• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I've seen several posts on here (ViewtifulJC, Gabo) saying that the DMR having a 3x scope was already confirmed (in JC's case, Frankie said it). Where do you guys remember seeing that? I don't remember seeing any confirmation one way or the other.

I shouldn't have paid any attention to what superMTW said. People were linking his twitter and (it seemed to me) taking him seriously, so I thought it was okay to post information from him. :/

Oh come on, spawning with Shotgun? Please don't be true.
Combine that with kill streaks and you are bringing corner camping to Halo! Hooray!

And oh my goodness, I thought personal ordinance had a 10 second drop that alerted everyone?

Oh come on, spawning with Shotgun? Please don't be true.
Combine that with kill streaks and you are bringing corner camping to Halo! Hooray!

And oh my goodness, I thought personal ordinance had a 10 second drop that alerted everyone?

Your questions will be answered soon enough, just hang on a little bit more. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
  • BR is 2x Zoom, DMR is 3x Zoom in the leak build
  • Storm Rifle - directed energy covanant rifle. "sequel" to the plasma rifle (No scope, automatic fire, overheats)
  • Snow Level Confirmed Multiplayer Level
  • More Weapon Specific Assassinations
  • You can unlock the shotgun as a spawning weapons for your Loadout
  • Leaked Build has Achievements
  • First Person Kill Cams (From other Team's POV)
  • Hardlight Shield
  • 2 melee hits to kill from full health
  • BR recoil gets auto centred after a small duration (reticule resets back to default position after recoil makes it shift upwards)
  • Controls: dpad: select gernade. lb: use armor ability. left trigger: throw nade. back: scoreboard. right trigger: shoot. rb: melee. y: switch weapons. b: crouch. a: jump x: reload

Have I missed anything?

• Storm Rifle - directed energy covanant rifle. "sequel" to the plasma rifle (No scope, automatic fire, overheats)
  • Hardlight Shield
  • BR recoil gets auto centred after a small duration (reticule resets back to default position after recoil makes it shift upwards)
  • Controls: dpad: select gernade. lb: use armor ability. left trigger: throw nade. back: scoreboard. right trigger: shoot. rb: melee. y: switch weapons. b: crouch. a: jump x: reload

Have I missed anything?

I only saw a specific weapon assassination for the sword, which is not new, those are already in Reach.

Conor 419

Banned
  • Hardlight Shield

Have I missed anything?

What's the hardlight shield?

senador

Banned
I don't see the problem with 3x DMR. Could make it not have "see it, shoot it" range. Bullet dies off at far range. If reticule doesn't turn red, can't hit them.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
What's the hardlight shield?

Might be a new Armour Ability.

WYbvj.jpg

senador

Banned
Then how are you going to counter the extreme range of a sniper without a sniper?

You don't? It's a sniper. Get closer and stuff. Would have same problem with 2x or spread. It'd be like Halo 3.

That is certainly not true.

This plus him saying he doesn't really like Halo "but this is good" then comparing it to passed Halos leads me to believe he is full of shit, at least on finer details.

Conor 419

Banned
Right, okay.

Shield thing looks pretty cool, I'm happy with that.

Edit - Still worried the DMR will be too long range, I don't want BTB ruined again by it's ridiculous range. Haemorrhage in Reach was atrocious for that very reason.

• Hardlight Shield

Have I missed anything?

Are we suppose to be taking this guy seriously or not? Or are you just rounding up everything he's said? Did you see that in the video? He said the DMR was a 2sk, why should we believe him on anything else?

TCKaos

Hey guys:

nLDwO.jpg

High ground confirmed?

86wQC.jpg

mmmm, sparrow.

Yeah, all of that is fake. All of those vehicles hail from Halo Wars, and that's even the exact same concept art for all of them. I'm willing to bet that the "Canary" concept art is identical to the concept art for Highgrounds, but alas I don't have the art book to prove it.

feel

Can I PLEASE unlock a perk where I have slightly faster base speed but can not sprint?? I absolutely hate the sprint gameplay, so janky, tiring and constricting.

Right, okay.

Shield thing looks pretty cool, I'm happy with that.

Edit - Still worried the DMR will be too long range, I don't want BTB ruined again by it's ridiculous range. Haemorrhage in Reach was atrocious for that very reason.

Part of it is taking your game mechanics more into account for map design. Obviously the range of the DMR and the absurd openness of Hemorrhage are a terrible combination. For whatever reason, Bungie didn't seem to take into account their new mechanics of Reach into map design much.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Are we suppose to be taking this guy seriously or not? Or are you just rounding up everything he's said? Did you see that in the video? He said the DMR was a 2sk, why should we believe him on anything else?

It's a round-up of everything he said, since he is the apparent source of the leak. It's up to yourself if you want to believe. Even if it's true, some of that information has to be outdated due to being from an old build.

Not long until we see for ourselves.

Karl2177

You don't? It's a sniper. Get closer and stuff. Would have same problem with 2x or spread. It'd be like Halo 3.

I think you misunderstood me. With Halo 3 the BR's first bullet was always on the money. It allowed you to ping the sniper, dropping his scope without necessarily killing him(allowing you to get closer). If you simply have bullets drop when the reticle isn't red, then the sniper is still scoped and can still kill you with relative ease.

Making the Sniper hard to use would go a long way in countering the thing.

Bring it back to Halo 3 levels of use. You would either be good with the sniper or you picked it up so someone who was good could/n't get it.

Zoolader

Yeah, all of that is fake. All of those vehicles hail from Halo Wars, and that's even the exact same concept art for all of them. I'm willing to bet that the "Canary" concept art is identical to the concept art for Highgrounds, but alas I don't have the art book to prove it.

Well that was exciting for about a whole 30 seconds :(

It's a round-up of everything he said, since he is the apparent source of the leak. It's up to yourself if you want to believe. Even if it's true, some of that information has to be outdated due to being from an old build.

Not long until we see for ourselves.

Ah okay. Dani, when I get off work next Monday the first place I'm going is FUD, so you better have an up-to-date list. ;)

Top Bottom