• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Frank, can you push for an MLG playlist to be available at launch? I don't want to deal with autosentries and light shields.

Then MLG would need access to the game early. It would also need playtesters. More than just pros.

It's kind of a nightmare for all involved. MLG gametypes don't grow on trees.

Overdoziz

Banned
Halo as we know it is gone.
ibvgXIBgDzJCtC.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just make a public beta! It's not too late!

I still don't understand how a beta didn't happen.

"Hey guys, this game's looking completely different than other Halos. We should probably do a beta to gauge fan reactions before we ship this"

"Nah, we're good"

"You're sure? This is a pretty important decision"

"You're going to have to trust me on this one."

You know, I wonder if people would be more accepting of all this stuff if CoD didn't do it first.. The game will still play like Halo, and as long as there isn't anything that gives you more shields or bullet damage I think I will enjoy this stuff. Seems like a logical progression of both equipment and AAs.

There is a lot more stuff than I was expecting, AA and the specilizations. The wealth of options available to the player to customise seems pretty large.

Yeah, you're telling me. Wow.

Im kinda hyped.

CyReN

'MLG' is ust the term for the super competitive side of Halo. The company moved on, but the players haven't. Call it THC playlist, either way.

I rather not have it called THC.

I just want it to be competitive settings by people that care and listen to the community, we can't have it down to 1-2 people determining a playlist. That's my 2 cents on it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't think you can actually spawn with a shotgun. That dude said a star next to something meant it was locked. In those pics, it's a lock sign. The star, I would guess, means you just unlocked something.

So there's that.

For those saying "MLG do this, MLG do that". You are preaching to people that left gametesting to THC now, they've moved on from Halo.

Seriously?

MLG stripping away all the fluff is my big hope with this game, with the movement we have seen the base gameplay could be awesome if the gun mechanics are good. Would suck if these perks ruined that. In really hoping for a stripped down playlist, would be a shame If we had to rely on 343 rather than MLG for that.

If MLG is done with halo I just don't see halo 4 being the game to bring them back based on the limited info we have, roll on e3 :/

I rather not have it called THC.

I just want it to be competitive settings by people that care and listen to the community, we can't have it down to 1-2 people determining a playlist. That's my 2 cents on it.

Agreed. I meant that MLG Halo is simply more to do with those settings than the company behind it. As long as the settings are there for the community we all know is there, I'll be happy.

You know, I wonder if people would be more accepting of all this stuff if CoD didn't do it first.. The game will still play like Halo, and as long as there isn't anything that gives you more shields or bullet damage I think I will enjoy this stuff. Seems like a logical progression of both equipment and AAs.

Yes and no. I think people would still be nervous of balance issues as people don't start on level playing field, but it would have been something new and exciting.

I really haven't see anything in Halo 4 that made me go "wow," besides the graphics, but in all honesty I would take Halo 2 gameplay over pretty graphics. Hopefully I'll see something good at E3

And so it should be.

why?

I'm thinking the Regeneration Field will be just like the Regenerator from Halo 3.

You could not have said anything more terrifying.
tumblr_lliu2zmKsY1qdf6w8o1_r1_400.gif

For those saying "MLG do this, MLG do that". You are preaching to people that left gametesting to THC now, they've moved on from Halo.

Is there a chance that the MLG playlist gets updated with settings from this testing, or is it basically being done just in case MLG wants to pick up Reach again in the summer or fall?

Also, this environment looks pretty awesome.
Nn7xz.jpg

TheOddOne

It's fair for people to be this skeptical though, Reach has soured us with its Armor Abilities. Halo 4 going deeper and more complex into AA’s is worrying, how fast before we see it being exploited? Time will tell.

ElRenoRaven

Is there a chance that the MLG playlist gets updated with settings from this testing, or is it basically being done just in case MLG wants to pick up Reach again in the summer or fall?

Yes he could. He could say one word.

ARMORLOCK

Striker

Regen was fucking terrible. One of the worst things they've ever added to the series, ever.

Curious to what these unknown ones will be. Of course we all have ideas and theories, but I hope either during or after the E3 event they release a vidoc relating to the mods and new AA's.

G17

Oddly enough I am hyped more than ever to try it out (to see if all this will actually work as a competitive multiplayer game). I think it's because it's gotten to the point that it's so different than the original games that now we finally have to accept it.

Remains to be seen whether dozens of different "rock paper scissors" matches going on at one moment from the perks to the AA's will make a great game or will ruin it..

Myyke

Neo Member
But 4 is a mainline sequel, not a spinoff sequel. :p

Reach is just as much a full-experience "flagship" title as Halo 1, 2 and 3. I consider the gameplay additions in Reach to have positively influenced my enjoyment of the game and I think the series needed those changes. To simply ignore Reach and base the progression of the gameplay from Halo 3 would be (IMO) a needless step backwards.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's fair for people to be this skeptical though, Reach has soured us with its Armor Abilities. Halo 4 going deeper and more complex into AA’s is worrying, how fast before we see it being exploited? Time will tell.

Oh man, just imagine enemy teams making a phalanx with Spartan shields

Or regenerative bubble shield things combined with hardlight shields

CyReN

That depends on MLG, since the game isn't on the circuit then the settings are at a standstill. Since Killa KC runs it and is paid to do games on the circuit it won't continue. This isn't a knock on him btw, it makes sense. So with that APK (a pretty known Forger) contacted him to see if we could do testing if it does come back for MLG Raleigh so it isn't a scramble to find settings like they did with Columbus.

A bunch of us are going to be working on settings at the launch of Halo 4 to get something the community likes for competitive players, we don't want to become MLG v2/we aren't doing tourneys, we just want whats best at heart for our respective community with passion, care, and feedback as a whole.

m23

Ah man. I don't really know what to say. I'll till be getting the game of course, campaign has always been the main draw for me in Halo, and I doubt they will disappoint in that area. Multiplayer wise, I think we have seen the last of Halo, as we know it.

The main issue have right now is the modifications, 2 primary weapons? Are they serious?
My friend and I were joking around about getting killstreaks and obtaining a MAC cannon, lo and behold it becomes reality (except the killstreak). I know its not a MAC cannon, but same idea lol.

None of this stuff pisses me off TBH. The only thing that does is the fact that map spawning weapons are going to be virtually gone, it just doesn't seem right not to have sub-power weapons spread across the map. Im fine with power weapons being dropped in, but I wish things like DMRs, Needlers, shotguns would have fixed spawns.

But there is no health meter in Halo 4, so it'll probably regenerate shields, which sounds broken as an AA IMO.

Regen wasn't awful in Halo 3, at least IMO. I imagine it should work something like that, though it will be interesting to see how it will play out with non limited use.

Top Bottom