• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

has no impact on existing emblems. Also smh at trope that emblems somehow equals missing level or feature

Ok, but what about things like armor and skins? Hazop is existing armor and is now retailer exclusive.

Please tell me there will be a way to get all of the retailer armor/skins.. its really unfair for fans to throw always of these different armor/skins around and making some of them unobtainable due to where they shop.

I like 'web' but I want the game at midnight, so Im screwed one way or another.

senador

Banned
has no impact on existing emblems. Also smh at trope that emblems somehow equals missing level or feature

I don't think it's awesome, but thinking about it, this is the best way to do preorder exclusives if they must be done. Just little visual enhancements that don't effect anythig. I'm having fun being "angry" but it's really not that big of a deal. It's silly and annoying though. Now, if you start doing weapons and/or exclusive specializations...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
  • Are Pre-Order Exclusive items (Skins and Emblems and whatever else) region locked?
  • Without Pre-Ordering a copy of the game at every retailer (or eBaying), is there any way to obtain a full set of the various Pre-Order items?
  • Why?

TCKaos

Are you able to comment on the likelyhood this stuff will be DLC (even paid) at a later date?
It would put peoples minds at rest

I mean, it happened with Arkham City, right? I can understand not doing it for Reach because there was one retailer-exclusive bonus (Gamestop) and the others were available with any purchase of the Limited/Legendary Edition. If that was the case for Halo 4 there would be no way to have a complete experience outside of pre-ordering from multiple stores in multiple countries.

halo_4_bonus_weapon_lg.jpg

halo_4_bonus_suit_lg.jpg

These skins in particular are kinda...terrible, but I like the idea.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ok, but what about things like armor and skins? Hazop is existing armor and is now retailer exclusive.

Please tell me there will be a way to get all of the retailer armor/skins.. its really unfair to fans to through always of these different things around and making some of them unobtainable due to where they shop.

I like 'web' but I want the game at midnight, so Im screwed one way or another.

From how I understood that pre-order (I could be wrong) it is for the skin ONLY. I don't think you get the armor too exclusive.

Amazon said:
Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Halo 4 and suit up in Halo Infinity Multiplayer with the exclusive customizable "Web" armor skin

My bad, I worded that terribly. I've been laying on the beach all day so my brain is fried.

I just mean it would suck if you couldn't customize emblems like in every other Halo because they were made unlocks you had to obtain through DLC or from pre-ordering. I know it probably gets annoying to you to hear these complaints but with all the BS that happens now you've gotta understand where we're coming from.

I just think pre-order exclusives should be the same at all retailers when it involves in-game content. I hope there is reasonable way to get them all.. =/

Still, I do like weapon and armor skins, so there is a positive in all this.

• Are Pre-Order Exclusive items (Skins and Emblems and whatever else) region locked?
  • Without Pre-Ordering a copy of the game at every retailer (or eBaying), is there any way to obtain a full set of the various Pre-Order items?
  • Why?

I asked this on the off chance, i assume its difficult to answer for various reasons.

Its more related to MS than 343 they just make the content i assume MS deal with its release and such.

Things like this most likely are not set in stone yet and commenting either way isnt a viable option

If its not purchasable or free later thats a pretty big bombshell to drop on the community considering the negative feedback.

All this is based on the very small info iv grasped from similar circumstances and may be completely wrong buts its what i think

ElRenoRaven

That's basically the LE.

No. There is a difference between online pass and season pass. Online pass is like enter code to be able to play online. The other is like get several sets of DLC packs. The Limited Edition is more like the later. Frankie has already ruled out an online pass though so that's all good.

blamite

The point is that retailer-exclusive content, however minor it may be, is content that is missing from certain players, and that distributing things that way is a shitty, anti-consumer business practice.

I assumed we'd end up with another armor effects situation.

I really hope armor effects are gone, or at the very least limited to custom games. I am not a fan of everyone having Grunt Birthday Party or Heart Attack.

