• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Rtas

Very cool, love it there :) Me and Hydra are from Limerick. If it's as warm there as it is here then I completely understand why you can't sleep haha

I'm fucking boiling, bloody 23 degrees outside closer to thirty indoors, automatic central heating

FyreWulff

Sniper requires you to precisely get a headshot, the rail gun just requires you to hit the guy, gauss hog style.

I could be totally wrong about that since I haven't read the bulletin.

It would also be different (I'm assuming) since the rail gun wouldn't have the 'sweeping' laser effect that the Splaser has.

This sounds pretty good to me. The lack of zoom is what will really help make it balanced; the inclusion of a scope on the laser hurt the maps it was on a great deal. Hopefully the laser is gone and this is the kinda, sorta replacement for it. You know it's going to feel great to one-shot someone from a long distance without a scope. Clips will be made.

Really, anything that lets me knock Warthogs around is okay in my book.

Hopefully it is a replacement for the Spartan Laser. That thing is an abomination, and this seems like a decent way to keep that style of weapon in the game.

No that's the BR. The Railgun is the Dr Pepper exclusive. You have to get the cap with Railgun under it to win the Railgun perk.

Ah ok, I guess I got them mixed up. I also heard that Cheetos bags will give you the "Dangerously Cheesy" perk

All of you are wrong. To use the Railgun you have to collect all the Railroad pieces from participating McDonald's dining establishments.

I'm in if the McRib comes back

ElRenoRaven

Ah ok, I guess I got them mixed up. I also heard that Cheetos bags will give you the "Dangerously Cheesy" perk

I'm in if the McRib comes back

Speaking of that you know Wal Mart's Great Value brand has a pretty damn good wannabe Mc Rib sandwhich. It's not on par with Mc Donald's Mcrib but man it's a good alternative when you can't get one which is 99 percent of the time. lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
did i just read in the gaming side that not only is valve, epic and gearbox better than bungie but that borderlands is better than halo?

oh my. lol!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't even understand why McDonald's acts like the McRib is some precious luxury. Just make it available year round.

ElRenoRaven

I don't even understand why McDonald's acts like the McRib is some precious luxury. Just make it available year round.

Beats me. Just makes it a pain to get. Every damn time it never fails that they end up sold out most of the run. If you don't get them the first day then you're screwed.

GhaleonEB

Hopefully it is a replacement for the Spartan Laser. That thing is an abomination, and this seems like a decent way to keep that style of weapon in the game.
Yeah, I read its description and it sounds like that kind of weapon but with the flaws addressed. No scope, not an instant vehicle killer.

Some might like this.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-e3-2012/730567?

Reveal of Spartan Ops will be on a GTTV show on Spike TV during E3 on June 4th at 10PM EST

w00t. Really excited to see it. I suspect it will be where I spend most of my time with Halo 4, as was the case with Firefight in Reach.
Anyone running a Multi-Team party?

I might hop on in an hour or so.

OT: it rained for like, ten minutes today. But boy did it come down. I miss storms like this.

hey, so those gaffers with transparent backgrounds in their avatars (Fyre and Ryaaan spring to mind), how did you get it transparent? My avatar image is a .png with no background, but it still shows up with a background here

daedalius

This sounds good to me. Either a replacement or a way to always put the laser in a competitive spot with a really long spawn timer.

FyreWulff

hey, so those gaffers with transparent backgrounds in their avatars (Fyre and Ryaaan spring to mind), how did you get it transparent? My avatar image is a .png with no background, but it still shows up with a background here

Your avatar is transparent to me. The profile page ones get a white bg because of the image manipulation program GAF is using to resize them on the profile page..

Sorry I'm coming in late to the preorder party; been slammed.

I just want confirmation that only patterns/skins are preorder-specific, not any armor pieces themselves. I would be pretty upset if I didn't have the opportunity to wear something like Hazop or Locus helmets due to not ordering from a certain retailer/country. I'm not even saying that those are the best looking ones, I'm just using them as an example (though I do like them).

Your avatar is transparent to me. The profile page ones get a white bg because of the image manipulation program GAF is using to resize them on the profile page..
that's because I compensated by making it the same grey as the page. I didn't realize that there are two differently colored greys. I'll give it another shot

see? white background

FyreWulff

that's because I compensated by making it the same grey as the page. I didn't realize that there are two differently colored greys. I'll give it another shot

see? white background

Which program are you using? I made mine with Paint.NET, just deleted everything around the shark so that it showed the transparent checkerboard, then saved as PNG .

Top Bottom