• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Homeboyd

The caption pictures at the end every week are so dumb.

Well, then, let's do our own!

oh-god.jpg

Winner
doesn't
get(s) a prize.

Search is aggressive depending on side and map. Rounds are only 2.5 minutes. On defense it's usually rush hard for first 4 seconds of game and then slow way way down unless someone on offense is killed, then they may flank. On offense, it's dependent on the map. On maps like Mission, the round will be over quickly. On maps like Arkaden, not so much. Still - offense will usually be the fast team if there is one. Some maps force a very controlled move up to plant, others force very fast plants.

I have to say... it's not much fun to watch, but playing high level teams (first page GB teams) with competitive settings is a blast. I'm a very fast player... and Search is my favorite of the game types to actually play, precisely because it is a mix of fast and very controlled team work. And those 1 v 4 moments are crazy fun when clutched... that pressure knowing your whole team is watching from your perspective can't be beat if you like competition.

Who exactly are the Prometheans? Are they in the books anywhere? I've read most of them, maybe all except Glasslands and don't remember a reference, but I've seen references online to them being a "warrior class" of Forerunners.
Read Halo: Cryptum and Halo: Primordium.

Risen

Not sure, guessing Friday?? Maybe tomorrow??

It definitely will be streamed. But check out the teams.

Instinct - Status Quo - Dynasty

Gonna be fuckin insane.

Gonna be gud... I tried to watch some of the Str8 LAN, never got to see Active Rush and Defiance against Str8 caused me to sleep.

Well, then, let's do our own!

oh-god.jpg

Winner
doesn't
get(s) a prize.

Tashi finding his long lost Overkill love

Read Halo: Cryptum and Halo: Primordium.

Thank you sir... will check them out. Not sure how I missed...

Ramirez

Apparently I don't read the thread either, because I coulda swore Dani's comment about it having an audience was a quote of my HH comment, weird.

OK, I've been having way, way too much fun in Halo Anniversary, both solo hardcore and legendary co-op. I think the main reason may be that I never played the original co-op splitscreen, so playing an old classic with a buddy just brings out how well the game was designed for two spartans using teamwork. Its so damn good I haven't even tried the firefight maps yet, which for me is pretty nuts.

So... when are we getting the Halo 2 remake? My Halo cohort has followed me into the legendary fire with every game out there now except for Halo Wars and Halo 2. We started at Halo 3 and have been working our way through everything since - only he's still missing a good chunk of the mythos and gameplay only found in Halo 2.

Pretty please 343? You could release it between Halo 4 and 5.

Thanks. I knew you'd understand :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hell no, do not diss Betty White. She is awesome.

Exhibit A - She says awesome things like:
OzIN7.jpg

Exhibit B - She's a Jedi:
WuBG2l.jpg

What will happen once Bungie stops supporting live halo data?

Do we know when can we expect a site update?

Waypoint is so damn messy, I'm getting tired of deleting cookies now and then :(

kylej

Banned
lmao someone really claiming Republicans are the small government/lower taxes party. so good. shit out part of my colon reading that gem.

Did Franklin & Co. ever explain what those armor ability perk things are in Halo 4? Still scared over that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lmao someone really claiming Republicans are the small government/lower taxes party. so good. shit out part of my colon reading that gem.

Did Franklin & Co. ever explain what those armor ability perk things are in Halo 4? Still scared over that.
I don't think so. We would be arguing violently right now.

FyreWulff

What will happen once Bungie stops supporting live halo data?

Do we know when can we expect a site update?

Waypoint is so damn messy, I'm getting tired of deleting cookies now and then :(

Waypoint gets fileshares for Reach in "summer". No idea on 3/ODST shares. API will stop providing new data. You probably still have a 1 in 50 chance of a post going through on Waypoint.

For Bungie, I'd predict that in light of going multiplatform, we're going to see a site update that no longer requires Live ID to log into it with.

edit: speaking of which, Wu just posted that Crimson: Steam Pirates is now available for Chrome.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't think so. We would be arguing violently right now.

What bothers me most is that this issue has barely been addressed. All that was really said was that whatever this progression system is, it's not going to mimic Call of Duty, and that it's not based on "perks". For me at least, simple Halo is best Halo. On the bright side, the bit that Devo and Domino Theory saw didn't have AAs of any kind. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting.

Donat

Neo Member
Happy Birthday Cyren!

Is there anyone here who is willing to trade an Anniversary Map Pack code for one or two keys for Terraria on Steam? Unfortunately I don't have anything else to trade it for at the moment but having the map pack is not THAT important anyway.
Backstory: I gave mine away because I thought I would never touch Reach again but in the last few days I played a little with the Anniversary disk and had more fun than I expected. It would be nice to play the new maps in all the playlists.

Waypoint gets fileshares for Reach in "summer". No idea on 3/ODST shares. API will stop providing new data. You probably still have a 1 in 50 chance of a post going through on Waypoint.

For Bungie, I'd predict that in light of going multiplatform, we're going to see a site update that no longer requires Live ID to log into it with.

Bungie's making their own platform, i think that's pretty obvious. It'll probably be an aerospace login or something. It'll still probably use a lot of silverlight though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What bothers me most is that this issue has barely been addressed. All that was really said was that whatever this progression system is, it's not going to mimic Call of Duty, and that it's not based on "perks". For me at least, simple Halo is best Halo. On the bright side, the bit that Devo and Domino Theory saw didn't have AAs of any kind. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting.
I don't think it was intended for these things to come out. I think they wanted to wait to flesh it out all at once. Can't control everything though.

Does that mean we won't be able to share files for 2-3 months? wow

I guess this means 343 won't be updating new maps into matchmaking which also means no AS update for other 2-3 months.

BIG SAD FACE

Top Bottom