacrifice the skill gap.

Soooo uhhh apparently that Microsoft esport survey I filled out awhile back got me a phone call with Microsoft and now I have to sign a NDA about stuff I will be hearing tomorrow....in the survey I did go on a HUGE rant about how Halo 2's 1-50 system was perfect for competitive community and eased newer players into the competitive side without having to sacrifice the skill gap.

NDA... what the hell for?

Fracas

#fuckonami

That's awesome!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

wwm0nkey will save Halo

NICE.

TheOddOne

Tell them to release Halo 2 and Halo 3 for steam.

Also, send juices resume.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Competitive rankings are great, but don't mean anything if the game itself isn't rewarding to play. With any luck, that's already been addressed!

Well sadly I can not post anything that I say or hear tomorrow so just look out for either a :) :| or :(

Can you post random responses today and attach a number prior to signing and hearing of info and then post the number that corresponds during your NDA?

Like a sexy loophole.

Omni

Xbox Live Activity for week of July 15:
  • Halo 4 - 8th Place
  • Halo Reach - 14th Place
http://majornelson.com/2013/07/24/live-activity-for-week-of-july-15/

Assassin Creed II got to 7th place (Fable III cracked Top 10). Curious to see how Halo 3 will get once released for free.
Wow. And to think Halo 4 will be out of the top 10 soon too - Splinter Cell, GTAV, CoD Ghosts, BF4, AC, [Halo 3?] and Watchdogs are all going to destroy it. Game isn't even a year old.

I guess that's what happens when you fuck with a franchise and alienate all your fans.

wwm0nkey

Can you post random responses today and attach a number prior to signing and hearing of info and then post the number that corresponds during your NDA?

Like a sexy loophole.

eh that might work, or I will just do what CBOAT does XD

but I will probably remain silent unless its really small because all I know so far is that I am 1 of 50 people who got selected to do this and the survey was only about competitive gaming.

eh that might work, or I will just do what CBOAT does XD

but I will probably remain silent unless its really small because all I know so far is that I am 1 of 50 people who got selected to do this and the survey was only about competitive gaming.

Keep tight lipped dude, a smile will be enough for now otherwise microsoft will not play nice.

To have a global phone call about halo 4 though I don't quite understand the reasons.

wwm0nkey

Keep tight lipped dude, a smile will be enough for now otherwise microsoft will not play nice.

To have a global phone call about halo 4 though I don't quite understand the reasons.

Yeah thats my plan, first time signing a NDA too :D

Also its not just about Halo, not even sure if Halo will be mentioned.

wwm0nkey

lol, maybe next time.

Also, wtf, when was this eSports survey? I would've gone ham on that if I'd known about it.

I get random surveys from time to time because I signed up for the Microsoft Game Studio Beta program on connect.microsoft.com

Got a copy of Halo 4 for a Happy Wars survey before lol

DeadNames

Banned
I can see it now...

"After an extensive phone call with an anonymous NeoGAF user about the competitiveness of Halo, we have included a new Ordnance Plus(tm) and Accurate Sight System(tm) (ASS for short) in Halo 5.

The Ordnance Plus system will allow players to call in their own personal Scarab or Banshee Strikes! The ASS system will allow players to sacrifice their mobility for the sake of their accuracy! We felt these changes fit our vision of making Halo more accessible(tm) for everyone."

Madness

Don't know why you'd risk it... Your steam/gamertag are shown here, as is your location. They're pretty ruthless against people who break NDA and they almost always find out, especially as Frankie and Ellis browse here.

That being said, hopefully you get asked some exciting questions for the future of eSports/Halo.

wwm0nkey

Don't know why you'd risk it... Your steam/gamertag are shown here, as is your location. They're pretty ruthless against people who break NDA and they almost always find out, especially as Frankie and Ellis browse here.

That being said, hopefully you get asked some exciting questions for the future of eSports/Halo.

Don't worry no NDAs will be broke even though that might make some here sad lol

I am sure there will be one or two Halo things in there.

Ghazi

I get random surveys from time to time because I signed up for the Microsoft Game Studio Beta program on connect.microsoft.com

Got a copy of Halo 4 for a Happy Wars survey before lol

What the flying fuck, I've been signed up there since 2009 iirc. Why the hell did they never email me? Is it because I wasn't in the US at the time I signed up? Someone at MS is getting sued for racism because I want me free copy of Halo 4.

wwm0nkey

What the flying fuck, I've been signed up there since 2009 iirc. Why the hell did they never email me? Is it because I wasn't in the US at the time I signed up? Someone at MS is getting sued for racism because I want me free copy of Halo 4.

Survey thing is like a lottery, I got lucky....2 times apparently lol

wwm0nkey

Yea they called me for something once, and then said I didn't qualify when I told them I wasn't a fan of heavy metal music.

I got called once for a Game of Thrones thing but then because I didn't have HBO they also said I did not qualify, this is the first time I do! :D

Also just read the NDA....yeah I aint breaking shit lol

Top Bottom