• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

789shadow

Banned
  • BR is 2x Zoom, DMR is 3x Zoom in the leak build
  • Storm Rifle - directed energy covanant rifle. "sequel" to the plasma rifle (No scope, automatic fire, overheats)
  • Snow Level Confirmed Multiplayer Level
  • More Weapon Specific Assassinations
  • You can unlock the shotgun as a spawning weapons for your Loadout
  • Leaked Build has Achievements
  • First Person Kill Cams (From other Team's POV)
  • Hardlight Shield
  • 2 melee hits to kill from full health
  • BR recoil gets auto centred after a small duration (reticule resets back to default position after recoil makes it shift upwards)
  • Controls: dpad: select gernade. lb: use armor ability. left trigger: throw nade. back: scoreboard. right trigger: shoot. rb: melee. y: switch weapons. b: crouch. a: jump x: reload

Have I missed anything?
God awful stuff.

leak all mp stuff, but i hope that campaign and story related stuff is kept secret. im still pissed i knew about those fucking huge dino monsters in reach. it would have been awesome if those thing came as a surprise. i think thats what made ce awesome. after you get tired of killing and fighting covenant, flood come out of nowhere. same with 2. i had no idea about the brutes until i saw them

Duncan can I please request that you re-render the HaloGaf montage with the music from the Halo 4 leak? Or provide a download link so I can go do it? It needs to be done, and I would hate to take the glory and just go and use that music in a personal tage.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
According to dogcom on HBO,

Only very few guys within 343i and MS have played campaign levels. MS opened Multiplayer Beta February version for all staff to download last week.

Apparently lots of MS staff now have access to the internal Halo 4 beta?

Duncan can I please request that you re-render the HaloGaf montage with the music from the Halo 4 leak? Or provide a download link so I can go do it? It needs to be done, and I would hate to take the glory and just go and use that music in a personal tage.

They don't know the awesomeness that will potentially hit them. :p

Kuroyume

Banned
The DMR needs to be 3x otherwise there isn't much to dIfferentiate it from the BR other than the feel of shooting it. If you're dying a lot from the DMR perhaps you should get better at moving around.

senador

Banned
According to dogcom on HBO,

Apparently lots of MS staff now have access to the internal Halo 4 beta?

If true, why? That'd increase the chances of leaks exponentially regardless of NDA and throw off their reveal plan. Seems like a bad idea of true.

I for one hope there is no more of this until after its all revealed officially and we see high quality stuff. Let the leaks come between that and release as tasty morsels to whet our appetites.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani I think you missed the faster weapon switching. Watched it on my phone and so I'm not 100% sure but it did seem quicker to me.

If true, why? That'd increase thr chances of leaks exponentially regardless of NDA and throw off their reveal plan. Seems like a bad idea of true.

I for one hope there is no more of this until after its all revealed officially and we see high quality stuff. Let the leaks come between that and release as tasty morsels to whet our appetites.

I can say it is definitely true about there being an internal Beta, and Kotaku even confirmed it with MS.

TBH, most stuff in the build we likely know about, minus the snowy map. We may have not seen this stuff in action, but it really is tame. They probably planned for the possibility of a leak like this and really didn't stick too much in. Hopefully modders can't spoil all of the surprises in the code.

senador

Banned
I can say it is definitely true about there being an internal Beta, and Kotaku even confirmed it with MS.

TBH, most stuff in the build we likely know about, minus the snowy map. We may have not seen this stuff in action, but it really is tame. They probably planned for the possibility of a leak like this and really didn't stick too much in. Hopefully modders can't spoil all of the surprises in the code.

I wonder if it's all employees though. That's a big number.

I agree on the tame and details, but still, we have hardly seen the game in motion. Still odd I think. Oh well.

i bet it was leaked by a 343 employee. get people talking/hyped about halo 4 right before e3

Nah.

If true, why? That'd increase the chances of leaks exponentially regardless of NDA and throw off their reveal plan. Seems like a bad idea of true.

I think the most people do not want to lose their job at Microsoft, just for leaking some stuff of a video game.

