• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I mostly agree with kyle, however.

Im still looking forward to the game, what have we really seen thats "game breaking" Everything we have seen so far we already have the ability to remove or negate with current custom options worst case scenario we get a vanilla playlist and we all live in that.

Taking things that CoD brought to the table isnt a bad idea, Halo is great at its core (see halo 2) but adding things like "headshot" on the screen isnt game breaking its a pet peeve for the people who dislike it.

I agree some of the other changes are major and much more impactful. Instant respawn, Spawning with loadouts ect but all these could infact be better for halo. Whats the issue that one loadout will be better than the rest? then we all use that loadout problem solved.

Juices wrote a great post a long time ago about how AA's are not a bad thing for the series.

I remember smh at that post lol.

I liked how except for sprint there didn't seem to be heavy AA use in that leaked video, looked like a step in the right direction considering how almost every battle in reach is punctuated with an AA.

Hey guys whats goin....

sIigl.gif

It's going to be a long week for some of you lot.

not sure how to take this comment...

Homeboyd

Is this a new challenge? Or just an edited one from the past we haven't seen very often?

Climb Points Mountain
0 / 1 - 3000 cR
Score 2,000,000 points on any Firefight map.

Consumers aren't nearly as dumb as publishers think. You can't play catch-up in this industry. You can't chase success. How many years did we see the phrase "Halo killer!!" show up in magazines to describe a game that was wedging rechargeable shields and aliens into its campaign? Did they ever overtake Halo?

Interesting example. It's been a long time since I heard the phrase Halo Killer. CoD holds that title now.

GhaleonEB

I thought it was a weekly before.. maybe with co-op?

Is the payout updated?

The weekly was to complete 4 Sets of Firefight in one game. The last time this rolled around, the goal was 1m points.

Regarding the leak: considering it was one big troll, why would anyone believe word one of what the dude said on Twitter? He's loving this.

I watched about two minutes of the footage - for what it was - but I really don't think there's much to judge there, other than it's clearly a faster paced game.

Way too many assumptions drawn from it. E3 is coming fast.

This is crazy

read my email tags

Wait, staying up a bit longer. Guy just mentioned something called a Storm Rifle.

edit: Also he said you can spawn with shotgun[/QUOTE]

Storm rifle is defintely legit, one the leaked toy package there was a grunt called Storm grunt. Maybe Storm is the faction of Covenant we are fighting?

Also, spawn with shotgun!? No.....

It's going to be a long week for some of you lot.

But entertaining. Check my email tags.

The weekly was to complete 4 Sets of Firefight in one game. The last time this rolled around, the goal was 1m points.

Regarding the leak: considering it was one big troll, why would anyone believe word one of what the dude said on Twitter? He's loving this.

I watched about two minutes of the footage - for what it was - but I really don't think there's much to judge there, other than it's clearly a faster paced game.

Way too many assumptions drawn from it. E3 is coming fast.
Yep. And it is a beta. Did David not say in the Sparkast that some stuff still needs to be optimized? I am not referring to the drops, regular sprint or a giant mech on the map. Just stuff like shotgun spawn can be tweaked or the sprint + sword combo...

On the other hand we do not even know what they played on the leaked stuff. It can be a custom gametype etc.

David Ellis confirmed no 2sk DMR (was pretty obvious), the barn guy has been probably smoking some... oh wait!

i wish they would at least explain some of things we're discussing. having a leak so close to e3 is probably extremely frustrating..but so is finding out people can spawn with shotgun (he posted a pretty convincing picture of it, two shot DMR sounded like BS without proof)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's short range from past experiences, something a spawning DMR/Br can take care of.

Depends on how strong the secondary is that comes with the shotgun, also, it promotes crouch camping right off the bat, but I guess promethian vision will counter that, assuming you pick that AA.

It's short range from past experiences, something a spawning DMR/Br can take care of.

It will encourage camping though. Just look at Invasion were you can also spawn with a shotgun: All the spartans camp in the core room with shotguns on Boneyard. The same for the Elites with energy swords on the spire.

But I would still consider the shotgun a power weapon. You shouldn't spawn with it imo.

However I won't make judgements until E3. This guy is clearly a crackhead, and he's not a big fan of Halo. Sure he leaked an awful recording, but if the build is old, his information is irrelevant.

