• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Hey You

Has anybody been keeping track of Population numbers, most specifically BTB?

I think it's about time Playlists start requiring DLC, namely Big Team Battle and maybe Living Dead.

More choices for BTB maps (Highlands,Breakpoint,Tempest,Headlong,Hang Em High,Ridgeline).

Don't just "crack up the algorithm", make playlists require DLC. You'll probably get some more sales from the DLC.

CyReN

Let me know which one you don't print and I'll see if I can get it. Not sure how to bring it on a plane without folding it though :/

I can get it printed up for you if you want, going to Kinkos tomorrow, I got the back board for free from my gf work and got a exacto knife. They run about $13-15 a piece.

So far I got:
  • Master Cheif (mine)
  • Walshy (Cursed Lemon)
  • Status Quo Logo (Heuer)
  • Instinct Logo (Hylian)
I'll probably be doing Halogaf. Here's the Frankie one, was thinking of ps it to "Hope" like Obama since we have a lot of it.

Also does anyone have the Halogaf logo? I have to use the one from the tshirt and recolored it to give it minimal blur (from the small size). This is what I got.

Ramirez

Halo 2 BTB was constant yellow/red bars, filled with just as many quitters as 3 & Reach. I LOVE the rose tinted glasses when it comes to 2's MM experience, lol. Halo 2 was unplayable for probably a good year or so due to stand by and cheaters.

Risen

Halo 2 BTB was constant yellow/red bars, filled with just as many quitters as 3 & Reach. I LOVE the rose tinted glasses when it comes to 2's MM experience, lol. Halo 2 was unplayable for probably a good year or so due to stand by and cheaters.

Customs

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol some kid who sent me this absolutely hilarious hate message a month ago just matched with me. Host was shitty, so I didn't call out or play hard at all. Anyway we got beat up and I went real negative. This whole game this kid is just bitching and blah blah blah, but nothing personalized towards me. Then the game ends and he goes, "no wonder you were a 49 and a 5 star general in MLG, in Halo 3" I'm like, wow is he really talking about me? "and he goes, "yea, NY state of mind. and he just keeps making fart noises" I tell him how he's a herb for remembering me for all these years and remembering what level I was and all this shit. lol so funny. So anyway, this was supposed to be a little project Duncan and I were going to work on and now I'm deciding to just release the original clip. So let's get this thing thousands of views. I want this kid to be embarrassed. This is the original message he sent me a few months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppdPv86HPI

That's what I remember as well. From what I remember, Halo 2's BTB was unplayable half the time. Whether or not Halo 3's BTB had inferior maps/gametypes, at least I could play it.

kylej

Banned
Ninja needs a better team. Kinda reminds me of vintage Snipedown. Kid just wants to wape all day and needs a team that can focus and build around him going off.

That's what I remember as well. From what I remember, Halo 2's BTB was unplayable half the time. Whether or not Halo 3's BTB had inferior maps/gametypes, at least I could play it.

I remember most of my games on coagulation bieng terribly laggy, but still had fun on gulch wars

Lol some kid who sent me this absolutely hilarious hate message a month ago just matched with me. Host was shitty, so I didn't call out or play hard at all. Anyway we got beat up and I went real negative. This whole game this kid is just bitching and blah blah blah, but nothing personalized towards me. Then the game ends and he goes, "no wonder you were a 49 and a 5 star general in MLG, in Halo 3" I'm like, wow is he really talking about me? "and he goes, "yea, NY state of mind. and he just keeps making fart noises" I tell him how he's a herb for remembering me for all these years and remembering what level I was and all this shit. lol so funny. So anyway, this was supposed to be a little project Duncan and I were going to work on and now I'm deciding to just release the original clip. So let's get this thing thousands of views. I want this kid to be embarrassed. This is the original message he sent me a few months ago.

Hahaha what a loser.
Spank his ass at Columbus.
Love the gamer picture.

Fuchsdh

I think it's about time Playlists start requiring DLC, namely Big Team Battle and maybe Living Dead.

More choices for BTB maps (Highlands,Breakpoint,Tempest,Headlong,Hang Em High,Ridgeline).

Don't just "crack up the algorithm", make playlists require DLC. You'll probably get some more sales from the DLC.

Since they aren't going to be making more DLC, they should bundle Noble/Defiant together and sell it discounted, then later on lump CEA together with the DLC and sell that. It's annoying that DLC remains full-price even after the games can be bought new (or used) at substantial discounts.

Then, sure, if you're selling DLC for less than $10, require it and provide a handy link to where they can find it.

Thermite

FUCKING FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD FUCKING KID FUCKING PUNCHED FUCKING

I lol'd.

hahaha

I always reply to messages like that by playing Jerry Seinfeld stand-up through my mic. I dunno why

kylej

Banned
kid uses an "x" in the place of a vowel in his gamertag. Can you ride pro d harder? That's 2012's scarlet letter of gamertag retardation.

Gary Whitta went to(or is still at) a Lego Convention and tweeted this picture:
VWhUW.jpg

And now back continue talking about playlists.

Striker

I never specified gametypes and maps into the discussion. I was knocking how terribly unbalanced unranked BTB was. Eat a snack, relax.

That's an issue with networking, not the playlist.

Havok

BTB hovers around 8k on a good night, usually doesn't drop below 5k. It's surprisingly popular, and I don't really think that the guest population is that high...it's just that even a few of them in a game can shift the balance pretty dramatically. Matching guest parties only with other guest parties or singles in matchmaking would go a long way towards alleviating some of the pain that they cause. With a population as high as BTB, there's no excuse for Trueskill to be fucking up as badly as it does, but it really kills the fun that could be had in that playlist.

But even beyond that, the thing that most affects the match quality in BTB is map quality. Of course nobody is going to have fun playing on Forge World Map #325, but Ridgeline can be very enjoyable despite the skill issues. Nail the quality of the gametypes and maps in the playlist, and I think a lot of other issues follow. Ranked Halo 2 BTB, where all players in a game were within 5 levels of each other, 2 Flag on Waterworks was a sublime experience that has yet to be surpassed in my book (granted, I played as a team of 8 through 90% of Halo 2's life). That's not to say that I think it needs to be a ranked playlist, but skill matching is important.

Gating that playlist with DLC restrictions is only going to harm the population of the playlist and thus the match times and skill matching. The time of requiring DLC should be over now that they have the ability to crank up DLC affinity or have the user specify 'only DLC matches' if possible. It's archaic and doesn't really help anyone in the long run.

I got to 45 in RBTB in Halo 3. Couldn't get any higher because we couldn't find any games in the high 40s.

wegotrobbed.gif

Ahh yes I remember the 48 I had then it became groups of pink players meaning they all wanted a tie to win. Then everyone would try winning at the end to screw everyone else. Good times. Really stupid when you get msgs telling you you suck because you played normal cause everyone else wanted to boost to 50. Such a dumb playlist that came around way too often.

Funny thing is Reach's BTB was DLC required for a few mins last update, did anyone remember how were the numbers?

Or stop playing Halo.

People may only play a certain playlist, that's the only reason they play Halo.

Population numbers aren't gonna jump by thousands if certain playlists are removed.

Yea no matter what they say they aren't going to quit Halo because you remove a playlist they like, temporarily mind you. They will still be able to play it occasionally but they have to play normal Halo more.

I mean regardless of whether you think its right or wrong the fact remains Reach lost Halo players. Its lower down the list than Halo has ever been. To gain population you need a steady strong foundation solid playlists and rotating weeklies that bring even more players back to Halo.

FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING PUSSY.

Internet is serious business.

Ahh yes I remember the 48 I had then it became groups of pink players meaning they all wanted a tie to win. Then everyone would try winning at the end to screw everyone else. Good times. Really stupid when you get msgs telling you you suck because you played normal cause everyone else wanted to boost to 50. Such a dumb playlist that came around way too often.

I remember this shit happening in Legendary Brawl lol, worst thing is, every time you saw everyone go pink you knew someone was going to screw everyone over. I actually think I would have got a 50 in it if people just played legit.

Tunavi

Banned
Proof? I don't buy it, he gets too salty when people say certain things to him.
His twitter, which is now blocked again, had a tweet last year that said something like I always try to troll my hardest when I'm new to a forum. He really hasn't changed since then, so I assume he's still trolling.

Tunavi

Banned
mehhhhh its not really that funny tashi. Seems like a normal hate message to me. No offense though.

And I didn't really dig Nas very much, sorry man haha

Ryaaan14

Banned
I haven't even listened to it due to being at work. Is this something awesome enough to suffer through work for 6 more hours looking forward to?

Tashi

mehhhhh its not really that funny tashi. Seems like a normal hate message to me. No offense though.

And I didn't really dig Nas very much, sorry man haha

What?! I've never gotten one that good before lol

Sorry you didn't like Nas. Not a hip hop fan? I would have died to see that concert.

Tunavi

Banned
What?! I've never gotten one that good before lol

Sorry you didn't like Nas. Not a hip hop fan? I would have died to see that concert.
Not really, I can appreciate some good hip-hop if there's a great backing band, but the whole DJ thing doesn't do it for me live. Saw NY State of mind, couldn't record it for you cause my phone was dead

Tashi

Not really, I can appreciate some good hip-hop if there's a great backing band, but the whole DJ thing doesn't do it for me live. Saw NY State of mind, couldn't record it for you cause my phone was dead

I was joking about that.
Not really, you let me down. I'm sad

Ignoring me works too, Tashi. Fuck it, we're over. Bye.

High maintenance much? :p

He just tells me that if he sees me he's going to kick my ass. And that I should change my gamertag. Then he said fuck about 40 times, called me a pussy and blah blah blah lol

edit: Ghal, I was going to make a hilarious video out of it like I did with the first Haters gonna hate video. I was making plans with Duncan and things just never panned out for whatever reason. Then, I matched up with him today where he talked more shit. So I said fuck it, release the hounds! lol

I remember this shit happening in Legendary Brawl lol, worst thing is, every time you saw everyone go pink you knew someone was going to screw everyone over. I actually think I would have got a 50 in it if people just played legit.

Ahh yea thats the playlist I was talking about, like a weekly but it came around a ton of times. I don't even remember RBTB...

Top Bottom