• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Enfinit

I've heard plenty of people call it Sness, more than S.N.E.S. personally.

As to GIF, a hard G makes far more sense to me as A) it's not in any way related to peanut butter, B) the actual word it's drawn from uses a hard G, and C) because that's how all the designers I knew growing up pronounced it. I could care less what the creator of the damn format has to say on that point.

Sness just sounds weird to be. Reminds my of Ness from Earthbound.

Skippy is a better peanut butter brand anyways.

Fuchsdh

Sness just sounds weird to be. Reminds my of Ness from Earthbound.

Skippy is a better peanut butter brand anyways.

Those same people often spell out N.E.S, so I dunno what's behind that.

Just remember: any time you're annoyed that some of 343's armor looks bad, remember that Bungie created just as funky armor and 343 was the one who made Scout look like something decent! :)

couldn't*

that's my biggest pet peeve in the world

I know. I'm just a jerk and I do that deliberately on the internet a lot of times because people rage about it. I'm really not much better though--it's sometimes shocking to see how badly some people pronounce words (and who the hell says "bob wire"?)

Just remember: any time you're annoyed that some of 343's armor looks bad, remember that Bungie created just as funky armor and 343 was the one who made Scout look like something decent! :)
Just as? Nope.
Not saying it was roses, but in comparison it was a might better. It's a large part of a general art issue across Halo 4.

Fuchsdh

Just as? Nope.
Not saying it was roses, but in comparison it was a might better. It's a large part of a general art issue across Halo 4.

Eh, we'll disagree. The move from Halo 3's Spartans to Reach's was in my opinion a general decline, and they introduced a lot of the bizarre or plain redundant helmets. And let's not forget that they butchered the Mark V.

"I'm not just a sponsor of the Frankie School of Maddenly Vague Forum Posts, I'm Also A Client!"

wwm0nkey

It was just a general thing. I do echo a lot of things you guys think and there is a CHANCE 343 and other studios might hear things I said but that is all I am allowed to say (I did ask what I was allowed and not allowed to say)

belushy

Banned
I was already expecting a great ranking system since Josh Menke is there, but this gives me more hope. Hoping they make spectator modes a norm in their upcoming games as well.

wwm0nkey

Why is everyone freaking out at wwmonkey smiling?

Did halo 2 arcade get announced?

I wish :(

EDIT: Best way I can put it without breaking NDA, I was in a general Microsoft focus group (not just about Halo) and sometimes Microsoft actually listens to that but not always so basically......

a-chance.gif

Why is everyone freaking out at wwmonkey smiling?

Did halo 2 arcade get announced?

He has signed a NDA but he was contacted via Microsoft regarding the Competitive gaming scene. He said he would post a :) or a :( depending on what a 2 hour phone call he had today was about.

Looks like good things.

Nebula

Halo life 3 confirmed.

I'm now waiting for Halo 3 to drop for free. Not touched my xbox in a week, and I'm hoping the population boost when it comes out will be significant enough to find games in under 5 minutes, and have a decent host.

I'm also expecting it to beat Halo 4 in population.

I'd do that for some games, but in general I like having the option of reselling my games, especially if I end up not liking them. Plus I only live seven minutes from my local Gamestop, lol.
Oh yeah that's fine for people that want to do that, but for me all digital is going to be so nice.

I avoid Gamestop's like their a plague lol.
If the pricing isn't downright retarded like it has been on Xbox this gen (€70 for Black Ops 2 today) I'd be all over going online only. The idea of changing games without changing discs is awesome to me. And who really wants more game boxes lying around anyway? Needless clutter.
Yeah, sadly one of the downfalls of removing the 24 hour check is that physical copies were going to work just like digital ones, meaning that if you found a good deal on a physical copy, you'd still get install and never use the disc again.
Well, fuck halo. Gonna play Tomb Raider or AC2 instead.
Both a fun times.

The anonymous nobody/emblem thing in Halo 2 worked really well. But after that they went to armor, which is fine but there's always room for both. Keeping both behind unlocks is awful either way. Seeing how enthusiastic they were over something like 1-flag on Zanzibar is still great to see even nine years later. Something new to the series and they were getting creative with the maps. Meanwhile, nowadays they pimp out going invisible with a sniper rifle or EMP'ing an enemy vehicle.

It would be sweet to see the playlists/variants with fixed loadouts that gimp AA's, sprint etc having standard Spartan armour for all where the playlists with custom/progressed loadouts allowed your custom Spartan. That would be sweet and really define classic vs. new breed.

In this artwork she looks like a hybrid Kat & Palmer. Certainly looks tougher rather than girly hey my make up doesn't even run during battle.

Speaking of armor, how did ODST manage to become so ugly

h4%20champions%20bundle_drop%20shock_660.jpg

The helmet is pretty good but they overesized all other armour pieces. It's off balance and chunky where ODST was streamlined and simple. Previous ODST really gave off that not Spartan armour but very utilitarian by design. It's nice to move to Spartan ODST but I don't like this design apart from the helmet. Yes the colours are a poor choice too.

Two characters never spoke so much :)

Booties

Banned
monkey, don't even pretend like what you're doing is going to change halo. this is the corporation that flew tashi in to play legendary slayer.

heckfu

Banned
monkey, don't even pretend like what you're doing is going to change halo. this is the corporation that flew tashi in to play legendary slayer.

lol dat inflated self-importance. by all means i hope it changes things...but it won't.

they hired bravo, quinn, etc and we still got AR starts.

im ready to wake up from the halo 4 dream and get to halo 5 i think. i like 4 just fine, but it sucks getting on the xbox every night and not seeing anyone from the old crew playing.

Top Bottom