• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Retro

Who wants to celebrate the floodgates bursting with Reach customs late tonight? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Need to catch Game of Thrones when I get home but I'm thinking maybe around midnight EST.

I would be down for that, haven't had a chance to play with HaloGAF for a while. GT: Retrogames

senador

Banned
I've had a twitter for nearly 2 years. I never utilized it because I have a Facebook. I used it yesterday because there were no other ways to contact this guy.

But yeah, if I bothered you, I apologize. I do realize I was giving this guy all the attention he wanted, and I probably was a little obnoxious with the frequency of my posts and updates last night. And I'm not tweeting him again, unless he actively seeks me out, which I don't think he'd do.

HaloGAF bros>internet leakers

:)

Sorry to stir shit up.

Relying on sneaked cell phone pictures at a private gathering of NFL players and now a VHS tape being played in a barn to get Halo 4 information.

Microsoft has really knocked this PR cycle out of the park.

Agreed to some extent. I don't want all the info blown out, Reach showed too much, and it's pretty early still to devulge much info. I don't know that I blame them directly, but learning things in this manner is not fun, and I'm annoyed. :/

Homeboyd

Speaking of Invasion.. and Invasion Slayer..

You guys wouldn't happen to have any solid Invasion Slayer/Skirmish etc.. maps you've been working on would you? Not saying we're looking for them.. I just may have some interest in seeing them. Would help remedy some of the problems you're seeing with the current line-up if you brought them out.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
If there's one thing I can hand to the guy who leaked the video, it's his choice of the opening music. Same song from the Halo 3 Beta Last Resort leak. Fell in love with that song ever since.

TheOddOne

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Homeboyd

Any chance we may get at least a mention of Forge...?

*ducks*

Hey DAMMIT! I'm intrigued. I think it's going to be a late reveal again, but I hope it's at least mentioned.

Woorloog

Banned
Any chance we may get at least a mention of Forge...?

*ducks*

Hey DAMMIT! I'm intrigued. I think it's going to be a late reveal again, but I hope it's at least mentioned.

Probably not in the leaked beta? I mean, i'd imagine someone would have said something about it already?

Homeboyd

They said Forge will be back at the PAX Prime Halo 4 panel last year.
:) Yeah I know.. Like someone said above, I meant I wanted more info at E3 but guessed it would be held for a later reveal closer to launch. Never know when Frankie will pop his head in with a wink face or something.

Wouldn't it be cool if when you got a double kill, the medal had a circular meter around it that counted down the time until you could get a triple kill and on and on.

This is a great idea. Why hasn't it been quoted more? Please implement this 343, won't take long.

Is it me or do you get an extra half second to fit the next multi kill in when you have host? Often feels that way. Or, on a high latency connection, you get less than the alloted four seconds to get to the next kill? I've been on triples, killed a guy in what was surely less than 4 seconds and not got the over.

I don't think (nor do I want) Forge info at E3. They will want to show the big flashy gameplay and features at E3. Like Reach, I feel like Forge will probably be at PAX.

FyreWulff

This is a great idea. Why hasn't it been quoted more? Please implement this 343, won't take long.

Is it me or do you get an extra half second to fit the next multi kill in when you have host? Often feels that way. Or, on a high latency connection, you get less than the alloted four seconds to get to the next kill? I've been on triples, killed a guy in what was surely less than 4 seconds and not got the over.

It's a lot less consistent in asynch multiplayer, it seems. I think it all depends on when the host saw it, and they probably have some leeway in there to account for packet loss/ping time. For me, it always seems like vs multi it feels like I sometimes get an entire two bonus seconds to keep the kills going (in laggier games). It's probably not that long.

Firefight is very unforgiving due to lockstep. Your own box is determining if you get kills and such so there's no leeway from latency.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's Frank doing right now?

Oh wait, he's helping prepare the Halo 4 open beta

Believe!

I don't believe at all

zap

Just watch the full video on my PC now. Good stuff. Promethean vision looks pretty wild. Rockets shoot soooooooo slow! Wow, slowest I've ever seen in a Halo game. Fall damage seems to be in.

Wouldn't it be cool if when you got a double kill, the medal had a circular meter around it that counted down the time until you could get a triple kill and on and on.

This is a brilliant idea, I'm surprised this hasn't happened to be honest!

wwm0nkey

:) Yeah I know.. Like someone said above, I meant I wanted more info at E3 but guessed it would be held for a later reveal closer to launch. Never know when Frankie will pop his head in with a wink face or something.

I am betting comic-con or PAX is when they will show off Forge.

So anyway, as i mentioned earlier, countdown skirmish is hilariously broken. We managed to to spawn trap the blue team besides the air vents. Below is a segment of that match (in crappy cam fashion), this continued till the end pretty much.

The same thing happened in the next match on boardwalk as well!

Countdown skirmish broken gameplay.

So anyway, as i mentioned earlier, countdown skirmish is hilariously broken. We managed to to spawn trap the blue team besides the air vents. Below is a segment of that match (in crappy cam fashion), this continued till the end pretty much.

I dont know how you guys ended up in Invasion, but it kind of looks like it was worth it.

Ryaaan14

Banned

looooooooool

Also amazing how offscreen footage makes the lighting look absolutely phenominal.

Top Bottom