• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

ScriptNo for Chrome works well.
This is good to know.
I'm not sure about NoScript, but you can switch between tabs with Ctrl+Tab for the next tab, Ctrl+shift+Tab for the previous tab, and Ctrl+1 through 9 for a specific tab (not sure how that works for more then 9 tabs. >>;;)
I know about Chrome's crazyland keyboard "shortcut" for it and it's bonkers. Highlighting a tab and passing through them with left/right arrow is much more convenient.

Celestial ?

Are you talking as a map name or as an adjective for heavenly? I think Wu or someone who played that build of Halo 4 along with NFL members name-dropped Icarus as the new title of Wraparound, which is why I mentioned it. Otherwise, yeah, anything celestial/solar/etc would be a good place to start guessing.

Are you talking as a map name or as an adjective for heavenly? I think Wu or someone who played that build of Halo 4 along with NFL members name-dropped Icarus as the new title of Wraparound, which is why I mentioned it. Otherwise, yeah, anything celestial/solar/etc would be a good place to start guessing.

They did? i dont remember that Icarus would be a nice name for the map.

I was just spitballing ideas

Wait, did NFL guys really say Icarus was the name? As soon as 343 announced Wraparound I have been pushing for Icarus as the final name, if I actually ended up guessing it that would be awesome.

Now they just need to name the announcement trailer gun the 'Missile Pistol' and my life will be complete.

I honestly don't care either way what the map names are. I don't think I've ever thought to myself "Wow, this name got through?" for a map in a released game. They're just names. It can be just about anything.

Ryaaan14

Banned
AR starts are best starts, Icarus is a bad map name, Snowbound was a great map, Grifball is awesome, Halo 2 multiplayer was bad
MINUS THE MAPS!

2an65.jpg

kylej

Banned
AR starts are best starts, Icarus is a bad map name, Snowbound was a great map, Grifball is awesome, Halo 2 multiplayer was bad
MINUS THE MAPS!

don't you refer to Shiska by his real name and you thought EazyB was mean? You're either from Bnet or HBO so I'm not really surprised.

MINUS THE MAPS!

2an65.jpg

AR starts aint the devil
Icarus is a mediocre map name
Snowbound was a great map
Griffball is a shitty playlist that needs to return to weekend only stuff (so should zombies)
Halo 2 multiplayer was great with the exception of glitches.

Eh it invokes nothing of "heaven" to me. I cant say id be really pleased with it.

Warhouse is going to be called something like Diffusion i think

I think Warhouse sounds okay (as in passable, not good per se) so I'm interested to see what the real name is. They could be creative and give it a name pertaining to Greek mythology to coincide with Icarus if that ends up being the final name. Maybe Daedalus since it's constructing stuff? Daedalus and Icarus would be a pretty clever way to start out the first two maps imo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm hoping there's a map in Halo 4 called Midship.

What do you guys think is a satisfying amount of shipped, on disc maps? My number is 11. I would be disappointed with anything less. 11 is a strong number. Forge maps don't count.

Ryaaan14

Banned

What do you guys think is a satisfying amount of shipped, on disc maps? My number is 11. I would be disappointed with anything less. 11 is a strong number. Forge maps don't count.

I'd be fine with 9 tbh. As long as they are all originals. Bump it up to 10 or 11 if there are remakes.

Edit: Forgot about a Forge map, my number does NOT include this.

Dreamland
12 and then six maps in forge world 2.OH

Reality
6 FW2.0 6 None FW

On another note
HaloGAF you are impossible to please.

If I'm being realistic, no less than 12. I'd obviously prefer 15-20 but that won't happen.

I am tired of all of this guessing. We all knew a lot about Halo 3 and Reach MP by now thanks to the beta. I am disappointed that there isn't a public beta for this game because it seems like it completely changes the Halo formula which for me and others seems to be a bad thing but for other parts of HaloGAF is a good thing. Since we are not getting a beta hopefully we will get a bunch of details from E3 so that we at least know what to expect.

I'ma say I'd be satisfied with 13, I'd be fine with 11, I'd be disappointed with less. No Forge maps.

Probably 12, 11 would be okay I guess. I really hope that there isn't Forge maps as a part of the base maps for the game. So bad.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
12, ideally 15.

But you know someone is going to tell us we're greedy as shit and that less is more.

Tashi

Does someone have a map count for each game at launch? Forge maps not included. Remakes included.

I'd say ~15: 2-5 outright remakes and/or spiritual successors, 1 (or more) forge canvas map(s), and then the remainders can be completely new. Halo 3 would consider Valhalla, Guardian, etc. as spiritual successors, for example.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Also, this environment looks pretty awesome.
Nn7xz.jpg

looks like a sky box to me. hot too.

also, this last batch of leaked pics has me more worried than anything to date, and if you've been following my posts, that means a lot that i'm wavering! a full team of regen or shield users.... shudder. as someone pointed out, how exactly are these tactical packages, or "non-perks" not perks?

Does someone have a map count for each game at launch? Forge maps not included. Remakes included.

Halo 1 13 (excluding pc maps)
Halo 2 12 (foundation was locked until you completed campaign of signed into xbl)
Halo 3 11 Maps
Halo: Reach 9 Maps (excluding the forge world maps but including forge world as a single map)

Tashi

Tashi putting in some work lately for that Halo 4 beta invite.

Nah this is putting in work

"I have full faith in 343. They are Halo. I know they will make the best game they can and as long as it has the love put into it, I'll be happy"

Call me out when you read that lol.

And look at that map count decline. 11 would definitely be thrilling lol

CyReN

I don't think 343i will make the map mistake Bungie did, thinking about the Activsion deal and Halo Reach it makes me wonder if Bungie jump start the next project and banked on Forge World to replace some of the maps they wanted to do. It backfired horribly for the community and hurt the game online population.

looks like a sky box to me. hot too.

also, this last batch of leaked pics has me more worried than anything to date, and if you've been following my posts, that means a lot that i'm wavering! a full team of regen or shield users.... shudder. as someone pointed out, how exactly are these tactical packages, or "non-perks" not perks?

Oh wow, I never saw it like that. Makes much more sense that way.

They are perks, there's not getting around that.

Nah this is putting in work

"I have full faith in 343. They are Halo. I know they will make the best game they can and as long as it has the love put into it, I'll be happy"

Call me out when you read that lol.

And look at that map count decline. 11 would definitely be thrilling lol

In which case you will surely not get any sort of beta access because that statement would get blown to tiny bits. :p

I don't think 343i will make the map mistake Bungie did, thinking about the Activsion deal and Halo Reach it makes me wonder if Bungie jump start the next project and banked on Forge World to replace some of the maps they wanted to do. It backfired horribly for the community and hurt the game online population.

I don't think it had anything to do with Activision, they have a team of ~250 people working on the game for about 3 years. The lack of maps was just a design decision that Forge World would produce awesome stuff all the time. I'm sure Bungie saw it as shipping 13 maps with the game (8 regular maps and 5 forge maps).

They did get burned by the deciding to integrate the maps into the campaign. We know that "Blockout" was a map that got cut because it's campaign located disappeared, and they shipped The Cage in its place. It is also widely assumed that there was a map that got cut because it's campaign spot disappeared, which Boneyard replaced. Reflection also almost got cut because they couldn't find a place in the campaign for it until very late in development.

Top Bottom