An option to disable seeing them (even if your opponent has one equipped) would be nice.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
online pass =/= Season pass

Wat?

I'm not talking about the ability to play MP, I'm talking about the first 3 DLC packs that come with the CE.

No. There is a difference between online pass and season pass. Online pass is like enter code to be able to play online. The other is like get several sets of DLC packs. The Limited Edition is more like the later. Frankie has already ruled out an online pass though so that's all good.

Yeah, and the LE/CE has that.

Edit: Nevermind I'm all fucked up and did this backward. I'm tired as hell.

ElRenoRaven

I really hope armor effects are gone, or at the very least limited to custom games. I am not a fan of everyone having Grunt Birthday Party or Heart Attack.

An option to disable seeing them (even if your opponent has one equipped) would be nice.

Yea. I so hated them in Reach. So damn annoying they were. Every time you turn around YAY! YAY! YAY! Luckily with me being silver now I won't have to worry about them. lol

Also smh at trope that emblems somehow equals missing level or feature

Of course emblems and skins are not levels and are barely features, but retailer-exclusives still make it so people who buy the game at release do not get the entirety of the game. Granted, they get 99% of the game but it still feels weird not getting everything.

Grunt Birthday Party is the Armor Effect of champs

ElRenoRaven

Wat?

I'm not talking about the ability to play MP, I'm talking about the first 3 DLC packs that come with the CE.

Yeah, and the LE/CE has that.

Yes. But I said online pass. Not season pass. I said I wouldn't be surprised to see an online pass with the game. I wasn't talking anything about a season pass.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Of course emblems and skins are not levels and are barely features, but retailer-exclusives still make it so people who buy the game at release do not get the entirety of the game. Granted, they get 99% of the game but it still feels weird not getting everything.

1 user thanked Franklinator for this post

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yes. But I said online pass. Not season pass. I said I wouldn't be surprised to see an online pass with the game. I wasn't talking anything about a season pass.

Yeah, I read it/comprehended it wrong. My internship is running my into the dirt and I'm tired as shit. Sorry bout that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you're vain, yeah.

His point is the same as Franklinator's (I think) in that it's sort of ridiculous that just because I didn't buy Halo 4 at a certain store, I don't get all of the content that's on the disc that I paid for.

His point is the same as Franklinator's (I think) in that it's sort of ridiculous that just because I didn't buy Halo 4 at a certain store, I don't get all of the content that's on the disc that I paid for.

I'm considering not even buying the game. Death of Halo, right here. I can see the reviews right now.

"Fantastic game, but it was missing half a dozen skins, so this anti-consumer piece of shit gets a 3/10. Fuck this generation"

Ryaaan14

Banned
I just wanna say I dig the presentation of all the skins. Like the actual graphic. I love the clean look and I hope that is a persistent theme with Halo 4 that carries through to the menu UI.

FyreWulff

Nice to see they're making use of all that extra memory saved from not having Elites in the multiplayer maps

Preorder from Amazon now to reserve your Savage Kantus Spartan Skin for use in Gears of War 3 Halo 4 multiplayer! Note that the Savage Kantus Spartan Skin is not available in all modes.

Yeah, this is just as bad a practice as the Grunt Funeral Skull being exclusive to preorder/first run copies of Anniversary. Told you it was coming. Can't wait to get my custom Inheritor Emblem for ordering a King Size #6 from Burger King.

If the content itself was a download, only people who had access to that content via preorder would be able to see it. I believe it was an unlock code.

Yeah, it's a software unlock key, otherwise other people wouldn't be able to see them.

I just wanna say I dig the presentation of all the skins. Like the actual graphic. I love the clean look and I hope that is a persistent theme with Halo 4 that carries through to the menu UI.

Agree. Reach was very "gritty" looking and what we've seen of Halo 4 so far seems very clean, almost sterile. It's a nice change of pace.

Top Bottom