• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
jelly...8jio0.png

hmm?

The first rule of the Halo 4 Beta is do not take photos/videos of the Halo 4 beta

The second rule of the Halo 4 beta is DO NOT TAKE PHOTOS/VIDEOS OF THE HALO 4 BETA

CyReN

You're just pissed because you got banned for advertising THC.com again ;)

Damn straight, what kind of site bans me for a hyper link article, then rips the Frankie interview with Walmart and put it on their youtube channel and edits out the original video I had and puts theirs in.

TCKaos

I mean, shit, bumper jumper even made it in to Anniversary, right?

I can't play any other way now. Let's break it down. We need at least:

>Fire Weapon
>Throw Grenade
>Reload
>Change Grenade
>Jump
>Melee
>Crouch
>Zoom In
>Sprint
>PERK OLOLOLOL

So bumper jumper should be (logically)
RT > Fire Weapon
LT > Throw Grenade
B > Reload
DPad > Change Grenade
LB > Jump
RB > Melee
LS > Crouch
RS > Zoom In
X > Sprint
A > PERK OLOLOLOL

That makes the most sense. X should be sprint due to it being an Armor Ability in Reach, and if Grenades get moved then it ought to be to the DPad (give it UP on the DPad and then left/down/right can be for Personal Ordinance selection). Since these PERKS OLOLOLOL are probably going to be integral to gameplay, and sort of equipment based one should be on the A button. Make it easy to access.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone get the feeling that at the end of the Microsoft E3 press conference they'll reveal that the Halo 4 beta is 'available, right now' as some kind of hardcore appeasement to make up for what's speculated to be a disastrous conference?

Lol that would be fuckin epic

Sounding more and more like the only thing that will save this game is MLG tweaking.

Which honestly doesn't worry me, because I play the default playlists to mess around. None of this worries me all that much.

CyReN

Sounding more and more like the only thing that will save this game is MLG tweaking.

Which honestly doesn't worry me, because I play the default playlists to mess around. None of this worries me all that much.

After E3, me wanting to get on any game but Halo 4 will be a struggle.

Hey You

Anyone get the feeling that at the end of the Microsoft E3 press conference they'll reveal that the Halo 4 beta is 'available, right now' as some kind of hardcore appeasement to make up for what's speculated to be a disastrous conference?
Nah, they want release day server problems

Conor 419

Banned
Idk, I just think it'd be a good idea. Everyone watching that conference would probably download the beta, it'd be another step towards returning Halo's popularity to mega high levels.

so heres the update on the modding community.

They dont have it, i checked around a bit and some of the more niche and inside places and nothing at all. If its out their to them its very very very hush hush.

However some of the names of the video did make an appearance but then again they are rather generic.

Seems for now at least this is only a video leak from some one who owns the content legit and nothing to do with the modding community.

Be interesting if we do get more leaks. Still not 100% convinced SuperMTW is lying.

Blinding

Seems like there's a beta going around, a week before E3?

Idk, seems a bit...

It's actually been a tad bit longer then a week, since I remember seeing Frankie and a couple other people on my list in a joinable 360 Dashboard session a couple times that past week or so, which going off of that HaloForum post indicates they were likely playing the beta.

They dont have it, i checked around a bit and some of the more niche and inside places and nothing at all. If its out their to them its very very very hush hush.

However some of the names of the video did make an appearance but then again they are rather generic.

Seems for now at least this is only a video leak from some one who owns the content legit and nothing to do with the modding community.

Be interesting if we do get more leaks. Still not 100% convinced SuperMTW is lying.

I would not be surprised if he had it.

I also would not be surprised if he was fucking with us a little bit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay guys, I'm finally up, lol.
I can make a writeup of everything that guy said on Twitter last night, for everyone who missed it. If this stuff is true, it's a very interesting list.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Right now, every copy of the internal Halo 4 beta is stamped with a digital signature with a person's unique ID and that's unique tied to their Live account and whatnot.

