• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

1335787235-21289.gif

I'm with Ghaleon on this one!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They are also going by the leaked loadouts, perks and armor abilities.

The complaints are pretty valid given what we know at this point. Everyone SHOULD be worried.

They took the things people hated about 3 and Reach and combined them (Equipment and armor abilities) then threw in perks and loadouts ontop of it.

I have my likes and dislikes about what I see so far, but I also know none of this has been officially revealed so that 343 can talk about how it all works and how this stuff is balanced. I just refuse to stress over leaked videos with no information. Maybe that's just me.

The complaints are pretty valid given what we know at this point. Everyone SHOULD be worried.

They took the things people hated about 3 and Reach and combined them (Equipment and armor abilities) then threw in perks and loadouts ontop of it.

I dont want to get into a big debate about this but i dont think people hated AA's and equipments so much as they hated the AA's and equipment we got.

Armor lock for example.

The current AA's look much less intrusive that previous AA's.
Loadouts are something im looking forward to i cant see a big reason they would hurt the flow of multiplayer and it seems like it could be better for certain playlists and cater to everyone much easier, Hate the AR ? Never spawn with it again. Fine the DMR hard to use? Spawn with a BR.
Perks could go either way, if none provide a large advantage over another then im fine with i, Even if one is better than the rest the majority of the good players will start using that one relatively early on.

The most important thing is movement speed and how the game flows, reach stopped the game flowing because of things like AL it effectively paused combat with its removal and the focus on shifting people into areas of the map with power weapons spawns im such the games will flow much better than previous.

daedalius

I thought I just hated the shitty ones, like armor lock and jetpack, and regenerator in 3.

I didn't realize I hated all of them, news to me.

If something else leaks, I'm probably out too. I want to see Campaign and Spec Ops in glorious HD (or at least taken by something better than a camera from 1999).

Woorloog

Banned
If something else leaks, I'm probably out too. I want to see Campaign and Spec Ops in glorious HD (or at least taken by something better than a camera from 1999).

Unlikely those will leak from the MS internal beta... isn't the multiplayer only thing available on it at the moment?

Redford

aka Cabbie
Most of this feels like Reach 2.0, instead of a brand new set of problems. So long as there is a place for tradition, at least H4 will be pretty familiar.

feel

Tears are delicious. Especially since all we've seen is a crappy leak video. Frankie must be laughing at how many people are crying doom after a terrible leak like that.
Why wouldn't people judge the game with these leaks?? The gameplay is mostly not affected by the terrible video/picture quality. The Reach+MW on steroids gameplay is quite clear.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I thought I just hated the shitty ones, like armor lock and jetpack, and regenerator in 3.

I didn't realize I hated all of them, news to me.

You're "all people?" That's news to me.

Nobody was talking about you.

I dont want to get into a big debate about this but i dont think people hated AA's and equipments so much as they hated the AA's and equipment we got.

Armor lock for example.

The current AA's look much less intrusive that previous AA's.
Loadouts are something im looking forward to i cant see a big reason they would hurt the flow of multiplayer and it seems like it could be better for certain playlists and cater to everyone much easier, Hate the AR ? Never spawn with it again. Fine the DMR hard to use? Spawn with a BR.
Perks could go either way, if none provide a large advantage over another then im fine with i, Even if one is better than the rest the majority of the good players will start using that one relatively early on.

The most important thing is movement speed and how the game flows, reach stopped the game flowing because of things like AL it effectively paused combat with its removal and the focus on shifting people into areas of the map with power weapons spawns im such the games will flow much better than previous.

The thing is we don't know any of that yet.

What we do know is what was broken/sucked in Reach and Halo 3, and some people are using past behavior to indicate future behavior.

I have my likes and dislikes about what I see so far, but I also know none of this has been officially revealed so that 343 can talk about how it all works and how this stuff is balanced. I just refuse to stress over leaked videos with no information. Maybe that's just me.

Like I said though, it's not just based off of the video, but also a bothersome list of other shit that's being added.

Why wouldn't people judge the game with these leaks?? The gameplay is mostly not affected by the terrible video/picture quality. The Reach+MW on steroids gameplay is quite clear.

Because we don't know what drawbacks any of this stuff has. We dn't know when things can be used during a match. How often can they be used? Cool downs? You say things like autoturrets but that could be anything. Would it be like Johnson's portable turet or something like the little floating guns in Mass Effect 3. We see a lot of names, brief glimpses and we know just that. How much damage can the hard light shield take? How often do ordinance drops occur?

Are you going to judge the game before you can even answer any of these questions? Suit yourself but that ain't me.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Because we don't know what drawbacks any of this stuff has. We dn't know when things can be used during a match. How often can they be used? Cool downs? You say things like autoturrets but that could be anything. Would it be like Johnson's portable turet or something like the little floating guns in Mass Effect 3. We see a lot of names, brief glimpses and we know just that. How much damage can the hard light shield take? How often do ordinance drops occur?

Are you going to judge the game before you can even answer any of these questions? Suit yourself but that ain't me.

Exactly.

You can say I don't like this or that, but we have no idea how it all fits together yet.

feel

I want it to be the best thing ever even if it's nothing like the past Halo games I've loved, I will judge the game when I actually play it, and I will try my best at being open minded when that time comes. For now I'm just judging what we got, not my fault 343i is handling the multi-player information drop the way they are and letting a misguided picture of the game being painted in our minds and then just walk in occasionally to mock us. Wild jumping to conclusions is part of the pre-release puzzle building fun, people who can't stand uninformed opinions should just stop reading the forums until after the game comes out.

If anything, you guys should be watching Nutter's post:
That's cute

I want it to be the best thing ever even if it's nothing like the past Halo games I've loved, I will judge the game when I actually play it, and I will try my best at being open minded when that time comes. For now I'm just judging what we got, not my fault 343i is handling the multi-player information drop the way they are and letting a misguided picture of the game being painted in our minds and then just walk in occasionally to mock us. Wild jumping to conclusions is part of the pre-release puzzle building fun, people who can't stand uninformed opinions should just stop reading the forums until after the game comes out.

Why not just be open minded throughout and save yourself the stress?

We know the dance. We know we won't get anything until E3. Even then, things will be left up to our imagination until they reveal more before November.

I won't be having fun until November and even then I might not depending on how the game actually plays. Until then, I certainly won't get stressed over unconfirmed info or a lack of info.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

We know the dance. We know we won't get anything until E3. Even then, things will be left up to our imagination until they reveal more before November.

I won't be having fun until November and even then I might not depending on how the game actually plays. Until then, I certainly won't get stressed over unconfirmed info or a lack of info.

I think most people were open minded with Reach, until it burned them. It's the whole "fool me once" thing.

^ That's a big part of it. Something expected even.
I want it to be the best thing ever even if it's nothing like the past Halo games I've loved, I will judge the game when I actually play it, and I will try my best at being open minded when that time comes. For now I'm just judging what we got, not my fault 343i is handling the multi-player information drop the way they are and letting a misguided picture of the game being painted in our minds and then just walk in occasionally to mock us. Wild jumping to conclusions is part of the pre-release puzzle building fun,
That's cute
Perhaps wildly goes a bit far, but I agree. People should feel free to express how they feel about the information in front of them.
They'll be lining up to judge the final product just like everyone else.

I think the big difference is your a lot more open minded than most here, including myself, and by that I simply mean you enjoy Reach and potentially would go on to enjoy other mechanics? The type of mechanics your open minded to just seem wrong to other people.

Others here are less open minded, we see stuff we dont like the idea of and make educated guesses on what we see. Not sure I see the problem with that. Sure, people are going to be off the mark, but you cant expect people not to talk, or be critical. Im willing to bet that as many comments here will be spot on about the game as the comments that are totally off base.

So people are leaving the thread, eh? I'm going to be king of HaloGAF before I know it! I'll be here all week talking about pretty much anything except Halo.

I think most people were open minded with Reach, until it burned them. It's the whole "fool me once" thing.

Who got burned?

People who had their expectations closer to the sun.

Who didn't get burned?

Everyone else with more down to earth expectations.

By all means, judge what you see whenever you see it. Reach didn't burn a lot of people as many enjoyed it then and still enjoy it now. If anything, Reach should teach you to keep your expectations in check. Maybe these leaks are the flashing red sirens for you. You have different wants to me.

Who got burned?

Who didn't get burned?

By all means, judge what you see whenever you see it. Reach didn't burn a lot of people as many enjoyed it then and still enjoy it now. If anything, Reach should teach you to keep your expectations in check. Maybe these leaks are the flashing red sirens for you. You have different wants to me.

There where so many good strong posts in those early Reach threads on why the game felt like a burn, I mean I know you don't like hyperbolic posts and all but the people posting some level of criticism towards Reach was across the spectrum from the super competitive to people like Ghaleon who posted some very well worded stuff.

You would have to be a machine to not want to react to stuff you see.

I think a problem with Halo, and even games in general, is that people have this view before a game is shown of how they want it to be. I'm sure everyone here, if they were in complete control of designing Halo 4, would make it somewhat different from the next person. So when the game is finally revealed or details come out, it doesn't match what people had in their mind of what the game should be like. This almost always leads to people complaining because it's not what they want. I mean I completely understand it and am not hating on anyone for doing this, I'm just saying this is always what happens.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If anything, Reach should teach you to keep your expectations in check. Maybe these leaks are the flashing red sirens for you. You have different wants to me.

That's exactly what it's doing to people and the point I was trying to get across. That's exactly what's going on that you're commenting about. People are being VERY cautious/skeptical about what they are seeing.

Havok

Exactly.

You can say I don't like this or that, but we have no idea how it all fits together yet.
Speculation is fun. Couching it as either "lol space cod" or "everything will be perfect just wait and see!" are equally stupid approaches to doing so, but people are always going to draw conclusions from what's presented. Can't say I blame them, given that we know more about the preorder bonuses for the game than the game itself.

Whatever I'm done.
Until the next time you fall for one of the same three things by the same few people.

Who got burned?

Who didn't get burned?

Who got burned? People who expected a good Halo game. And that shouldn't be that much to expect.

Top Bottom