• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

FyreWulff

Oh, no. It has to be amazing this year. Nintendo has to bring THE GOODS.

There will be hype. There will be bans. There will be E3.

Thirteen sleeps

Nintendo could make the controller render in 3D 1080p and cure cancer, but they'd all give the conference a 2/10 if a Metroid game isn't announced

ElRenoRaven

Oh, no. It has to be amazing this year. Nintendo has to bring THE GOODS.

There will be hype. There will be bans. There will be E3.

Thirteen sleeps

Hell it's looking good for them this year. I know I'm excited as hell for E3 thanks to the rumors coming out pre E3. I'm honestly leaning toward Wii U as my next gen console right now.

Nintendo could make the controller render in 3D 1080p and cure cancer, but they'd all give the conference a 2/10 if a Metroid game isn't announced

Oh, I don't think they're THAT bad. I spend FAR too much time in the Wii-U thread, and they're all just genuinely excited to see their favorite franchises in HD. All Nintendo really has to do is showcase some good-looking Mario game or whatever Retro is working on, and they'll be happy.

There will be some crazy mothafuckers, no doubt, but that's E3 in general and that kinda goes for everybody. Just wait for the MS conference and all the Kinect bullshit they do.

Well, except for the fact that Lehto said they did it because he was tired of multiplayer's art being not up to the bar of the campaign art, so he thought maybe if they multi-purposed the spaces for campaign spots, they'd be able to have multiplayer look more coherent to the rest of the game by basically having the artists give more TLC to the multiplayer maps.

He also later said that this resulted in taking just as much time as the separate maps, so not really a gain for meeting launch, and whatever map Boneyard replaced was cut because it's campaign space went away, and Bungie has a new policy since Halo 3 of absolutely removing any references to cut spaces that they can, with the lone exception being Guardian because it was too far along.
Thank God they didn't cut Guardian :p

Rightfully so.

Oh, I don't think they're THAT bad. I spend FAR too much time in the Wii-U thread, and they're all just genuinely excited to see their favorite franchises in HD. All Nintendo really has to do is showcase some good-looking Mario game or whatever Retro is working on, and they'll be happy.

There will be some crazy mothafuckers, no doubt, but that's E3 in general and that kinda goes for everybody. Just wait for the MS conference and all the Kinect bullshit they do.

Retro is the shit, so whatever they are working on is the best part of Nintendo.

Honestly though, we know how the Nintendo conference is going to go: Horrible new controller, some awesome first party games, some awful spin-off first party games, no third party support, some outrageous statements like HD and online multiplayer gaming is a fad (oh wait, they finally realized they were wrong on that one), and come people on stage with poor communication skills.

So basically, you endure the shit for something like Retro showing their new game. Nintendo simply doesn't put on a good performance for their conference, even if they have good stuff to show.

I'm still sad that the Wii U screen isn't capacitive.

Oh wow, that's pretty disappointing.

PNut

Banned
For some reason all this new Bungie news/shit /court cases/leaks makes me even more hyped for 343 and Halo 4.... and what we will get to see soon.

Do feel bad for Bungie though. :(

OKC best team in the league. Bring it Duncan and Co.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Guys guy guys guys guys guys. Destiny info! Not much more than we already knew, but still, it's so nice to get some solid info.

Rightfully so.

Retro is the shit, so whatever they are working on is the best part of Nintendo.

Honestly though, we know how the Nintendo conference is going to go: Horrible new controller, some awesome first party games, some awful spin-off first party games, no third party support, some outrageous statements like HD and online multiplayer gaming is a fad (oh wait, they finally realized they were wrong on that one), and come people on stage with poor communication skills.

So basically, you endure the shit for something like Retro showing their new game. Nintendo simply doesn't put on a good performance for their conference, even if they have good stuff to show.

Reggie is far and away the best E3 presenter out there. He has a stage presence that commands attention. MS/Sony just have talking suits.

And I definitely disagree about bad performances. 2010 was a great showcase for them, as it gained a lot of positive attention and interest in the 3DS. More importantly, 2010 just had a flood of games. Games that could actually be good, like Skyward Sword and Kid Icarus Uprising and MOTHAFUCKIN' DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS. While MS/Sony were just getting on-board the motion control train, trying to play catch-up and having their own embarrassing, gif-worthy bullshit, Nintendo was the one actually giving us the things we came to these conferences for: new cool systems and announcing potentially awesome video games.

I think 2012 will be similar.

Reggie is far and away the best E3 presenter out there. He has a stage presence that commands attention. MS/Sony just have talking suits.

And I definitely disagree about bad performances. 2010 was a great showcase for them, as it gained a lot of positive attention and interest in the 3DS. More importantly, 2010 just had a flood of games. Games that could actually be good, like Skyward Sword and Kid Icarus Uprising and MOTHAFUCKIN' DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS. While MS/Sony were just getting on-board the motion control train, trying to play catch-up and having their own embarrassing, gif-worthy bullshit, Nintendo was the one actually giving us the things we came to these conferences for: new cool systems and announcing potentially awesome video games.

