• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I really wish we could damage visors if only for bragging rights. Just imagine how awesome it would be nailing that splinter cell helmet in the center camera with a sniper rifle and then actually being able to prove it.

Huzzah, I graduated high school!

And back on topic, I'm not sure what to think of the railgun. One shot kill on infantry sounds like it could be overpowered.
Congrats!

As for the railgun: I think it's intended to be a power weapon. So vs. infantry it would be like rockets but with a few moments before it could fire and probably less splash damage.

I complained some today and it was pretty stupid really. I never even thought about this stuff until I started posting on gaf. I think I just got got caught up in the rage haha.

Fracas

#fuckonami
As I said before, I'm not angry. I'm mainly just disappointed; I saw Halo as a franchise that was untouched by stupid things like retailer exclusives, and now it's happening.

edit: ^^IIRC Wu said it was a "personal ordinance" choice or something.

I complained some today and it was pretty stupid really. I never even thought about this stuff until I started posting on gaf. I think I just got got caught up in the rage haha.

I wrote a blog entry complaining i think im the overreacting king. Still feel pretty butthurt over it

GhaleonEB

Railgun info:
1-shot kill against infantry.
Has a charge-up about half the length of the Spartan Laser.
Doesn't destroy vehicles in 1 shot but is able to make them flip over similar to the Concussion Rifle and Brute Shot.
Can't zoom in with it.

This sounds pretty good to me. The lack of zoom is what will really help make it balanced; the inclusion of a scope on the laser hurt the maps it was on a great deal. Hopefully the laser is gone and this is the kinda, sorta replacement for it. You know it's going to feel great to one-shot someone from a long distance without a scope. Clips will be made.

Really, anything that lets me knock Warthogs around is okay in my book.

Rtas

Anyone online and fancy a game? Throw me a friend request , Deathman1000 I'm set to offline to avoid a couple of people. I'm up for whatever playlist. Bit of a warning, got a strict nat due to crappy mobile internet at my current location.

This sounds pretty good to me. The lack of zoom is what will really help make it balanced; the inclusion of a scope on the laser hurt the maps it was on a great deal. Hopefully the laser is gone and this is the kinda, sorta replacement for it. You know it's going to feel great to one-shot someone from a long distance without a scope. Clips will be made.

Really, anything that lets me knock Warthogs around is okay in my book.

Spartan ragdolls would surely love some large amounts of kinetic energy to play with too.

Why? It's similar to the other shenanigans that go on regarding other things, but I saw less harshness and assholery. Negative, but reasonable.
because it has literally nothing to do with now the game plays. it's purely visual, and it's not like a lot of resources go towards armor skins. Computron made one in like 5 minutes. it seems like the definition of a non-issue to me

Tawpgun

Some thread on gaming side about Bungie banning Gearbox, Epic, and Valve from doing anything third party with Destiny.

This post came up. I laughed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38207542&postcount=151

inception.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fucking haloGAF. hours later, still bitching. i know news is slow, maybe its time to talk about trials evo? wolves? prometheus?

The concept of retailer exclusive deals, regardless of whatever content they contained, caused the 'uproar'. The only thing the visual content being unattainable caused was disappointment at most.

Basically. I can live without getting the skins, it's just retailer exclusive nonsense that bugs me so much.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What is this internet? An a phorum? Never heard of those.

Wonder who catches what I did and why. I predict only oldies will.

I didn't catch it :(

But yeah, older people and the internet do not mix, most of the time. My satellite TV receiver was messing up a few years back, I kid you not, my mom thought it was hacked.

i don't even

789shadow

Banned
Huzzah, I graduated high school!

And back on topic, I'm not sure what to think of the railgun. One shot kill on infantry sounds like it could be overpowered.
You do realize that every time someone says that the railgun could be overpowered for being a one shot kill, this means they think the Sniper Rifle is overpowered, right?

Basically, I can live without getting the skins, it's just retailer exclusive nonsense that bugs me so much.

I was about to post something like "I just said that" until I realised that there was a full stop and not a comma. I read it as I have quoted above heh.

Stay in school folks.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You do realize that every time someone says that the railgun could be overpowered for being a one shot kill, this means they think the Sniper Rifle is overpowered, right?

Haha I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but just in case: The sniper isn't overpowered at all. It finds a nice balance; it's relatively easy to learn how to use, but it takes skill to get really good at sniping/no scoping.

edit:^My senior class had 128 people. 13 of them dropped out :lol

ZalinKrow

Can't be that there are no HaloGafers that want to play some Reach

If it wasn't like 03:44 in the morning I totally would. I might send you a friend request though so if I am on when you are you can join. I play pretty regularly, I should warn you though that Elzar is also generally in my party. I understand if you want to run and just never stop running :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
How would the railgun be any different.

Since I haven't seen it in action, I'm not really sure. It would depend on it's splash damage, aim assist, cooldown, and ammo that comes with it.

You'd also have to wonder about how AAs will work with it. Camo-ing while charging it could be very annoying, similar to Camo sniping. Using Promethean Vision to see an incoming enemy and charging as the enemy gets right in front of you could be another example.

Still, all depends on how it actually plays.

edit: Franklinator's right. Simply aiming for the body requires a lot less skill than the sniper

Rtas

If it wasn't like 03:44 in the morning I totally would. I might send you a friend request though so if I am on when you are you can join. I play pretty regularly, I should warn you though that Elzar is also generally in my party. I understand if you want to run and just never stop running :p

Cools, yeah I know its late, can't sleep so I'm burning out playing Reach. Anyone else up for a game maybe??

Fracas

#fuckonami
Cools, yeah I know its late, can't sleep so I'm burning out playing Reach. Anyone else up for a game maybe??

I'd play, but I'm about to go to a grad party.

Add me if you'd like, I'm still trying to get back into Reach. My tag is Monsterfracas

Rtas

I'd play, but I'm about to go to a grad party.

Add me if you'd like, I'm still trying to get back into Reach. My tag is Monsterfracas

Since it was mentioned that a remix album of the H4 OST was being talked about I thought I'd start of list of possible artists I'd like to see. I'm maybe misinterpreting what was meant by 'mixes' but here it is anyway. Add more candidates please.

Massive Attack (Obvious must)
Daft Punk (Mind=blown)
Amon Tobin (Great with reworking sounds and has prior game music experience)
SebastiAn
Ki: Theory
RJD2

Not sure about
Pretty Lights
UNKLE
Nosaj Thing
Flying Lotus

Add me if you want, but I'm not sure I'll play tonight. GT=mastrbiggy

Added

Top Bottom