• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

But Celcius is based entirely on the boiling point of water. Fahrenheit is based on humans. Anything over, like, 60 in Celsius, you're dead. 85 in Fahrenheit is like 29.4 Celsius, and 95 is 35. There's a big difference between the two, but Celsius only gives you half as many whole numbers to use to articulate the difference.

Fahrenheit sucks.

Fahrenheit sucks.

Real men use the Delisle scale.

63010677956f0109c4b8a12a5c863cb2.png

679a3f079df98e13aa9b9998d666f74d.png

ade5a2d897e1d47e3c70556a1ea7e61a.png

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Well, some of the gaming headlines today are cracking me up.

"Halo 4 leaked on VHS".

Never thought I'd ever see that. Lol.

The original leak with just the three pictures was disappointing but the video, which will probably be the one remembered, was just so damm meta zany.

I mean shit, that headline will forever be remembered on here.

TheOddOne

What weirds me out about that video is that somebody recorded that video, put music on it, hooked up a TV and recorded it on a VHS tape. Then goes to a barn, references every Halo leak that ever happened and goes into Blair Witch project mode. I mean, no sane person could come up with this.

What weirds me out about that video is that somebody recorded that video, put music on it, hooked up a TV and recorded it on a VHS tape. Then goes to a barn, references every Halo leak that ever happened and goes into Blair Witch project mode. I mean, no sane person could come up with this.

I think you're on to something.

I'm going to check the local mental hospital for a Halo 4 beta, brb.

Shadders

I really think it could be viral marketing, there's just no good reason (other than to be a massive troll) to leak a video in this way. If you were a developer and wanted to get people talking about your game I can think of much worse and more expensive methods than this.

It's the guy's only video on YouTube, which could either be to preserve anonymity or because someone at MS created it recently. Also, it appears that MS have made no efforts to have the video taken down.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
HELL no. Let's not bring soundwhoring to Halo. Flanking people and sneaking up on them is and always has been super important, and adding player footsteps would really screw that up.

"Hell no" to improved sound functionality? Lol, you act like sneaking wouldn't be possible if you can hear people running around. I assure you people still sneak up on people all the time in games where you can hear other players very well.

kylej

Banned
RE: Footsteps

Reach has a pretty perfect balance. If you're listening for them (ie someone's in your base) you can hear it, but it's not loud enough that all you hear is stomping and clattering throughout the level.

Can I get a beta invite? I'd like to take a test drive.

Thanks 343.

Sorry, you care too much about the franchise. Gotta give it to boring bad people to play instead.

The cancelled 4 preorders (3 borderlands ultimate loot chest 1 darksiders 2) without giving any reason. I contacted customer support and they said they didnt know and sadly could not reorder them because they are out of stock. WTF

I preordered Borderlands 2 ULC before it was even announced they stocked it

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
RE: Footsteps

Reach has a pretty perfect balance. If you're listening for them (ie someone's in your base) you can hear it, but it's not loud enough that all you hear is stomping and clattering throughout the level.

No one is saying it needs to be over powering, but it should definitely be more pronounced.
As I said earlier other games get this right ( gears 3, bf3, cod) there's no reason halo can't.

Top Bottom