E3 still stands as the point where I will make my judgements on the game.

I can't tell if the Bonez picture is shopped.

I dunno, I can usually destroy with a shotgun and sprint on non btb maps, DMR/BR starts or not. I have no issue with that because it is a power weapon.. If it becomes a spawning weapon I weep for us all.

So anyways, I wonder if we will get anything else today. Also, where these the same guys that leaked pics from that snowy map?

It will encourage camping though. Just look at Invasion were you can also spawn with a shotgun: All the spartans camp in the core room with shotguns on Boneyard. The same for the Elites with energy swords on the spire.
Concussion rifle bro!

But yeah, spawning with shotgun is ok in Invasion but it has no place on "vanilla" halo, it'll promote extreme camping and seriously fuck up objective games.

I'm pretty sure Frankie confirmed no shotgun/rockets/sniper a few months ago anyway.

Karl2177

Concussion rifle bro!

But yeah, spawning with shotgun is ok in Invasion but it has no place on "vanilla" halo, it'll promote extreme camping and seriously fuck up objective games.

I'm pretty sure Frankie confirmed no shotgun/rockets/sniper a few months ago anyway.

smh
That's one of the reasons why Invasion sucks...

What you can unlock in some leaked beta for use in loadouts are unlikely to be the same things you can unlock and use in matchmaking playlists.

Thats true.

Hey, its possible they wanted some shotgun feedback and knew people would gravitate towards other power weapons so they threw it in the mix. You can tell they were very careful with this beta, I doubt it has anything we don't know about minus the snowy map.

senador

Banned
- Leak gets posted on YouTube, is clearly a troll video.
- HaloGAF: "Ahahaha, this is such a great troll."
- Troll posts bullshit on Twitter.
- HaloGAF: "OMG THIS CAN'T BE A TROLL HALO 4 IS DOOOOOOOOMED."

Wut? I don't even...

C'mon, you're just giving the troll what he wants. Stop feeding him.

Yeah, this. I'm pretty disappointed Fracas and others egged him on. He should've just been ignored. Getting info this way, true or not, is lame. His intent seems to be directed at HaloGAF. Please ignore his later attempts. It's way too early for big leaks and achievement lists.

All I really got out of the vid is that Sprint seems to be never ending, and UI is incomplete, if it's real and stuff.

CyReN

I think people are caught up in MW2 Shotgun online hell, we really have to see how the weapon plays out but I'd hate to see it in anything objective, I'd be ok with FFA or TS.

Overdoziz

Banned
I think people are caught up in MW2 Shotgun online hell, we really have to see how the weapon plays out but I'd hate to see it in anything objective, I'd be ok with FFA or TS.
The MW2 Spaz shotgun was quite something. The nukes I got with that baby.
Not really a big fan of any of the CQC weapons in Halo though. Especially considering the fact that you play with radar on most of the time. It doesn't promote the gameplay that I like and often results in cheap kills from people hiding around corners.

Yeah, I hate when leaks come out so close to a big event.

It's a terrible way to get info, but I just have to watch it.

Debating going dark for 8 days lol

Hey You

Is this a new challenge? Or just an edited one from the past we haven't seen very often?

Climb Points Mountain
0 / 1 - 3000 cR
Score 2,000,000 points on any Firefight map.

For 3000 credits? Wow.

All challenge payouts should be drastically bumped up, or Bungie should have made it so payouts are higher, the higher your rank.

TheOddOne

Not really a big fan of any of the CQC weapons in Halo though. Especially considering the fact that you play with radar on most of the time. It doesn't promote the gameplay that I like and often results in cheap kills from people hiding around corners.
Yep, hopefully it is just a power weapon.

senador

Banned

Screw CoD, bring the USAS to 4! POW POW POW POW POW POW POW

No don't really.

If you can start with a Shotgun, you also have a situation where shotguns are lying everywhere on the maps for people that died with them. Everyone gets a shotgun at all times!

GhaleonEB

If you can start with a Shotgun, you also have a situation where shotguns are lying everywhere on the maps for people that died with them. Everyone gets a shotgun at all times!

We had the grenade launcher on spawn in Invasion during the Reach beta.

I remember the first time round 3 started on Boneyard. Yay, vehicles! *EMP blasts go off everywhere*

Top Bottom