• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fracas

#fuckonami
who was the moron that decided that 8 bullets was good enough for the pistol?

Lol am I the only member of the Pistol Defense Force? my only problem with the pistol is its bloom needs to be toned down a bit.

Also, anyone want to get a Reach group going tonight? I should be getting on at some point.

The Grenade Launcher is the 3rd best weapon to come out of Halo, behind the pistol and the Battle Rifle. Definitely the best "power" style weapon.

The problem with Sword Base is that the fighting gets focused on high bridge and the hallway outside gold lift. It's awful:

s

The high ground is where all the action happens and if you spawn on the ground floor you're not going to have a fun time moving upward.

Going up gold lift is suicide.
Going up purple lift is unreliable and exposed.
Going up red lift requires a hike through the exposed floor and into Grenade Trap Hall.
Walking up the ramps takes half the game.

Shit makes me want to revist my Glaive variant. I really think it gives Sword Base the flow it never had.

-------
can I still submit a clip for the montage? "collateral" in my file share. needs some rendering love though

Got it. (You didn't have to render it, I have a capture card. :p)

You're tearing me apart Lisa.

Such an awful awesome movie.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dat heatmap...

edit: I should mention, for anyone who hasn't put in a clip yet and needs one, go play a match of multi team. Get King of the Hill, throw grenades into hill+AR mop up=instant killtacular.

Kuroyume

Banned
Swordbase is a really good map. No one has been able to give any legitmately good criticisms as to why it's not good. It's one of those things where a few people make a lot of noise and then other people pick it up without thinking about it and then just add their voices to all the noise. It's like how some people now think that Valhalla is a good map.

The lift will attract people but many maps look similiar to that. Avalnche's middle. The lifts on Construct... Hell, people hardly played on the first two levels of that map. Everyone wanted to be on top. There's also the underground section on Snowbound, etc...

Hyper, you are wonderful. I was just about to shut off my computer and start a 4.5 hour drive. Now I have a Sparkast to listen to 9 times during the drive.

I guess lybertyboy and co. get some of the credit too. But mostly Hyper.

San Francisco build is from an internal test, was 3 weeks old when they had shown it. Apparently they're all '50's over at 343. :p

Wraparound, nothing like narrows, cracks in floor you can drop through to get away. Basic design is a big circle in the centre with a cross running through it, and it's a two level map
Man cannons on the level fire you into the centre. However, the line of sight into the centre is broken up by pylons, not a total killing field in the centre than.

Warhouse, a facility vessel, travelling through a crazy atmosphere. Man cannons feature on the outskirts of the map. One side of the map is a star field, one side of the map is filled with clouds, can be used to orient people.

The AR is 'kind of' beefy, (followed by sinister laughs), sounds amazing. Covenant weapons sound really good, Ellis was afraid of holding one because it sounded as if it would explode in his hand.

Special guests were shown significantly more at a recent visit. One particular level referred to as 7, specifically the opening of that level, really impressed Ellis.

They used H4 tech to create a freaky 'man-cortana'. Not many sleeps till new info, again, they repeat campaign was shown, but it was not only the thing shown to the guests. Clarified what they meant by story in multiplayer to the guests as well.

The DMR and The BR is in! 

San Francisco build is from an internal test, was 3 weeks old when they had shown it. Apparently they're all '50's over at 343. :p
I took a bit of simple pleasure of the H2 and H3 ranking system being mentioned, even if that means nothing about the system in the game, at least the awful Reach Arena system seems to be forgotten.

Wraparound, nothing like narrows, cracks in floor you can drop through to get away. Basic design is a big circle in the centre with a cross running through it, and it's a two level map
Man cannons on the level fire you into the centre. However, there line of sight into the centre is broken up by pylons, not a total killing field in the centre than.

I can only hear Jun talking about pylons when I hear that!

Warhouse, a facility vessel, travelling through a crazy atmosphere. Man cannons feature on the outskirts of the map. One side of the map is a star field, one side of the map is filled with clouds, can be used to orient people.
The AR is 'kind of' beefy, (followed by sinister laughs), sounds amazing. Covenant weapons sound really good, Ellis was afraid of holding one because it sounded as if it would explode in his hand.

:(

Special guests were shown significantly more at a recent visit. One particular level referred to as 7, specifically the opening of that level, really impressed Ellis.
They used H4 tech to create a freaky 'man-cortana'. Not many sleeps till new info, again, they repeat campaign was shown, but it was not only the only thing shown to the guests. Clarified what they meant by story in multiplayer.

I really should just listen to the podcast myself already. :p

Man cannons on the level fire you into the centre. However, the line of sight into the centre is broken up by pylons, not a total killing field in the centre than.

They used H4 tech to create a freaky 'man-cortana'. Not many sleeps till new info, again, they repeat campaign was shown, but it was not only the only thing shown to the guests. Clarified what they meant by story in multiplayer to the guest as well.

They also said that bubble shield is gone, if anyone cares.

FyreWulff

It seems to have gone up already:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=32064

I cant wait to see the cool stats stuff later on, whenever that gets posted.

EDIT: So far ive spotted one of your questions, answer is fairly vague though.

Yeah, they only answered one, but they did answer it (Achronos spearheaded and wrote up the stats API stuff). So I'm happy.

I imagine they're waiting until their stats are frozen before running queries against it.

Top Bottom