• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Story of Halo 4. Before release, day of release, after release.
E3 2011 reveal :-D
Game Informer media blow out D-:
90% of news between then and launch :-(
Blind hype regardless of bad news :)
Game comes out and all the terrible predictions come true x_x RIP in peace

Don't forget the leak before the Game Informer media blow out where we all were laughing because of how fake it all sounded.

The reveal itself was suspect. No halo music except a tad bit towards the end. then i knew it was over when the game informer info hit. Many thought i was wrong too.

Booshka

Well Microsoft did go with Virgin Gaming for "eSports" so they need all the help and advice they can get. Hopefully they make some better decisions, first step is to make sure LAN support is in every multiplayer title. I still think that will be a big issue next gen, a lot games just not even supporting LAN play. Or if they do have LAN play, all their bullshit unlock progression stuff gets in the way so your friends come over and have to play with bare bones default shit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well Microsoft did go with Virgin Gaming for "eSports" so they need all the help and advice they can get. Hopefully they make some better decisions, first step is to make sure LAN support is in every multiplayer title. I still think that will be a big issue next gen, a lot games just not even supporting LAN play. Or if they do have LAN play, all their bullshit unlock progression stuff gets in the way so your friends come over and have to play with bare bones default shit.
Yeah, I'm pretty worried about that, too.

They should really just go by Gaming now that they've fucked Halo so many times over.

I should do nerd rage reviews of vidya games for youtube cash money.

akcddcl.jpg

Blueblur1

Speaking of armor, how did ODST manage to become so ugly

h4%20champions%20bundle_drop%20shock_660.jpg

Please, please get a new director. The fact that junk like this gets approved and put into a product is ridiculous.

iC065YFykeL32.gif

Never forget.

I still argue that the revealing of the BR on Haven was a deliberate bait and switch. "Here's what you want..."

"Oh, and here's what you didn't ask for and are specifically telling us you don't want and why. Perks, ordnance, weapon unlocks, etc! Enjoy!"

It was a pure bait n switch showing us real gameplay on the ONLY small map in the game mind you, coincidence? Hell no, they showed Haven cause thats what we want, they showed the BR battle cause thats what we want.

Everything else is in game so magazine reviews and a bunch of dorks like Greenskull go OH WOOOWWWW. Even though they dont play the game and suck at the game respectively.

It was a pure bait n switch showing us real gameplay on the ONLY small map in the game mind you, coincidence? Hell no, they showed Haven cause thats what we want, they showed the BR battle cause thats what we want.

Everything else is in game so magazine reviews and a bunch of dorks like Greenskull go OH WOOOWWWW. Even though they dont play the game and suck at the game respectively.

yandere heckfu defense force incoming

Fuchsdh

Realistically when will any info on Halo 5 come? How long after the E3 Halo 4 reveal did we get anything?

Didn't get anything for Halo 4 essentially for a year, but that was special case. I'm not sure the same rules for precedent applies to Halo 5 though because it was used more as a franchise platform announcement than a specific game. My guess is we'll have a longish wait.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Needle Rifle return alongside the Carbine. So sexy.

XH9QWRk.png

Eh, Carbine is simply a far better weapon to me, and it looks better to my eyes. The other factor against it is that its supercombine could only exist in Reach's sandbox, which I thought was the poorer for making Needles only combine on unshielded foes. Combine that with the fact that enemies dived and rolled around if you so much as pinged them with a round and it was an extremely frustrating weapon in campaign.

Booties

Banned
Not at all. The game is a disgrace to halo and gaming in general. perks,flinch,sprint,xp,etc will still be in. reach is far better and 3 is the only good one this gen.

Yeah I forgot about all that. Descoping especially. Probably The hardest change to get used to. I want the DMR to be BTB only or get rid of it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, first match of Halo 4.
My first match was on Solace, the map I was looking most forward to after Haven.

"Wait, the bases aren't symmetrical, wtf?"
"Ugh, why are all these crates in the way."
"That guy just jetpacked up to snipe perch. Cool."
"They just got an incineration cannon in their ordnance, cooooool."

:-( :-( :-( :-(

Corporate marketing shows it's customers what they want to purchase a product...absolute shocker ;)

Forget all the events, ViDocs, press releases etc...nope it's just that one video we all got sucked in by, please.

This is so sweet, literally.
halocake.jpg

Bahahahaha!

Greenskull - "MS sent me a golden ticket to test out Halo 4 Turbo in Seattle. I Don't Know WTF I'm Doing. PotheadSmileyFace.jpg"

Top Bottom