• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Fracas

#fuckonami
uh

glJGc.png

why is the starting price $15.00?

No way. No way in hell.

Right? :(

My opinion is retail exclusive anything is cheesy as hell, but I never had a doubt in my mind 343 wasn't above doing that stuff.

Get dat money, get it.

Ramirez

1)Who didn't see this coming after Gears 3?
2)Who cares? It's pointless vanity customization.

Some where, Stalker is sobbing into his pillow.

It anti-consumer bullshit that is plaguing the industry because a conspiracy of sleezy and out of touch marketing people think rim-jobbing retailers with this kind of thing thing it's a good idea.

As a fan, I find it insulting.
Well said. To quote the late, brilliant Bill Hicks:

"By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising...kill yourself. Thank you. Just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I'm doing. No joke here, really. Seriously, kill yourself, you have no rationalization for what you do, you are Satan's little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Now, back to the show."

My opinion is retail exclusive anything is cheesy as hell, but I never had a doubt in my mind 343 wasn't above doing that stuff.

Get dat money, get it.

I doubt its 343, The way i think this stuff works is the publisher requests multiple skins from the devs for preorder content then microsoft peddle that content onto retailers for more money to exclusively deliver the content.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just gets negative in here quite often.

I lol'd at the power rangers thing though. Some really cool helmets in there!

Edit: Halo 4 will have more than 1 disc. I calls it here
Announcing exclusive pre-order content isn't gonna give us world peace that's for sure.

I don't have a problem with skins and stuff like that, but when they go and make all of the armor AND skins ugly as fuck it kind of pisses me off. All of these skin/armor pairs look like shit.

Now I have to choose where to pre-order to get the least ugly one. It's a pretty tough decision right now :/

I doubt its 343, The way i think this stuff works is the publisher requests multiple skins from the devs for preorder content then microsoft peddle that content onto retailers for more money to exclusively deliver the content.

Its true, but its like cause and symptoms...

343 needs to step up and say Fuck You. Regardless who's trying to make them do dumb crap. They need to man up.

RAM nm I'm back at Act III Nightmare.

Sai-kun

Banned
armor effect with rainbowsarmor effect with rainbowsarmor effect with rainbowsarmor effect with rainbowsarmor effect with rainbows

make it happen, franklez

At the end of the day there is only one dedicated gaming outlet in my city. Every other store is some multipurpose place that may or may not differ in knowing what all this gaming jargon stuff even is. So there isn't much choice for me as I'm kinda stuck with whatever. Sucks when GameStop is literally the only game retailer but that's the industry.

Its true, but its like cause and symptoms...

343 needs to step up and say Fuck You. Regardless who's trying to make them do dumb crap. They need to man up.
If you were relatively happy with your employer, and then your employer asked you to do some trivial task which you knew would benefit you and the company in only an incremental way at best, would you drop the F-bomb on that employer?

I would rather 343 give Microsoft what they want in terms of DLC cosmetics and retail exclusives and then use that good will to negotiate a better deal for Halo 4 players on things like map packs, Waypoint features, and special events (Halofest etc.).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
At the end of the day there is only one dedicated gaming outlet in my city. Every other store is some multipurpose place that may or may not differ in knowing what all this gaming jargon stuff even is. So there isn't much choice for me as I'm kinda stuck with whatever. Sucks when GameStop is literally the only game retailer but that's the industry.

online.

also, i feel for you. my nearest store to buy games is walmart and is 45 min away. otherwise, the next closest is an hour and a half! at least with walmart, i'll be able to get it at midnight. no pre-order bonus though.

online.

also, i feel for you. my nearest store to buy games is walmart and is 45 min away. otherwise, the next closest is an hour and a half!

Online sales of games as well as other factors are what resulted in the physical stores closing. They had questionable prices sometimes but could never compete with online retailers. I never really got into online buying. Laser cards are increasingly useless these days.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1)Who didn't see this coming after Gears 3?
2)Who cares? It's pointless vanity customization.

Some where, Stalker is sobbing into his pillow.
I care about pointless vanity customization since the game may not have ranks. I need something to fight for.

Online sales of games as well as other factors are what resulted in the physical stores closing. They had questionable prices sometimes but could never compete with online retailers. I never really got into online buying. Laser cards are increasingly useless these days.
Visa Debit bro. It's like a laser card but not unless online.

Lame that there are retailer exclusives. It's a good feeling knowing I'm not getting all the content for a game I buy on release.

Regarding the skins themselves, I don't really care that they exist. Some people may like them, and that's cool, but I'll probably just stick to the default if all the skins are as ugly as the ones we've seen today.

blamite

Holy shit, what is thisgoing on

That armor is sfucking hideous, all of it. None of it looks like it belongs in Halo.

More importantly, the fuck is up with these retailer exclusives? I'm almost okay with having them for one retailer, like Reach, where only Gamestop had a chestpiece. That way is was at least possible to have access to everything in the game. But this is just awful. It's literally impossible to have access to everything without getting your hands on a bunch of retailer specific codes somehow. I don't evn care whether or not it's for the ugliest armor I've ever seen, that's bullshit.

I can totally see them taking out Lockout because they used all their resources on Forge colors and Best-Buy pre-order skins.
Speaking of Lockout, the one posted by Waypoint the other day is bad ass. You can even blow up the fusion coils and 'catch' the sniper rifle if you're standing in the right spot. Hope it's framerate is good enough to replace the giant puddle of steaming diarrhea that is Cage/Uncaged.

Top Bottom