• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm definitely picking up a Wii U at some point due to exclusive superiority, I'll get a PS4 eventually, maybe next Summer.

Will probably borrow a Xbone to play Halo 5, if it proves to be worth playing (probably not),

Same here. I really want a Wii U, but there's just nothing there yet. I'll probably bite in 2014 when Nintendo drops Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. And a price drop would help.

IHaveIce

Banned
Only buying a Wii U if there will be a Metroid game, a real Pokemon game and X is out.

Mario Kart and all that trash is absolutely boring for me.

WIll probably buy the Ps4 at launch, though I have the same problem like Fracas, no launch game really interests me of the exclusives.

Xbox One will be bought when Halo comes out or something other cool exclusive game.

For everything else I have my beast PC - TITANFALL

CyReN

Xbox One day 1 for now, pre-ordered when it opened up and the recent announcements have helped a lot. Only real issue is I have no place to put the Kinect.

Ghazi

You think BF4 would only be really enjoyable if you pick it up as it launches? Would it still be fun getting into it like 6 months after launch?

No, Battlefield tends to have long legs so picking it up 6 months past launch is totally viable. Plus it'll get a player boost from the Premium Edition that'll inevitably come out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You think BF4 would only be really enjoyable if you pick it up as it launches? Would it still be fun getting into it like 6 months after launch?

Only thing you'd be missing out on is the BK bonanza that accompanies most FPS launches. Like Ghazi said, you'd probably be able to find a deal for DLC by then, too.

Is anyone else not really that interested in exclusive launch games? I mean, Killzone looks ok, as does Knack and Killer Instinct, but there's nothing ground-breaking there. My PS4 is more than likely going to be a Battlefield 4 machine for awhile.

Nothings stood out to me yet either. Some fun games I would play, but nothing I'd pick up a console for. Pretty sad, but everything hinges on Halo 5 being good. If its entirely more of Halo 4 I'll go PS4 or just stick with 360. Gamings pretty expensive as it is.

Don't think I'll be getting something at launch, but I'm definitely getting PS4. Last Playstation machine I had was the PS2.

Everything I'm interested in is going to be on the PS4, minus Halo. But really, I've sort of let go now. I was soooo into Halo 1-3 including ODST. Reach was a slap in the face, but I had hope things would change when 4 came out. But it should be clear the direction things are going with Halo. As much as I wish Halo would go back to the way it once was, it's not going to happen.

343 can make the Halo game they want to make, they absolutely have the right to do whatever they please, but Halo isn't what gets me excited anymore and there's no reason to believe it will go back to anything 'classic' in the future. So even when we start getting glimpses of Halo 5, and people go crazy with the gif's and post things like 'DAT STRAFE' or 'DAT JUMP HEIGHT' it's not going to get me to go out and buy an Xbox one and Halo 5, cus I know how these things go.

But like I said, I'm cool with it now, I'm really looking forward to getting into something else. I'm not a big gamer, I sort of played Halo and that was it for the most part, but now other things are starting to grab my attention, like Watch Dogs, The Division, and of course, Destiny. There's something exciting about exploring something like Destiny's world, plus I think they said there will be some exclusive content for the PS4.

But, probably not right at launch. We'll see.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else not really that interested in exclusive launch games? I mean, Killzone looks ok, as does Knack and Killer Instinct, but there's nothing ground-breaking there. My PS4 is more than likely going to be a Battlefield 4 machine for awhile.
Yup, lol. BF4 and Destiny are the only games I have pre-ordered for my PS4. None of the launch games aside from BF4 really appeal to me. I got a few PSN point cards for cheap thru Best Buy recently, though, and might buy a PSN game or two on launch. Not to mention the F2P games!

Same here. I really want a Wii U, but there's just nothing there yet. I'll probably bite in 2014 when Nintendo drops Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. And a price drop would help.
That's exactly where I'm at with the Wii U. I'll probably get one in the second half of 2014. But by then Destiny will be out (I'm assuming), so who knows if I'll really feel the need for another console...

Mario Kart and all that trash is absolutely boring for me.
I dunno, Mario Kart 8 is the first MK game that's really grabbed my attention since the DS version in 2005 or whatever. It looks pretty frickin awesome.

heckfu

Banned
That's exactly where I'm at with the Wii U. I'll probably get one in the second half of 2014. But by then Destiny will be out (I'm assuming), so who knows if I'll really feel the need for another console...