If a copy somehow ends up in the hands of dodgy sea-fairers, then the specific copy that they get can be instantly traced back to the original owner. And considering the only way to have access to it in the first place is to be an employee... let's just say immediately termination would be the least of their worries.

feel

Idk, I just think it'd be a good idea. Everyone watching that conference would probably download the beta, it'd be another step towards returning Halo's popularity to mega high levels.
Unnecessary, they will reach that goal with all the stellar gameplay additions borrowed from the industry leader. Frankie has already been spotted at a nearby Lamborghini dealership looking at the wares.

If true, why? That'd increase the chances of leaks exponentially regardless of NDA and throw off their reveal plan. Seems like a bad idea of true.

I for one hope there is no more of this until after its all revealed officially and we see high quality stuff. Let the leaks come between that and release as tasty morsels to whet our appetites.

They do this with most of their major releases. They had several different milestone builds of Reach testing.

Also, MS internal betas are typically tied to a specific console of that employee's choosing as well, so you couldn't simply use the account to download it to another Xbox.

Halo 4 connect site? Maybe Non-MS employees are playing it.

I believe MS uses Connect for internal testing.

Ryaaan14

Banned

There are only 2-3 modders who have it (locked betas on dev consoles) and they are apparently super hardcore modders who are nothing of the likes of the burnouts who release leaked footage. We won't get anything from them until they inevitably unlock the beta for their friends, and then their friends give it to their friends and so on and so forth.

I can make a writeup of everything that guy said on Twitter last night, for everyone who missed it. If this stuff is true, it's a very interesting list.

It is pretty much all confirmed fake.

Right now, every copy of the internal Halo 4 beta is stamped with a digital signature with a person's unique ID and that's unique tied to their Live account and whatnot.

If a copy somehow ends up in the hands of dodgy sea-fairers, then the specific copy that they get can be instantly traced back to the original owner. And considering the only way to have access to it in the first place is to be an employee... let's just say immediately termination would be the least of their worries.

I know this, However its not like these guys are going to be playing it online if they do get it. A console capable of running this RGH or JTAG will get banned of xbox live 5 hours maximum. The most likely scenario is what happened with the Reach Beta, The xex (a xbox version of a .exe) gets hacked to allow force loading of the maps from the main menu. (hold LT and press up for wraparound or down for warhouse) for example.

There are only 2-3 modders who have it (locked betas on dev consoles) and they are apparently super hardcore modders who are nothing of the likes of the burnouts who release leaked footage. We won't get anything from them until they inevitably unlock the beta for their friends, and then their friends give it to their friends and so on and so forth.

source?

senador

Banned

I vote don't bother and leave it be now.

They do this with most of their major releases. They had several different milestone builds of Reach testing.

Also, MS internal betas are typically tied to a specific console of that employee's choosing as well, so you couldn't simply use the account to download it to another Xbox.

I believe MS uses Connect for internal testing.

Right, but again, the timing is not ideal IMO.

Tashi

Just watch the full video on my PC now. Good stuff. Promethean vision looks pretty wild. Rockets shoot soooooooo slow! Wow, slowest I've ever seen in a Halo game. Fall damage seems to be in.

Wouldn't it be cool if when you got a double kill, the medal had a circular meter around it that counted down the time until you could get a triple kill and on and on.

Fracas

#fuckonami

It is pretty much all confirmed fake.
Who denied it? I guess I missed it. But seriously, that is great news.

Tashi

I didn't even read that twitter shit. No point. I'll gather my facts from leaked images, videos and official stuff from 343.

Right, but again, the timing is not ideal IMO.

Well I don't think their marketing and testing schedules are necessarily linked. If their team wanted to get some MS feedback on a build, it doesn't really matter if it was right before E3, because none of that is supposed to ever be public.

Something funny I saw in the Kotaku article:
NeoGAF found the leak about 6 am EDT, and that community, as you can well imagine, is laughing itself to death while doing a good job of analyzing what really is being shown.

Fracas

#fuckonami

the guy who posted the video

Hmm. Has Frank/David/Microsoft said anything other than their official statement earlier?

And now I guess I'll wait on that MTW dude to post his next video. If he actually does, anyway.

edit: I don't believe anything I've read, other than anything gleaned from the actual video itself. I'm mainly just entertaining myself, and if this guy turns out to be legitimate, then we know a lot more than we did before.

Top Bottom