I think 2012 will be similar.

Reggie is good, but when he's not out there, it all falls apart in my opinion.

I don't know maybe part of it is Nintendo just has a large amount of products or facets of their products that just don't interest me. I am in no way interested in the Wii U. People are excited about it being HD, well everything has been in HD for the past 7-8 years. Yes, the motion controls of the Wii was pretty genius, and they were certainly there first, but they are so woefully behind in areas that I find more important (HD, online, third party games, among others), that I don't really take them seriously outside of wanting to play Zelda and Metroid.

iPhones have a capacitive screen, Nintendo DS has a resistive touchscreen (Wii U screen in resistive).

Basically, the Wii U screen requires a stylus for optimal use.

Yeah that's the easiest example to use I think. Modern smartphone and tablet screens are capacitive, and screens like the DS and 3DS are resistive.

Tawpgun

Probably lttp but I just checked out Waypoint and its new makeover. The UNSC logo intro, but more importantly, Halo 2 Menu Music ;_;

BPR is 90. Swag.

I've lost my Xbox Live Windows LIVE E-mail AGES ago. I can never sign into Waypoint

Feelsbadman.jpg

Speaking of feelsbadman.jpg, I think the left bumper on my red controller is dying :( It's been my baby ever since I got my red astros.

Do they still sell those neat lookin' chrome controllers? I might pick up one of those.

Or maybe I'll wait for the inevitable Halo 4 special edition.

-Settings
-Account
-Go right twice to 'Your Information', first one is Windows Live ID
-Hit A and it will tell you what email is used for your account

I guess I should have said I don't know the password to that account. I just made some shit up waaay back in '05. I was a dumb middle school kid, and I have the same account ever since :/

I guess I should have said I don't know the password to that account. I just made some shit up waaay back in '05. I was a dumb middle school kid, and I have the same account ever since :/

Oh, well in that case go to live.com to attempt to sign in and say forgot password, and they'll email you and you will be able to change it.

blamite

Try this link, if you can remember some details about your account you can get a new password sent to any email you want, instead of being limited to whatever backup email you have attached to your account.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, my 10 year old cousin is over playing campaign. It's all AR and melee with him.

blamite

Won't they send it to that e-mail? The E-mail I don't have a password to?

If you added a backup email to your Live account, it'll get sent to that. If you can't access that email, try the link I posted, and as long as you have enough information about your Live account to prove that it's yours, a new password will be sent to whatever email you choose.

Ken

Welcome to my life.

Won't they send it to that e-mail? The E-mail I don't have a password to?

They are going to ask you for a billion items of proof and no amount of proof will actually satisfy them.

blamite

They are going to ask you for a billion items of proof and no amount of proof will actually satisfy them.
Eh, it worked for me the last time I needed to use it, and all I entered was my last couple passwords and the credit card linked to my gamertag.

TheOddOne

So reading this:
destiny45gcr1.png

Activision could have terminated the contract with Bungie if Reach:
1) Didn't release in 2010;
2) Didn't fall in line with the contract obligations (other than the firm release date);
3) Didn’t get a metric score of at least 80 after one month of release;
4) If retail sales on basis of sell-in had not reached six million during 6 months after release.

Geez, I knew developer and publisher relationships where shady but this takes the cake.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So reading this:
destiny45gcr1.png

Activision could have terminated the contract with Bungie if Reach:
1) Didn't release in 2010;
2) Didn't fall in line with the contract obligations (other than the firm release date);
3) Didn’t get a metric score of at least 80 after one month of release;
4) If retail sales on basis of sell-in had not reached six million during 6 months after release.

Geez, I knew developer and publisher relationships where shady but this takes the cake.

I always imagined it would be something like that, but it's rather unsettling actually seeing it in print.

TheOddOne

I always imagined it would be something like that, but it's rather unsettling actually seeing it in print.
Makes me wonder how much this effected the game quality.

The release cycle for Destiny also seems like a death march. Good luck to Bungie, rooting for them that everything goes fine.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Makes me wonder how much this effected the games quality.

Not so much quality, but certainly the direction it took. However I didn't check how far into Reach's development this contract was made. They could have easily had all the shitty mass-market ideas in play before the pressure was put on.

Wow, that Bungie stuff is crazy. Sucks for them that all these details got out. And some of those things Destiny could and can get terminated for are just stupid.

Getting hyped for their game though. This stuff always happens when I go to sleep :p

Somehow missed the news about Bungie's new IP.

Really hoping Activision treats these guys right

edit: Also, happy birthday Gabotron!
I think I'm the youngest here, too. Turned 18 in January.

Nope son, I turned 18 the 23th of April :p

zap

I really feel bad for Bungie, sucks that they had everything spoiled for them like this. I means poiling stuff that's planned for 7 years from now? Ouch :(

Well, to be fair, I wouldn't exactly consider it leaked, as the contract was legally released because of the lawsuit. Sucks for them, perhaps, but I doubt they didn't know it was going to happen.

Top Bottom