• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
In a week you will stand next to Geoff Keighley, wear a by god created sweatshirt and talk about your project. Behind the stage, your boss will say that he is proud. Thousand of peoples will see the creation, you and your team worked so long for. How does that feel, David? How does this moment feel?

He's lucky, Geoff Keighley is so dreamy

Myyke

Neo Member
Also, played some BTB earlier. It was a coin flip of getting players that made it literally impossible to win no matter how well you played or playing against them...

Hmmm, I know that feel.......

Cc7hi.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

In case you all missed Urk's rendition of my bubble bigfoot screen grab mystery in the other thread. I know many of you don't visit there much.

57f6bccdead0a8c7eec68b41e53d347583ebb628.jpg

That is amazing.

I have videos saved of my first time through "Sierra 117" and part of "Crow's Nest." Here's what I did the first time I tackled the Brute hallway:

1. Didn't noticed, and so completely bypassed, the rack of shotguns next to the entrance.
2. Killed the two Brute "scouts" at the start and used the gravity lifts to jump up to the second floor. Then I stumble my way to a weapons rack and pick up a shotgun.
3. I fight off a number of brave Brutes with the shotgun.
4. Chieftain comes after me. I fire a couple of shotgun rounds at him, and throw him off by deploying another gravity lift in his path. I eventually die by a hammer swing.
5. Next life I immediately attack the two Brute scouts.
6. I stay on the first level for far longer but move up to the second level again. I make better use of the side rooms this time.
7. I take out more of the Brute squad before the Chieftain decides to challenge me. In my ignorance I try to stick him a couple of times. Bastard! He forces me back to the first floor, and a hammer swing propels me back to the second. I kill him by unloading the AR into him, and use his gravity hammer to kill the final Brute.

Interesting to look at your first run through a game. Almost like playing it for the first time again. I think this was the easiest time I've had taking out the Brutes here. Now I'm just too careless lol.

Man, that is awesome, now I really wish I had saved films of some of my first times.. I will be sure to do that with Halo 4. If video rendering ever comes up again you should try to get it rendered, or hey, put it in your fileshare, I kinda wanna watch and see if it brings back memories.

dashboard betaz!?[img]

That's one hell of a dashboard![/QUOTE]

That bastard... =([spoiler] Nah, its cool, for real. Hope people don't pester those playing it, it could create awkward situations [/spoiler]

[quote="Kibbles, post: 38280149"]I'm going to go idle at the dashboard and pretend like I'm playing. foreveralone.jpg actually I'm at work on this lovely memorial day. :-([/QUOTE]
All of Halogaf should do this and then make a post on waypoint saying we are all playing it.

[quote="Mister Negative, post: 38280188"][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ffc_ZfWFw[/url]

...Wow.

I really wanna try this.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, thats a lot of work. Why in the world was there a fully modeled and textured room in there anyways? haha

[quote="xxjuicesxx, post: 38280933"]How is everyone confused lol.

Why the fuck did you think I asked for a beta invite last night?

People are actually playing a version of H4 right now. This is happening.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but tbh its pretty low key. I doubt very many will honestly get a chance to play, and those that will are likely already playing.

[quote="Domino Theory, post: 38281055"]Man, Halo 4's had its reveals in the wackiest ways. Initial information meltdown came from the Waypoint forums, initial reveal of the BR, Chief redesign, and new enemies came from toys and now 2barns1vhs reveals new gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its kinda been sloppy in terms of reveals, I hope everything from here on out packs a better punch.

[quote="Slightly Live, post: 38281202"]

Where are the new leaks at? I demand new, badly taken screenshots on the hour every hour until E3.[/QUOTE]

I wont lie, the leaks entertaining me a ton, though not always for the right reasons. I hope for some more MP fun...hell even menu screens and music would kick ass.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So I'm bored and playing around on live.xbox.com, and it is pretty fucking incredible how many mutual friends I have with people who I had no idea knew each other.

Xbox Live should have some sort of "Friend Suggestions" thing like Facebook for stuff like this. Craaaazy.

Tashi

So I'm bored and playing around on live.xbox.com, and it is pretty fucking incredible how many mutual friends I have with people who I had no idea knew each other.

Xbox Live should have some sort of "Friend Suggestions" thing like Facebook for stuff like this. Craaaazy.

Baby steps. We need a Friends List over 100.

Holy balls. I hope they announce this next week at E3. That would be a megaton. Then I could add all you little nerds without having to remove anyone lol

Woorloog

Banned
lol wow.

The little plus signs. Click as many as you want on as many pages as you want. Then hit reply

I've always just assumed they were a part of the visual style or something. I realised what they were and how they worked (not the first board i'm part of after all) the moment i read your post...

EDIT i've always just quoted each post i wanted to reply, and copied and pasted the messages when i needed to, uh, multiquote...

CyReN

Baby steps. We need a Friends List over 100.

Holy balls. I hope they announce this next week at E3. That would be a megaton. Then I could add all you little nerds without having to remove anyone lol

That's the only reason I supported cutting OG Xbox, I miss my Halo 2:(

blamite

BNASD.png

This is someone who is definitely not in any kind of beta. A silver account on my console, in fact.

Point is, I wouldn't take "playing Xbox Dashboard" at anything other than face value.

Tashi

Every so often I start aching for the "Tashi" Gamertag.

This is one of those times.

It would be so fulfilling.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
BNASD.png

This is someone who is definitely not in any kind of beta. A silver account on my console, in fact.

Point is, I wouldn't take "playing Xbox Dashboard" at anything other than face value.

Well, the other one said "playing Xbox 360 dashboard."

So I have no idea either way.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Live needs a Friend's List increase and gifting (games, items, and MS Points).

In other words, it needs to play catch up with features expected almost half a decade ago.

BNASD.png

Its last page I think...

Anyone can get it to say that. The people who are playing it says Xbox 360 Dashboard.

Threaad moves way too fast for the working folks. Ninja'd a bunch lol.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Outing or helping to out people playing the internal beta? That's pretty damm low.

We got leaks all up this place. Better things to talk about.

So, is this info new, and if so, is it legit?
(Google translated from Italian)

I guess the question would be to ask where the pictures from earlier came from..if it was indeed this site, then that should be legit new info.

Blinding

No one is "outing" anyone. At least that wasn't my intention personally. Especially considering people pointed it out on the HaloGAF facebook first.

I pointed it out there since I figured it wouldn't be okay to point it out here considering how much more public it is.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You assholes need to just use your GAF usernames as gamertags, or vice versa. It is nearly impossible for me to remember who's who on XBL.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Blinding

You assholes need to just use your GAF usernames as gamertags, or vice versa. It is nearly impossible for me to remember who's who on XBL.

I've never played with you, but if it makes you feel better, my gamertag is my username, just with a few extra g's at the end.

Top Bottom