• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

I'm okay with this.

No I'm not. :( hey better than being perma-banned because they think I'm a shill. So ehh...

Only part about being tagged like this I don't like is it's going to completely ruin any argument I try to have now, if some users decide to just quote my tag in my response, which I have seen people do now.

Hun, your arguments were ruined before the tag.

gAg CruSh3r

One step closer to Speedy getting banned.
Still at least we can laugh at him rather than rolling our eyes and hoping he'd improve.

63Q4JQ1.png

Lol I came in here to see what HaloGAF had to say about Speedy lol. Sorry Speedy but this is golden haha.

Chettlar

Banned
heh, yeah. I didn't mind it either. :)

Well, gameplay changes would have included something like your suggestion of including an AR in Halo 2 (and the various gameplay sections already mentioned). ;) I was thinking no more than adding sprint (no armour abilities otherwise), and perhaps adding pure flood forms in Halo 2, but that to me is seemingly inconsequential in the grand scheme. With the missing events, I was more or less thinking about only recreating levels that fit a rampant Cortana narrative (although it's a slippery slope to a rather broken narrative given all the cut-scenes involved). A complete remake would be best (and a ton of work). Most of the "explained changes" would basically have included the visuals (art direction) and quirks related to the different engine involved, but otherwise, the level layouts/environments would be as close as possible.

A complete remake (ala Fable) is pretty much making a new game with a bunch of the design taken care of already, but there's still going to be differences due to the underlying engine and the new art that needs to be created. It'd be a lot of work to make sure everything is the same between engines. I mean, sure it was kinda neat that all the bugs & physics were the same in CEA, but that imposed some glaring technical limitations. :(

I would say that a complete remake is probably the best thing they can go with for right now, and I think they should.

And hey, there's nothing that says that 343 must do the remake themselves. Why not have Certain Affinity (or was it Saber Interactive?) do it? That way, Certain Affinity could have a big project that they could work on, with oversight by 343, and 343 could focus on making their own multiplayer maps (so we don't have all that outsourcing).

Also, I don't think Multiplayer should be messed with at all simply because the game was designed the way it is, so adding something to it will necessitate adding something else, so you get more and more complicated and messy, at which point you might as well completely start over, which I don't think most people want, since most people seem want Halo 2 Anniversary explicitly for the multiplayer, and changing it much at all really flies in the face of that.

Mistel

Banned
Worst thing is that he keeps digging that hole. Jesus.
Got to reach those emerging market's somehow :p.

ADS in halo:
Halo 3 weapons and balance with ADS. Fuck all you haters saying "its not halo"

ADS is a staple of the evolution of FPS games. Not to mention, the addition of ADS would help reduce the need for the ridiculous amount of aim assist. I understand its a controller crutch and I am certainly not saying it needs to be removed 100%, but in my opinion it needs to be reduced, at least half the area it currently snaps can be removed.
Nooo.jpg

Chettlar

Banned
I won't make any promises, I can't keep. Carnotaur is the biggest tease with that T-Rex of his.

Snake tales was part of Metal Gear Solid 2 subsistence which basically had Solid snake play out the story instead of Raiden. Instead of altering a remake include new idea's or altercations to the current campaign, add like a seperate sort of like mini campaign. If your desperate for new content with the suggestion's of your's like alternate routes and It could include new levels. Please say you at least have played MGS 3?
tumblr_muun7xXuBl1qlaqmmo1_250.gif

I want you to breath deeply, because taking in what I'm about to tell you may be vary hard. I think you're a big girl now, so I think you can handle it. You ready? Ok.

I have never played a Metal Gear game. Ever.

To be serious though, no I really haven't. I would like to some time, but you see I've never owned a Sony console, and when I did finally get a console I got a 360 because Halo, and I'm dirt poor, so I've never really been able to get any of them. I may try going back and playing them when I get the chance; there's just so many games I haven't played because of various reasons, I don't know when I'd get to it.

Chettlar

Banned
The amount of feuds going on in this thread is insane.

I blame 343 for not giving us something to turn all this energy to.

I'm actually being half serious here

heckfu

Banned
RE: the recent MS news,

Speedy is probably being paid by MS to talk good about them on GAF for damage control. But he cant say hes getting paid because of the agreement.

Speedy's unfathomable brand loyalty is his way of confessing that he's part of this deal

KJE8OjU.png

Speedy Blue Dude
This Post Brought To You By
the Microsoft Xbox One™,
The All-in-One Entertainment System
(Today, 04:01 PM)

Deadly Cyclone
you click your right stick in
you click your right stick out
you click your right stick in
and then you suck at it all about
(Today, 03:43 PM)

Also, it's criminal how few halogaffers are tagged. I'd settle for "dickpoop in muh vagibber goitus" at this point.

"arguments"

"Hun"

Mistel

Banned
I want you to breath deeply, because taking in what I'm about to tell you may be vary hard. I think you're a big girl now, so I think you can handle it. You ready? Ok.

I have never played a Metal Gear game. Ever.
:( Go get a preowned copy of this:
Then your only missing MGS 1, Acid 1 + 2 and 4. Peace walker is even co-op hint hint.
Or at least watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

Also, it's criminal how few halogaffers are tag.
Chettlar
Something,
Something,
Hamburger grenade's
lol

More of us need tag's.

