• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Dug

Banned
Wasn't there going to be a reveal or something today? I remember someone linking to a post that said "16 sleeps until your mind is blown" or something like that.

You've assumed that HaloGAF is comprised of Halo's most dedicated fans. That's kind of arrogant. It's also arrogant to think whatever consensus people here might come to would amount to what's best for the game.

What? He never said anything about HaloGaf having the most dedicated fans. He's not being arrogant at all...

Wasn't there going to be a reveal or something today? I remember someone linking to a post that said "16 sleeps until your mind is blown" or something like that.

Well, we did get something today, and you could say minds were blown. Only not in a positive way...

Overdoziz

Banned
i7hVaVzqp6XJG.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I didn't say I liked the AR. I hate it and barely use it. But that's why AR starts are good, promotes map movement to pick up other weapons.

So does DMR/BR starts. Afterall, you need to get those power weapons.

Some people aren't as easily annoyed as many members of HaloGAF seem to be.

It's just a piece of shit automatic weapon, it's not only boring, but it's a skill-less weapon.

J10

Banned
What? He never said anything about HaloGaf having the most dedicated fans. He's not being arrogant at all...

Sure he is.

To be honest, only thing keeping me optimistic about Halo 4's multiplayer is that the Franchise Development Director is a regular poster here, and knows exactly what Halo's dedicated fans want most.

He didn't use the word 'most,' true. But he implied that HaloGAF was the crowd that 343 should be listening to if they're listening to anybody. How is that not arrogant?

It's just a piece of shit automatic weapon, it's not only boring, but it's a skill-less weapon.

Sorry, it slipped my mind for a bit that there was only one correct opinion.

No, the AR does not take skill. But I personally don't find it boring, as it promotes a somewhat different playstyle than the DMR does. No, I would not play it every match. But once in a while, it makes for a nice change of pace.

Blinding

I wish. Besides, the internal beta can't be that much fun - everyone you'd expect to be playing it just spends all their time at the Xbox 360 dashboard.

The funny thing is that it's obvious to spot those who are playing the beta, since they don't sort in with those on your friends list that are actually in their dashboards, nevermind the whole joinable thing. You'd think they'd try to hide it a bit better. lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You also don't need to look for power weapons if you start with them.

Are you paying attention? Are you not noticing that what you're saying eliminates the "move around the map" portion of the conversation?

Seems like you came in here just in time to try to stir up some shit.

There's where we disagree. Layered gameplay yo.

I just don't see AR as "good" play. It's nothing but spam/melee garbage. There's no display of skill/aim involved when compared with BR/DMR battles.

But you're right, if you enjoy it, you enjoy it. But I despise it to the highest degree.

senador

Banned
Subscriptions FTW, saves a lot of time and hassle. I'm going to try to bail out too, I'm not having fun learning things via leaks. Haz fun.

Sure he is.

He didn't use the word 'most,' true. But he implied that HaloGAF was the crowd that 343 should be listening to if they're listening to anybody. How is that not arrogant?

Well if your going to interpret it that way go ahead. You're forcing it imo.

Seems more like he was just saying Frankie can comment on things as opposed to other forums, and he knows his Halo, the Halo that the hardcore fanbase wanted. I havent been on Gaf for that long, but if HaloGaf had any input, or it's members felt they did, the game would be drastically different then it is.

Ok, ok, I worded the expectations analogy badly. Terrible analogy really. My bad.

For what it's worth I would have given you a polite nod of understanding if I could hear you over the lag <3

I'm seriously tempted to go dark myself, the more I hear about this game the worse I feel about it, work and other stuff has probably made me more negative than I should be. Shitty leaks just don't seem worth it when the official footage is so soon. If that confirms worst fears im still getting the damn game lol. I still reserve my right to bitch about the game if it turns out its going in a direction I don't like. :p

Ryaaan14

Banned
I just don't see AR as "good" play. It's nothing but spam/melee garbage. There's no display of skill/aim involved when compared with BR/DMR battles.

But you're right, if you enjoy it, you enjoy it. But I despise it to the highest degree.

I already said I hate the AR. I don't have fun using it under any circumstance other than playing campaign. The fuck bro.

Overdoziz

Banned
Sorry, it slipped my mind for a bit that there was only one correct opinion.

No, the AR does not take skill. But I personally don't find it boring, as it promotes a somewhat different playstyle than the DMR does. No, I would not play it every match. But once in a while, it makes for a nice change of pace.
Nope, your opinion is wrong.
Fx8JB.jpg

That's one hell of a dashboard!
On Xbox.com it's like that for everyone on the dashboard.

daedalius

If that regeneration field works anything like the fucking regenerator from Halo 3, I think I'll just stay the hell away from any playlists with loadouts. Coming up against that thing was way worse than armor lock because not only were they invincible, they could shoot back.

And now they can just drop it down wherever and whenever they want since its an armor ability.

Exactly the same as Halo 3 regenerator confirmed.

J10

Banned
Are you paying attention? Are you not noticing that what you're saying eliminates the "move around the map" portion of the conversation?

Seems like you came in here just in time to try to stir up some shit.

Right, because everybody spawning with power weapons automatically means nobody moves. And disagreeing that AR starts sucks is stirring up shit. I forgot. My bad.

Actually, not my bad. Fuck the insular bullshit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I already said I hate the AR. I don't have fun using it under any circumstance other than playing campaign. The fuck bro.

You're right, my mistake, you're disagreement with "good gameplay" made me forget that.

I just don't know why you would subject yourself to the AR to "layer" the gameplay.

Right, because everybody spawning with power weapons automatically means nobody moves. And disagreeing that AR starts sucks is stirring up shit. I forgot. My bad.

Actually, not my bad. Fuck the insular bullshit.

AR conversation in addition to you trying to pick a fight with Francas is you trying to stir shit. Now added with your "insular bullshit" comment tells me all I need to know.

As for "nobody moving" you're not understanding "forcing" people to move around the map to get better weapons as opposed to "moving around the map." But that's understandable since you're 1. Coming in here picking fights and 2. jumping into conversations adding your opinion with little to no understanding of what's being discussed.

I'm just gonna put you on ignore to save myself the hassle in the future.

J10

Banned
Well if your going to interpret it that way go ahead. You're forcing it imo.

Seems more like he was just saying Frankie can comment on things as opposed to other forums, and he knows his Halo, the Halo that the hardcore fanbase wanted. I havent been on Gaf for that long, but if HaloGaf had any input, or it's members felt they did, the game would be drastically different then it is.

Yeah, and it's obvious if you've been here more than five minutes that HaloGAF in general thinks it knows what's best for Halo. So you can imagine why I interpreted him that way.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You're right, my mistake, you're disagreement with "good gameplay" made me forget that.

I just don't know why you would subject yourself to the AR to "layer" the gameplay.

Because this:

Game starts. You have your 50lb steel Windex bottle. You are going to lose every fight against another player who went to the trouble to pick up a midrange weapon or a power weapon. You are motivated not only to pickup power weapons as you would in ANY game, but you are conscious of your current weapon selection. It gives you a list of priorities instead of "KILL DUDE, PICK UP ROCKETS, KILL MOAR DUDES".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What happened to Captain Blood?

He probably got slapped with an NDA reminder when he mentioned he's playing the beta. I imagine he will resurface soon.

Because this:

Game starts. You have your 50lb steel Windex bottle. You are going to lose every fight against another player who went to the trouble to pick up a midrange weapon or a power weapon. You are motivated not only to pickup power weapons as you would in ANY game, but you are conscious of your current weapon selection. It gives you a list of priorities instead of "KILL DUDE, PICK UP ROCKETS, KILL MOAR DUDES".

The problem becomes what if you're the guy who couldn't get one because everyone else got to them first.

Now you're stuck with a shit weapon and it's not fun at all. Plus gameplay with the AR is shit in general.

I'd prefer to start with a competitive chance and the ability to still have fun while fighting over the really good shit.

I understand your logic though.

For what it's worth I would have given you a polite nod of understanding if I could hear you over the lag <3

I'm seriously tempted to go dark myself, the more I hear about this game the worse I feel about it, work and other stuff has probably made me more negative than I should be. Shitty leaks just don't seem worth it when the official footage is so soon. If that confirms worst fears im still getting the damn game lol. I still reserve my right to bitch about the game if it turns out its going in a direction I don't like. :p

Please refrain from bitching in my direction when you get the game. :p

I heard ZalinKrow was a good listener!

Why are people bailing, single player possible leaks or want to be shocked at E3?

Because Ghaleon did. He did it before it went mainstream. Why do folks feel the need to announce their absence from the thread for the next six days? I can understand Ghaleon as he starts the threads but the rest?

Also, played some BTB earlier. It was a coin flip of getting players that made it literally impossible to win no matter how well you played or playing against them.

Picture2-1.png

Picture4-1.png

Picture3-2.png

Those were just the slayer games...

My friend, a previous Halo-only nut who now exclusively plays BF3 unless I'm on, said to me over the mic "Wow, now I remember why I stopped playing this game". The context? The game had just started and we were already something like 12-1 down surrounded by red X's, with the previous games -22 millstone still sore in the memory. It's a very serious problem which turns people away from the game.

Top Bottom