• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ah okay. Dani, when I get off work next Monday the first place I'm going is FUD, so you better have an up-to-date list. ;)

Will do. I only ever post official and reliable information on FUD, so the E3 Halo 4 Hub will be 100% correct without any guessing BS or leaks or any other crap.

It's a round-up of everything he said, since he is the apparent source of the leak. It's up to yourself if you want to believe. Even if it's true, some of that information has to be outdated due to being from an old build.

Not long until we see for ourselves.

In relation to that...

Super fake, suspicious OP is suspicious. "you found that vid", RIGHT!

The youtube account was created yesterday; no other real activity on it; and it was legit, it would had been taken down already, Bungie is pretty hardcore about this.

edit: also cant find any activity on the net about a so called group called 'vhs-release'; i only get mentions of it on gaming sites discussing the news.

Fuck off with your marketing.

Lmao.

senador

Banned
I think you misunderstood me. With Halo 3 the BR's first bullet was always on the money. It allowed you to ping the sniper, dropping his scope without necessarily killing him(allowing you to get closer). If you simply have bullets drop when the reticle isn't red, then the sniper is still scoped and can still kill you with relative ease.

Ah, that make sense. Still, even at 3x there's a range where the sniper is too far away to ping, but you are still totally within range of it.

omg, new concept art you guys
1AIDZ.jpg

:p

Ryaaan14

Banned
Mmmkay so talked to a buddy of mine who is heavy into the modding scene and this is the deal with the whole beta leak. There are currently only a handful of people who have gotten access to it, since it is actually assigned to your console and gamertag unlike any other betas. He says it is just a matter of time before someone bypasses the security on the beta and distributes it to massive amounts of people in the modding community.

So we knew the video was legit, but it is also fact that people are playing the build in the wild. It was NOT video taken from a feed or elsewhere, it was actually played by them.

Guys, so about that Shotgun stuff so. The source of the leak video tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/420xSkidxBluntz/status/206815383716499459

Shocker.

Why is it that every leak is always from a person who doesn't understand the concept of "put the camera on a flat surface?" I got motion sickness from that video.

Although, judging by image quality, he filmed with a cantaloupe, so maybe I can't blame him.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Why is it that every leak is always from a person who doesn't understand the concept of "put the camera on a flat surface?" I got motion sickness from that video.

Although, judging by image quality, he filmed with a cantaloupe, so maybe I can't blame him.

Joke post? The entire video is a parody of leaks in itself. Did you not notice his deliberate use of watching a VHS tape with a shaky cellphone camera?

Mmmkay so talked to a buddy of mine who is heavy into the modding scene and this is the deal with the whole beta leak. There are currently only a handful of people who have gotten access to it, since it is actually assigned to your console and gamertag unlike any other betas. He says it is just a matter of time before someone bypasses the security on the beta and distributes it to massive amounts of people in the modding community.

So we knew the video was legit, but it is also fact that people are playing the build in the wild. It was NOT video taken from a feed or elsewhere, it was actually played by them.

Shocker.
shit just got real.

Weird, Im pretty sure MTW is mentioned in the video, he also seems to be heavy into the modding community.

• BR is 2x Zoom, DMR is 3x Zoom in the leak build
  • Storm Rifle - directed energy covanant rifle. "sequel" to the plasma rifle (No scope, automatic fire, overheats)
  • Snow Level Confirmed Multiplayer Level
  • More Weapon Specific Assassinations
  • You can unlock the shotgun as a spawning weapons for your Loadout
  • Leaked Build has Achievements
  • First Person Kill Cams (From other Team's POV)
  • Hardlight Shield
  • 2 melee hits to kill from full health
  • BR recoil gets auto centred after a small duration (reticule resets back to default position after recoil makes it shift upwards)
  • Controls: dpad: select gernade. lb: use armor ability. left trigger: throw nade. back: scoreboard. right trigger: shoot. rb: melee. y: switch weapons. b: crouch. a: jump x: reload

Have I missed anything?

Sounds about right. Other things I can think of is it seems personal ordinance drops are instantaneous in this build.

Retro

Runner up wins.

I just figured it was a little too off, considering a bookstore has nothing to do with Halo. Had to include it though.

3rd place was going to be a crack about shooting the broad side of a barn, but none of the guns in Halo are inaccurate enough to make that joke.

CyReN

@420xSkidxBluntz

lol what is this...i dont even.

As for the beta getting leaked, is anyone surprised?

Honestly yes, I thought the 3 screens was about it. 343i/MS have done a pretty good job so far especially with the game under 6 months away.

Great break down Slightly Live.

Is he talking about the beta? Because I know of at least 4 people here who have played it. (won't say names so they don't get screwed but it shouldn't be too hard to guess)

Yeah, I dunno what hes talking about. Also, yeah I know of a few who played the Beta, but this is the first drop of info I have seen from it publicly.

So I guess Skid is saying no more vids/pics and MTW was making stuff up although he was attached to the video in one form or another?

am i the only one who liked what was leaked?

edit: when and how did i become a member? some people have been here longer and still are juniors lol

^MTW comes up at 15sec point. A quick google leads to a site where they are all members, which led to twitters. MTW is the Breach/Flashdrive guy.

It appears that way. I'm OK with no more vids if it means the shotgun spawn and DMR 2-shot kill things were wrong, haha

Yeah, although I don't think I would complain if we saw more, or something in better quality.

Still, this will be nice til e3:

ibpOlVuFcMjZVA.gif

Top Bottom