• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I really feel bad for those people who have so few achievements in their life that they get worked up when they can't brag about one earned 3 years ago. :/

Especially a virtual one. On a 6 year old game.
That is like someone getting pissed over their COD4 prestige being reset..

heckfu

Banned
I really feel bad for those people who have so few achievements in their life that they get worked up when they can't brag about one earned 3 years ago. :/

I WORKED HARD FOR THAT PRESTIGE, OK?

i am having a love affair with this ice cream sandwich

Thats slightly different, in that case they would be losing something, which puts the recon thing into perspective, people aren't even losing anything lol.

Isn't that the truth!

hopefully, 'he' doesn't actually clink on that, otherwise I'll get earful, possibly.

I have yet to see a better post. I played Reach a bit this week, reminded me why I generally dont touch it. Sword/ Shotgun and Sprint against 5 shot DMR with bloom has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. It seems like people have adapted, and adaption just means abusing the cheapest easiest stuff to get kills.

TheOddOne

I have yet to see a better post. I played Reach a bit this week, reminded me why I generally dont touch it. Sword/ Shotgun and Sprint against 5 shot DMR with bloom has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen. It seems like people have adapted, and adaption just means abusing the cheapest easiest stuff to get kills.
Aka hog all the power weapons and abuse armour lock/jetpack.

Fuchsdh

Eh, looks like I didn't have to rush to get the Recon, but mostly I just wanted that banner gone on my Bungie.net profile and the 100% completions for the Halo games.

I never liked Recon aesthetically that much (Mk V for life) but it's definitely better than the default MkV helmet and half the options in Reach. They added more armor that tends to just be unnecessary or uglier--and then they messed up the Mk. V helmet to boot. Sigh.

I could rant about the odd visual design choices Reach made, but they're done. I just hope Microsoft actually goes back to the H3 Banshee design so it doesn't look so ridiculous flying through the air.

You just described Bobs!

You know what, seriously, on pretty much all Halo games I would rather use precision weapons to Rockets/ Swords/ Shotguns/ Whatever. I just dont find those things as fun as straight up out Br'ing someone.

Jetpack is a thing of beauty though I love flying around. That said I hope that thing gets deleted and never ever comes back in a Halo game. :p

Eh, looks like I didn't have to rush to get the Recon, but mostly I just wanted that banner gone on my Bungie.net profile and the 100% completions for the Halo games.

I never liked Recon aesthetically that much (Mk V for life) but it's definitely better than the default MkV helmet and half the options in Reach. They added more armor that tends to just be unnecessary or uglier--and then they messed up the Mk. V helmet to boot. Sigh.

I could rant about the odd visual design choices Reach made, but they're done. I just hope Microsoft actually goes back to the H3 Banshee design so it doesn't look so ridiculous flying through the air.

It is just a minor nitpick, but I never understood why the Banshee design changed.

Fuchsdh

It is just a minor nitpick, but I never understood why the Banshee design changed.

I think that's the issue with a lot of Reach to me. Yeah, there's a bunch of small changes that didn't affect core gameplay much (aside from recoloring the Elites), but I didn't see *why* they changed it, aside from a bunch of new designers or artists wanting to stamp their own look on something rather than using the tried-and-true. The same thing happened to a degree with Combat Evolved Anniversary, but considering they were using Reach as a template they actually did a better jump staying faithful than Bungie did.

FyreWulff

It was noted in pre-release media that originally they were going to re-use assets like vehicles from Halo 3. But the Reach engine had jumped out so far in front of 3 that they ended up having to rework anyway.

edit: here it is

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=24541

To save time in production the original plan for the team was to carry over the existing assets from Halo 3 and add a few new polygons here and there and rework some textures to bring them up to the Reach bar. That didn't last long. As Scott explains, "the more we started looking into this, the more we found that realistically we could rebuild each asset from scratch with a huge increase in quality without significantly investing more time."

As new technical systems came online, the Bungie 3D Art team began to rebuild these timeless assets with impressive results.

"In some cases we were able to quadruple the budgets of the original Halo 3 assets, really creating an aesthetic that fits perfectly in the Halo Universe but is 100% unique to Reach and and clearly demonstrates what Bungie is capable of," says Scott.

There is also the Space Banshee, which you never really see up close unless you theater it. Reach's banshees changes are mostly the wing designs. Even Reach has separate wing designs within the game. Maybe they were going for the Covenant having multiple Banshee variants available?

622px-Flying_BANSHEE_IN_SPACE_OMG%21.png

Overdoziz

Banned
Fyrewulff, maybe you should spend about a minute longer making your posts because you always end up editing them right after you make them. ;)

Fuchsdh

Yeah, so they *could* rebuild and redesign them, but they didn't have to make big changes in doing a higher-quality version.

The Space Banshee makes sense. Endless weapon variants/styles of weapons we only see in the span of a few months, etc. makes less sense.

FyreWulff

Yeah, so they *could* rebuild and redesign them, but they didn't have to make big changes in doing a higher-quality version.

The Space Banshee makes sense. Endless weapon variants/styles of weapons we only see in the span of a few months, etc. makes less sense.

Who knew the Forward Unto Dawn had an entire retooling facility for every BR on it right on the ship?

Fuchsdh

I do that too.

It is a very bad habit.

There's something special about reading your words once committed that simply previewing does not do justice. That GAF has a good editing mechanic (and most forums still don't) is pretty amazing considering it's 2012.

Who knew the Forward Unto Dawn had an entire retooling facility for every BR on it right on the ship?

I mentioned this on the FuD forums, but I really, *really* hope that we got even just a mission with a few H3 legacy guns--they can act identical, just skin them differently--and then when the UNSC shows up we get the upgraded goodies. That would be such a fantastic nod to canonical iteration we've never gotten in a single other Halo game. Hell, throw some M6Cs behind a fence in some equip locker we can't reach, just to show they still exist.

I got my internet back, thanks you M$ for your abusively priced wi-fi adapter! SHIT! eat my dick seriously!

Edit: my NAT is open now, W00T!

Gazzawa

its the circle of life.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And wtf plywood, Game of Thrones starts in a week and you change your avatar???? For shame.
The dragon will return home when it is time.

Til' then, the arm murderer and current Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will be in her stead:

6806812250_e811e096097ijp7.jpg

Fuchsdh

Probably not, but it's prolly worth getting one now or soon anyhow. They're pretty cheap too if you aren't worried about getting an MS-approved HDD.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The dragon will return home when it is time.

Til' then, the arm murderer and current Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will be in her stead:

6806812250_e811e096097ijp7.jpg
Then get a better pic of her. Your avatar does not represent the splendor that is this warrior woman.

Top Bottom