GhaleonEB

i bet it was leaked by a 343 employee. get people talking/hyped about halo 4 right before e3

No sane developer would ever leak their game like this. If this was from someone from 343, they should be ashamed, and fired. (I don't think this was a 343 leak; worst case, some kid of a developer.) Developers and publishers want to show their game in the best possible light; anyone making anything wants it shown in the best possible light. People have been talking/hyped for E3 because Microsoft has been telling everyone that E3 is the proper Halo 4 reveal. They don't need a shitty "leaked" video to do that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Another potential leak source.

As i said before i was going to post this in the regs, but I'm giving it to you instead because i am not active anymore or know anything about the forum. You can completely ignore it, edit it, or full out copy and paste it to the H4 discussion if you think it's best.

cheers
\name removed by request/

Two nights at 12am I got a text from a good buddy of mine about how he got a beta trial for halo 4. I head over to his house an assume it's bullshit, but given that his dad works for Microsoft i let it slide and see what's up. Lo and behold, he has a working online beta of halo 4. If you google "halo 4" beta you'll see almost nothing about the release that happened last night or even youtube. The beta will be happening over the next week with a different playlist every day. I'm putting this in the regs cause this sounds very hush hush from his father and the ID's running across the screen at all times.

So for the breakdown of it. It was a single map Capture the Flag that my friends played over and over the entire night. First off lets start with the controls. I play bumper jumper and everything was shot to hell. Left trigger was now deploy equipment and grenade was now X. Sprint was A and change grenade was up on the D pad. Everything else was the same. The whole aspect of bumper jumper and not taking your thumbs off the sticks for the most important things(i.e grenades) is completely lost in the new layout.

Next let's talk about the loadouts. It is now similar to COD in the fact that you spawn with your weapons and almost none of them are on the map. You get 1 main weapon (AR, BR, DMR, shotty or Carbine) and 1 secondary (pistol, plasma pistol) and 3 customizable tactical/equipment options. I will try my best to remember all of them but no promises that I did not forget any. The choices are a auto turret, a field of view vision enhancement that sees through walls and objects to detect enemies, 2 main weapons(my personal favorite), faster shield recharge, a shield that deflects small damage, being able to use your radar when scoped in and a jetpack. Personally, I can't remember what goes in which category but we usually used the auto turret and 2 main weapons with DMR and BR. Also, sprint is now available in classes with the A button on bumper jumper. Now for the breakdown of the weapons, the BR is badass at medium range where at long to very long range the DMR is hands down the best one out of them. On the map, weapons drop down such as the needler, sniper and spartan laser at designated points instead of spawning. It seems like the sniper has the least auto aim out of any of the halos(1, 2 3 and reach) and is harder to use. With the auto turret, it seemed best to use it when someone was chasing you down around corners when you were one shot.

sorry if that shit is scattered and all over the place but if i remember more/ i go over and play some more i'll be sure to write more up.

Oh, and it was downloaded through XBL and is called "xbox dashboard" in his quickplay games so if you see anyone spending a lot of time in the dashboard, they could be in the beta.

Conor 419

Banned
Anyone get the feeling that at the end of the Microsoft E3 press conference they'll reveal that the Halo 4 beta is 'available, right now' as some kind of hardcore appeasement to make up for what's speculated to be a disastrous conference?

GhaleonEB

Sounds like instead of starting with DMR/BR/AR/Shotty/carbine and then a Pistol/PPistol as a side arm, you can start with two from the first list.

That's what I was thinking. Weapons can be categorized into primary and secondary, with a specialization option being to pick from two primaries, at the cost of being able to select different specialization.

Ken

Anyone get the feeling that at the end of the Microsoft E3 press conference they'll reveal that the Halo 4 beta is 'available, right now' as some kind of hardcore appeasement to make up for what's speculated to be a disastrous conference?

No.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

As awesome as that would be, absolutely not.

As much as I wish that would happen, there's no way

Conor 419

Banned
Thought it could have happened, I really can't see why they wont be testing Halo 4. Also, we'd had the Halo 3/Reach/Gears 3 betas by now.

Top Bottom