I'm okay with this.

No I'm not. :( hey better than being perma-banned because they think I'm a shill. So ehh...

Only part about being tagged like this I don't like is it's going to completely ruin any argument I try to have now, if some users decide to just quote my tag in my response, which I have seen people do now.

BdXgr.gif

Ghazi

This is awful.

Then your only missing MGS 1, Acid 1 + 2 and 4. Peace walker is even co-op hint hint.

If you have a PS3 buy it there, because I regret buying it for the 360 because the control scheme sucked. Not to mention you can get nearly the entire series on the PS Triple. I still have MGS4 and I'm waiting to finish my run through 2 and 3 again to play it.

Chettlar

Banned

Chettlar
Something,
Something,
Hamburger grenade's
lol

More of us need tag's.

I've never been big on third person shooters, but I will definitely give this a try once I get some money.

My priority list right now is getting Halo 3 mm maps, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo 4 (I'll probably get complete edition because why not).

That and saving up for an Xbox One for when Viva Pinata 3, Halo 5, and Forza Horizon 2 come out.

Homeboyd

Haha I got linked to r/dadjokes earlier so this is particularly amusing and relevant to my interests today. Nice work. Amazing. 9.8/10

Mistel

Banned
If you have a PS3 buy it there, because I regret buying it for the 360 because the control scheme sucked.
I didn't mind it, but controller scheme's i find easy to pick up and use.

I've never been big on third person shooters, but I will definitely give this a try once I get some money.

My priority list right now is getting Halo 3 mm maps, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo 4 (I'll probably get complete edition because why not).
MGS 3 has my personal favorite Eva:
Only peace walker in that is third person MGS 2 and 3 are top down with the option of first person view. But as for those game's preowned is your friend, as ODST has all the 3 MM map's and I've seen 4 go for very cheap as well.

Ghazi

Sorry @DJ Ghazi I though it was obvious that it was fake.
Nah, it's all good. I didn't realize it was, only the health bars looked fake to me, but I'm on my phone so I couldn't see it in detail/big so it looked real.
I didn't mind it, but controller scheme's i find easy to pick up and use.

Meh, would rather buy MGS1+HD Collection+MGS4+Revengeance on PS3 and experience the superior controller (the controller the game was designed around!!!!!) for it. It's just a better overall experience imo.

Mistel

Banned
Meh, would rather buy MGS1+HD Collection+MGS4+Revengeance on PS3 and experience the superior controller (the controller the game was designed around!!!!!) for it. It's just a better overall experience imo.
The only PS3 at my house isn't mine so I couldn't even though I would like to. As for the PS2 game's I've got like lot's of different version of the 1-3 and I had MGO as well that was great fun.

I didn't like revengeance mainly because I couldn't do it, so i've got no idea about the game itself, but the soundtrack is nice.

Nowise10

Is it me or does Destiny look boring and uninspiring?

That doesn't look boring or uninspiring to me.

I understand that their marketing ploys aren't really the greatest at the moment, as we keep seeing like the same exact footage, but you also are expecting Halo hype with this game, when it isn't Halo. Still a shit ton of months left until the beta, and even more until the final game. The newest screenshots they posted actually are getting me excited, as the game just looks absolutely gorgeous and something I will want to spend hours in roaming with my friends.

Madness

From a co-op/story/exploration standpoint I'm excited for Destiny because it's a new game with Bungie world building and polish. So I can't wait to see the new world, listen to Marty's music etc.

But from a multiplayer standpoint, I'm very disinterested. I might enjoy it for a little bit, but there was a reason I was a fan of and played Halo for a long period of time and didn't really get into other series as much. Then again, people are having tons of fun of with Battlefield 4, CoD:Ghosts, Killzone:SF so you never know.

Chettlar

Banned
That doesn't look boring or uninspiring to me.

I understand that their marketing ploys aren't really the greatest at the moment, as we keep seeing like the same exact footage, but you also are expecting Halo hype with this game, when it isn't Halo. Still a shit ton of months left until the beta, and even more until the final game. The newest screenshots they posted actually are getting me excited, as the game just looks absolutely gorgeous and something I will want to spend hours in roaming with my friends.

I had not seen these. That is some awesome atmosphere right there. If it's got as good gunplay as Bungie has always been good at providing, then whoopdidoo, somebody please give me some money.

Of course it has to be console exclusive.

#stillbitter.

^Bungie usually sucks at taking interesting looking screens, but those two look fantastic. I'm hopeful for Destiny, but I really feel like I need to play it to fully understand.

So, do we think February will bring something for Halo 5?

Chettlar

Banned
^Bungie usually sucks at taking interesting looking screens, but those two look fantastic. I'm hopeful for Destiny, but I really feel like I need to play it to fully understand.

So, do we think February will bring something for Halo 5?

What about hiring this guy then?

Won't see til after march, ]titanfall then, destiny info, then halo.
I'd imagine they want a serious spotlight

As much as I wish they wouldn't, this is what I am expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom