• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I wonder if the speed of the ordinance drop is dictated by what weapon you choose? Getting the rocket launcher in like, 2 seconds would be a ridiculously poor decision.

Okay the metric system is whatever but surely we can all agree that Celcius is the stupidest thing in the world.
Kelvin 4 lyfe.

Overdoziz

Banned
Why?

You get to skip it if you want to.
It can give the player who died intel which he not deserves in my opinion. If you die in Halo now you can only look around the place where you die or around your teammates. With killcams you can exactly see where your killer was and possibly his teammates from the killer's point of view. It's a small thing, but I'd rather not have killcams.

blamite

Hmmm water freezing at zero? It just feels too good to be stupid

I agree that you're wrong =P

But Celcius is based entirely on the boiling point of water. Fahrenheit is based on humans. Anything over, like, 60 in Celsius, you're dead. 85 in Fahrenheit is like 29.4 Celsius, and 95 is 35. There's a big difference between the two, but Celsius only gives you half as many whole numbers to use to articulate the difference.

Gui_PT

But Celcius is based entirely on the boiling point of water. Fahrenheit is based on humans. Anything over, like, 60 in Celsius, you're dead. 85 in Fahrenheit is like 29.4 Celsius, and 95 is 35. There's a big difference between the two, but Celsius only gives you half as many whole numbers to use to articulate the difference.

I don't deal with humans. My only frendz is water so that's all I need

A teammate cam upon death would actually make more sense, wouldn't it? Since the whole idea behind "instant" respawns is strategically timing your revival.

Right, that's what I was thinking. Also it would be more traditionally Halo as in team games we could always switch through our teammates cam's (but in 3rd person)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm still wondering if in the time between the instant you die and the time between you press the spawn button, the spawn location can change. Basically making it so that you can sorta choose where you spawn in a way. That would be pretty fucking awesome/crazy/wild/insane for competitive play.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm still wondering if in the time between the instant you die and the time between you press the spawn button, the spawn location can change. Basically making it so that you can sorta choose where you spawn in a way. That would be pretty fucking awesome/crazy/wild/insane for competitive play.

I'm sure it would change. If you die and sit there for like 10 seconds and an enemy has made his way over to your spawnpoint, it would be ridiculous to keep you spawning there.

Yeah the metric system is so stupid for making so much sense
imperial-system.jpg

hey at least we can build shit high and balance

The Rest of the World is giving me forge world vibes

I'm sure it would change. If you die and sit there for like 10 seconds and an enemy has made his way over to your spawnpoint, it would be ridiculous to keep you spawning there.

My hope is that you're still forced to respawn after a standard amount of time, you just have the option of going quicker.

"Robin Scherbatsky, not only are you wrong, but you are belligerently sticking to your guns, insulting me in the process. Robin Scherbatsky, you are an American!"

There's a meter on the left side of the screen that's filling up with each kill. The meter stays constant, even when he dies. When it fills up, the ordnance drop prompt comes up. So do these work like the Support Killstreaks from MW3?

Tashi

Right, that makes sense.

Well that's pretty damn exciting if the spawn system is similar to that of each Halo. You could purposely split spawns. It would require massive knowledge of the the map, spawn system and also require masterful in game awareness.

Right, that makes sense.

Well that's pretty damn exciting if the spawn system is similar to that of each Halo. You could purposely split spawns. It would require massive knowledge of the the map, spawn system and also require masterful in game awareness.

Yep, the "skill" we lose in weapon placement/timing, we could now potentially gain in slayer games with this new complex system.

Didn't Frankie say it's not as random as we think?

Yeah, but now there's tons of UI elements telling EVERYONE that the weapon is out there, so what I meant is people with the timing/placement knowledge no longer have the advantage over people who lack that knowledge.

So the spawn system becoming harder to master would definitely make up for this :)

Tashi

Yeah, but now there's tons of UI elements telling EVERYONE that the weapon is out there, so what I meant is people with the timing/placement knowledge no longer have the advantage over people who lack that knowledge.

So the spawn system becoming harder to master would definitely make up for this :)

Right but I'm worried about knowing when and where the weapon drops before it actually drops. That's the key. Edit: before the user is indicated by the HUD.

Overdoziz

Banned
Right, that makes sense.

You're gonna press X to respawn straight away and you know it. :p

I feel like I'm in a RoosterTeeth podcast here. Who cares if you have more numbers to articulate the difference? I know what 35 feels like, so what does the minutia of 95 or 96 matter?

I have a feeling instant spawns in Slayer will get changed after launch if not before. That's one of the things I just don't think will work. Surely the non hardcore Halo fans can't wait 2 or 3 seconds to respawn.

I have a feeling instant spawns in Slayer will get changed after launch if not before. That's one of the things I just don't think will work. Surely the non hardcore Halo fans can't wait 2 or 3 seconds to respawn.

just imagine lifts (like in construct or countdown).
a noob goes up lift and dies. instaspawn and goes up lift again. repeat cycle
overkill!!! on one person :)

FyreWulff

I want to play some Multi Team later tonight for more jackpot funtimes, but I just found Perfect Dark Zero and I feel an urge to play it for a bit.

Top Bottom