• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

Thanks to Cyren I finally got into the TF beta. I've only been able to play 3 matches so far but I really enjoy it for what it is. It's definitely COD with mechs BUT the player movement is what makes the game stand out. It's what makes it a total blast to cruise around the map killing dudes. I really wouldn't mind seeing TF's player mobility in Halo (but probably tied to a power-up or maybe a unique game type). It's so fun!

CyReN

Thanks to Cyren I finally got into the TF beta. I've only been able to play 3 matches so far but I really enjoy it for what it is. It's definitely COD with mechs BUT the player movement is what makes the game stand out. It's what makes it a total blast to cruise around the map killing dudes. I really wouldn't mind seeing TF's player mobility in Halo (but probably tied to a power-up or maybe a unique game type). It's so fun!

Glad to see you get in.

-------
I've played it at Pax, the Alpha and now Beta. Game is really good but I need more maps and gametypes. Still day 1.

IHaveIce

Banned
Titanfall is amazing.
For now there is nothing in the beta that annoys me, I mean burn cards could be shitty in the full game but they are alroght right now.

I really hope there are more gametypes though and good maps.

Just sad there won't be custom game lobbies

Titanfall is amazing.
For now there is nothing in the beta that annoys me, I mean burn cards could be shitty in the full game but they are alroght right now.

I really hope there are more gametypes though and good maps.

Just sad there won't be custom game lobbies

Just got my PC beta access. Downloading now. Do we have a group of PC folks in here or is all of HaloGAF doing XB1?

I'd like to play with some folks I know, even tangentially.

wwm0nkey

Just got my PC beta access. Downloading now. Do we have a group of PC folks in here or is all of HaloGAF doing XB1?

I'd like to play with some folks I know, even tangentially.
I have it and would like to play with some of you :D

Still absolutely wreck people at the game though lol

belushy

Banned
If anyone happens to have an extra PC code, I'll take it off your hands. Found out I never activated my email account for the origin account I signed up with...

Mistel

Banned
Switching between trying to get 20,000 idiots through a tunnel and watching titanfall matches, I'm still feeling no appeal for it I don't know I just don't find it interesting.

Titanfall is fucking amazing. I love this game. So good. I hope 343 is taking notes on how you can make your game easily accessible, without handicapping and ruining everything.

Real Talk? Are they even worth using. I have a tonne untouched.

Of course they are WORTH using you activate them before the game starts or while you respawn and you get them randomly for getting kills. Costs nothing and gives you a benefit of some kind.

My favorites are the heat (promethean) vision ones, the amped RC + Archer cards, and the 80 sec reduce build time titan cards.

Although yes I was being sarcastic. However if Halo 5 doesn't have Parkour in it I'm not buying it.

Titanfall is fucking amazing. I love this game. So good. I hope 343 is taking notes on how you can make your game easily accessible, without handicapping and ruining everything.

The game is very simple and handicapped man, theres very little depth to TF imo. I think I went 16-2 or 3 on my very first game.

Yeah, but unlike Halo 4, Titanfall
Is actually good

I do have fun playing it. I just worry about its longevity.

1. No ranking system
2. Doesn't seem to have any system to getting 'quality' MM games. So you just pubstomp bad kids forever. I've lost two matches so far and it was solely because the other 4 players on our team did terrible. With a solid 6 I wouldn't have lost a game yet out of ~30.
3. Unlock system seems a little simple and unnecessary, People are probably going to hit max and unlock everything relatively quickly if you can hit 14 in 2 hours.
4. No spectator mode, no theater, no forge. Means its probably not going to go far competitively
5. No campaign

I'm worrying about this game IMO. Hopefully they release TONS of DLC maps and additional weapons/titans. Cause without new content I see it getting old real fast.

Of course they are WORTH using you activate them before the game starts or while you respawn and you get them randomly for getting kills. Costs nothing and gives you a benefit of some kind.

My favorites are the heat (promethean) vision ones, the amped RC + Archer cards, and the 80 sec reduce build time titan cards.

Although yes I was being sarcastic. However if Halo 5 doesn't have Parkour in it I'm not buying it.

Wow, Just played a game with them. Felt overpowered as hell

Yeah, but unlike Halo 4, Titanfall
Is actually good

Call of Duty: Mechs is underwhelming, but I guess the thirst for a new FPS IP is blinding people. After about 2 days with the game, I'm bored out of my mind with it. As juices mentioned, the game doesn't seem to have any depth to it. Every game feels exactly the same, gunplay is meh, and getting kills really isn't satisfying. Wall running is the only good thing to come out of TitanFall.

I've already gone back to Killer Instinct.

1. No ranking system
2. Doesn't seem to have any system to getting 'quality' MM games. So you just pubstomp bad kids forever. I've lost two matches so far and it was solely because the other 4 players on our team did terrible. With a solid 6 I wouldn't have lost a game yet out of ~30.
3. Unlock system seems a little simple and unnecessary, People are probably going to hit max and unlock everything relatively quickly if you can hit 14 in 2 hours.
4. No spectator mode, no theater, no forge. Means its probably not going to go far competitively
5. No campaign

I'm worrying about this game IMO. Hopefully they release TONS of DLC maps and additional weapons/titans. Cause without new content I see it getting old real fast.
I am surprised it's full price, but I imagine the unlock system was accelerated for this beta. Also it does TrueSkill, I think, just in the background. Maybe not in the beta.

I am surprised it's full price, but I imagine the unlock system was accelerated for this beta. Also it does TrueSkill, I think, just in the background. Maybe not in the beta.

Okay that's good to hear. I didn't look into it I just kinda assumed it didn't cause of my win rate but that might just be a beta/influx of new players issue. However I don't appreciate hidden trueskill, how can I really know if I'm getting better or worse if I can't see what level players I'm playing?

One random thing, I'n not a fan of that traceline from the weapon name TO the weapon visually oftentimes for some reason I feel like I'm being sniped and those are snipelines and I freak out, its like an old habit possibly. I just don't feel like that weird line is necessary in any way.

Akai__

I still don't understand the game completely, but I have fun.

BKhgKlT.png

ElRenoRaven

Yea if it's like the alpha and judging by everything I've seen it is pretty much the alpha but a newer build then yea the unlocks are accelerated and there are more then whats in the beta.

ElRenoRaven

Not only the stats. The whole UI is looking great.

Yea. You can tell they didn't forget everything they learned from Halo 2. Everything is just amazing UI wise. Easy access to everything. Mute with the touch of a button. Everything simple and straight forward.

Homeboyd

Call of Duty: Mechs is underwhelming, but I guess the thirst for a new FPS IP is blinding people. After about 2 days with the game, I'm bored out of my mind with it. As juices mentioned, the game doesn't seem to have any depth to it. Every game feels exactly the same, gunplay is meh, and getting kills really isn't satisfying. Wall running is the only good thing to come out of TitanFall.

I've already gone back to Killer Instinct.
This is exactly what I was afraid of... And what usually happens to me for games halogaf gets me hyped for. I've learned. Remember that snowboard game and that bike trick/stunt game? Yeah, they don't either! Bigshow said it yesterday, the comments for Titanfall are almost identical to those who got to play H4 early, and most of those guys were the first to bail on H4 after it realeased. I'll try TF via beta, but no way I see it entertaining me for more than a few matches.

Just want Halo. That's it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

1. No ranking system
5. No campaign

This is my concern with Titanfall as well. The game looks fun, but there's not much variety. How long will it stay interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom