• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Overdoziz

Banned
I think were still on a different page here.
I read it more as her criticizing Halo 3 objective gametypes, compared to other Halos.

Reading GAF gives me the impression that there is very little anyone here actually agrees on, so when someone says GAF thinks a certain way I think it's kinda ridiculous.
If were talking MM issues and shitty teammates, I totally agree. I don't think any of the Halo games have done a particularly great job of matchmaking for objective.

Also, WTF? Black screened in Reach 1 bomb assault caused us to play the same side twice in a row.
I think everyone can agree that trueskill is shit.

Why do you go in alone? Seriously? You only have one vote out of eight when you could have four. Your chances of playing Snipers would decrease so much...

No wonder you get so mad, you bring it upon yourself. I'm not saying team snipers should be in Anniversary or that truskill works but wow lol, what dreadful things can happen when you go solo.

Overdoziz

Banned
Why do you go in alone? Seriously? You only have one vote out of eight when you could have four. Your chances of playing Snipers would decrease so much...

No wonder you get so mad, you bring it upon yourself. I'm not saying team snipers should be in Anniversary or that truskill works but wow lol, what dreadful things can happen when you go solo.
You're acting like your experience should be terrible if you go play solo.

I have a limited number of people on my friend's list. Most of HaloGAF is midwest or later in timezone. I play at night alone, sometimes I have fun, sometimes I run into that. I'm happy for you if every time you play there are people to play with but I don't always have that option. I win most of my games but matchmaking is still a laughable affair. I play Classic because it's sans AAs. I wasn't even mad that game, just disappointed. You about done being a total ass too?

chaosz3ro

Neo Member
I have a limited number of people on my friend's list. Most of HaloGAF is midwest or later in timezone. I play at night alone, sometimes I have fun, sometimes I run into that. I'm happy for you if every time you play there are people to play with but I don't always have that option. I win most of my games but matchmaking is still a laughable affair. I play Classic because it's sans AAs. I wasn't even mad that game, just disappointed. You about done being a total ass too?

hey maybe if you opened your party once in a while you wouldn't have to play alone

Havok

I think it's not perfect for slayer, but I don't know if there are any better methods out there.
A method that doesn't regularly match players who have literally never played a game of Reach before with players who have played thousands would be a good start.

A matchmaking system that, in a hardcore playlist, decides that this is a good skill match is broken.

No. I'm saying it IS shit when you go solo. It shouldn't be, but sadly it is if you are as competitive as you are. You're putting the maps/gametypes you want into the hands of randoms who'll only pick what they want. Group block voting certainly culls out some of the turrible modes.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Whenever I get in horrible matches when I'm by myself, I usually just decide to go into Double Team. Even if my teammate is terrible, I can carry us most of the time.

chaosz3ro

Neo Member
Whenever I get in horrible matches when I'm by myself, I usually just decide to go into Double Team. Even if my teammate is terrible, I can carry us most of the time.

I don't think I've ran into anyone decent in doubles more than once or twice

For whatever reason, it seems like the worst people in the world play doubles

Edit: Just checked my record and it seems to be more than once or twice.

I guess it's more recently that all the awful people play doubles.

Hire Devokleon.
Don't tell me Black and White gave Eevee another damn evolution.

On-topic (sort of): work's been keeping me busy all week, but does anyone want to try and help me knock out the CEA Library 30 minutes or less achievable and/or the not dying one sometime this Tuesday? That's all I need and I'll have 1000/1000, so in return I can get you terminals, skulls, etc.

I almost had a heartattack watching that game.

Now watching Walshy get shit on is just sad, such a great warrior once upon a time, just shitty and old now.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So I'm unwrapping a reese's peanut butter cup and as I'm tossing the wrapper aside, it just hovers a couple inches and latches itself onto the side of my water bottle and it won't come off. I swear there's a ghost in my room who did that.

FyreWulff

I've never seen this lobby error before. What in the

PUteE.jpg

Computron

Even if it is set to friends only or open, 90% of the time I send a message simply saying "inv".

Ask for an inv next time. It's always invite only on default so nubcakes I got on my list don't just hop into my shit.

Seems to me like this is the exact situation for which Beacons were invented. Put this in the beacon's description.

I usually don't hop into someones game or bother someone if they got invite only because it seems like they would rather play alone.

Seems to me like this is the exact situation for which Beacons were invented. Put this in the beacon's description.

I usually don't hop into someones game or bother someone if they got invite only because it seems like they would rather play alone.

Uh last night I played there were a total of 4 people on, none of which were Halo players.

FyreWulff

Looks like they had a system to lock people out of playlists based on cR ranks. Bizarre!

Maybe like a reverse version of Halo 3's Basic Training.

Yeah, I guess I freaked out the Reach servers somehow. Interesting if Reach actually has the ability to rank lock playlists. It also only showed up in Campaign Co-Op, and my wireless has been total poop today, so it might also be "Network Grade" too. I was the only one in the lobby when I took that pic.

Computron

Uh last night I played there were a total of 4 people on, none of which were Halo players.

OK, well if no one is online in Halo, why worry that some "nubcakes I got on my list [wont] just hop into my shit." That seems like what someone would set as their beacon.

I was looking for people yesterday, but didn't wanna bother you since you we're in invite only.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Overdoziz

Banned
FFA is like a 'who can killsteal the most' contest. So boring. Show me 4v4s dammit.

OK, well if no one is online in Halo, why worry that some "nubcakes I got on my list [wont] just hop into my shit." That seems like what someone would set as their beacon.

I was looking for people yesterday, but didn't wanna bother you since you we're in invite only.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I ignore all beacons, most of them are set months ago anyway.

GhaleonEB

Yeah, I guess I freaked out the Reach servers somehow. Interesting if Reach actually has the ability to rank lock playlists. It also only showed up in Campaign Co-Op, and my wireless has been total poop today, so it might also be "Network Grade" too. I was the only one in the lobby when I took that pic.

Isn't there a playlist that's only available to new players? Training or something.

Havok

It probably was your network grade, those ratings in the menu aren't there for nothing.

Maybe, but they call those network 'ratings' in the menu, while 'rank' is used in the armory/service-record.
It might be the network thing, but the only thing that Bungie has directly referred to as 'Grades' that I can tell are the credit ranks: "As you earn Credits (cR) in Halo: Reach, you'll be awarded with shiny new Grade designations."

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Maybe they are testing out a playlist only the true, dedicated Reach fans can play (determined by playtime), the "Nutter Slayer" playlist.

Computron

In his defense, while I don't think is should be shitty if you are alone, you take what you can get.

Has any game done better or are there any proposed/tested methods to better matchmake objective players? I would love to hear them.

Maybe they are testing out a playlist only the true, dedicated Reach fans can play (determined by playtime), the "Nutter Slayer" playlist.

"for those that walk the path of 'The Great Journey'" lol

Halo 4 can't come soon enough.

Computron

True skill works in Arena, I have to believe that whatever makes it work there isn't turned on in the other playlists. :p

I kinda agree about Arena, and one can only wonder how much more accurate it would be if more people played it.

Well it doesn't. Population sizes are too small. Matching is too quick. Reach sux.

Just too be clear, are you talking about Trueskill for Objective? Bungie seems to disagree since they never put objective into arena.

Just too be clear, are you talking about Trueskill for Objective? Bungie seems to disagree since they never put objective into arena.

Trueskill in everything I play. I either shit on kids or get shat on. Competitive games are so few and far between. Happens with full parties too.

Top Bottom