I'm buying a Wii U just for Destiny.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh wait, I forgot about getting Drive Club with PS Plus. I'll definitely try that out, along with Planetside 2. I hope there's some kind of Black Friday deal for PS4 games, but I doubt it'll happen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I read that someone pre-ordered a game for next gen, it feels good that I'll never do that. Just turn on the console and download the game day one. So good.
I'd do that for some games, but in general I like having the option of reselling my games, especially if I end up not liking them. Plus I only live seven minutes from my local Gamestop, lol.

How the fuck does someone win by 14 kills in FFA SWAT? That isn't even possible on a good day.
For a second I thought you said FIFA SWAT and I was like what.

Everytime I read that someone pre-ordered a game for next gen, it feels good that I'll never do that. Just turn on the console and download the game day one. So good.

If the pricing isn't downright retarded like it has been on Xbox this gen (€70 for Black Ops 2 today) I'd be all over going online only. The idea of changing games without changing discs is awesome to me. And who really wants more game boxes lying around anyway? Needless clutter.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can you believe there are people (Xand) that call the SNES, the S-NES (Es-N.E.S) rather then the proper way.

Those people deserve no respect.
As much as I love taking every opportunity to ridicule Xand, I've only ever heard SNES pronounced as its own word ("sness") once. Do you call the NES "ness", too? Do you call the PSX "pissix"?

Fotos

FFA SWAT is a complete joke if you're in a competition. I love getting spawn killed on Abandon by some random that I know is complete trash. Seriously though, what is 343 thinking?

As much as I love taking every opportunity to ridicule Xand, I've only ever heard SNES pronounced as its own word ("sness") once. Do you call the NES "ness", too? Do you call the PSX "pissix"?

Ness. Yes.

No one in England has ever said PSX. It's always been referred to as the playtation, sometimes but rarely the PS (peeEss) or PS1.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ness. Yes.

No one in England has ever said PSX. It's always been referred to as the playtation, sometimes but rarely the PS (peeEss) or PS1.
Weirdo. But yeah, I guess you're right about PSX. I only have see it in writing. But did you call the 3DO the "three-dough"? Do you call the 360 the "three six zero"? I'm not gonna let you off the hook, lol.

FFA SWAT is a complete joke if you're in a competition. I love getting spawn killed on Abandon by some random that I know is complete trash. Seriously though, what is 343 thinking?

Dont play it.

Ughh all these people pissed at 343 then they play what they are given.

TURN OFF HALO 4. Sell your disc if you cant hold yourself back.

---

They are going to continue doing this shit until you hold firm and speak with your actions. Words literally mean nothing to them because they do not have ears they do not listen.

Madness

Is it a European thing? Never heard it once called 'Snes' as a word growing up in US/Canada, always 'S-N-E-S' or 'super nintendo'. Same with N-E-S as opposed to 'NES' as a word.

Weirdo. But yeah, I guess you're right about PSX. I only have see it in writing. But did you call the 3DO the "three-dough"? Do you call the 360 the "three six zero"? I'm not gonna let you off the hook, lol.

Saying three dough sounds more fun then actually playing on a 3DO.

Booties

Banned
Dont play it.

Ughh all these people pissed at 343 then they play what they are given.

TURN OFF HALO 4. Sell your disc if you cant hold yourself back.

---

They are going to continue doing this shit until you hold firm and speak with your actions. Words literally mean nothing to them because they do not have ears they do not listen.

Then Computer0101 just gets 3 sprees and wins by 14 too. I can't believe how this game just continues to depress the shit out of me.

Enfinit

I'll keep my SNES. All this next-gen stuff looks blocky.
80% through A Link to the Past currently, just 100%'d Donkey Kong Country 2. What you know about that.
Can you believe there are people (Xand) that call the SNES, the S-NES (Es-N.E.S) rather then the proper way.

Those people deserve no respect.

I've never heard anyone in person call it the SNES (sness). I've always referred and heard it referred to as the S.N.E.S.

It's the one's that pronounce ".gif" with a hard G instead of like the peanut butter brand that deserves no respect.

Fuchsdh

80% through A Link to the Past currently, just 100%'d Donkey Kong Country 2. What you know about that.

I've never heard anyone in person call it the SNES (sness). I've always referred and heard it referred to as the S.N.E.S.

It's the one's that pronounce ".gif" with a hard G instead of like the peanut butter brand that deserves no respect.

I've heard plenty of people call it Sness, more than S.N.E.S. personally.

As to GIF, a hard G makes far more sense to me as A) it's not in any way related to peanut butter, B) the actual word it's drawn from uses a hard G, and C) because that's how all the designers I knew growing up pronounced it. I could care less what the creator of the damn format has to say on that point.

Top Bottom