• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Steelyuhas said:
Nn7xz.jpg

Hmmmmmm.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I guess so. Bungie has trained Halo fans so well to have low expectations.

Fair point on this particular subject. I would say map quality has also taken a steady decline. Since Halo 2 at least. Quality is better than quantity though. I do not tire of playing classic maps over and over again, no matter how gray lol

Havok

But their maps aren't that good...

Actually their map designs are pretty decent, but I've never seen worse power weapon placement than on their maps.
Their actual map design isn't much, if any, worse than most of the later Bungie stuff, but yeah, their weapon placement is hilarious. I feel that they're strongest when revising geometry of already established maps. The geometry changes they made to the Anniversary maps (Hang 'em High lift and low halls/Headlong rear hallways, namely) were largely fantastic, as was Tombstone. Desolation..well, they did what they could with what they were given.

On map count, I think 12 is a reasonable expectation for a full-priced game. Seven 4v4 maps (three asymmetric), five 8v8 maps (two asymmetric). Nothing in between.

Havok

Well Objective is going to be 5v5 now. :/
That's still probably the biggest bummer of all the Halo 4 news for me, and the one I most hope is changed. Making the maps bigger just isn't enough with the nadefest focal points objective games have. Everything else I can take in stride and will probably end up being fine with, like many of Reach's changes.

feel

Really? You guys are getting on his case because he says they're not going to discuss leaks in his video?

Wow.
It's a 5 minute video talking about it where they even compare this stupid little insignificant leak with a massive iphone 4 leak by gizmodo that involved phone calls with steve jobs himself.

CyReN

Really? You guys are getting on his case because he says they're not going to discuss leaks in his video?

Wow.

I think the issue is on how he think he's above everyone else for having a "relationship with 343i".

No leaks is cool, same with HBO doing it.

Overdoziz

Banned
That's still probably the biggest bummer of all the Halo 4 news for me, and the one I most hope is changed. Making the maps bigger just isn't enough with the nadefest focal points objective games have.
They have to either make maps bigger for 5v5 objective making them too big for 4v4 Slayer, make 4v4 maps and force 5v5 objective on it resulting in a cluster-fuck (see TO in Reach), or make separate maps for 5v5 and 4v4.

Nobody wins.

Louis Wu

I think the issue is on how he think he's above everyone else for having a "relationship with 343i".

No leaks is cool, same with HBO doing it.
Okay, I can sort of see that - but look at it from his standpoint.

If he says nothing at all, the comments in his channel continue to get more and more riled up - "why the hell aren't you posting the news I sent you?"

Maybe "We have a very close relationship with 343" wasn't the right tone to take. Would HaloGAF's response have been the same if he'd said "we respect 343 and do not support leaked content"? (It's pretty much the same thing - without the "hey, we're tight with these guys"... I sort of doubt it would have made a huge difference.)

We get shit at HBO for not front-paging leaks - I don't even explain any more.

CyReN

If he says nothing at all, the comments in his channel continue to get more and more riled up - "why the hell aren't you posting the news I sent you?"

Maybe "We have a very close relationship with 343" wasn't the right tone to take. Would HaloGAF's response have been the same if he'd said "we respect 343 and do not support leaked content"? (It's pretty much the same thing - without the "hey, we're tight with these guys"... I sort of doubt it would have made a huge difference.)

but you guys don't do a 5 minute video explaining it. It would have been best to tweet it out and kept that part out imo. I don't make youtube videos but this rubbed me the wrong way to do things like this.

That's just me though.

but you guys don't do a 5 minute video explaining it. It would have been best to tweet it out and kept that part out imo. I don't make youtube videos but this rubbed me the wrong way to do things like this.

That's just me though.

didn't he start shit on r/halo? also why was he wearing a power rangers outfit?

maybe it's halo4followers fault but most youtube videos about halo 4 piss me off.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I think if he hadn't "name dropped" in the first place I doubt anyone (at least from here) would have given a shit about any of it. All he had to say was "we aren't posting leaks."

I'm hoping there's a map in Halo 4 called Midship.

What do you guys think is a satisfying amount of shipped, on disc maps? My number is 11. I would be disappointed with anything less. 11 is a strong number. Forge maps don't count.

Halo 4 will have a map called Midship.
it will be a remake of Zealot

Icarus is a great name, fuck these haters.

<3

I totally get HBOs stance on not front paging leaks, and why this guy wont post vids about em. Its just his tone about it that made it a little funny sounding, but I respect him respecting 343i. Its a bit difficult to decide what should be appropriate and inappropriate to post here, discussing leaks is one thing but sometimes I am torn about posting them.

wwm0nkey

Leaks happen all the time, I mean the only bad thing about this leak is that we have a few things that have probably been taken out of context like the custom load outs because we dont know what playlist they will be used in or if the ordinance drop will really be that fast in every game type. Other than that we watched a really shitty quality video and have an idea of the info we will be getting at E3 like the new gun in the screen shots and the hard light shield, we will know nothing about these or how they are used until later, right now we just know they are in the game.

Also what I think is REALLY dumb about that video is he is talking about deleting comments for people saying where you can find the leaks. I mean are you fucking kidding me?

CyReN

Let me preface saying I was a guest, NOT MY PODCAST.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38086749&postcount=5053

Edit: SHIT they removed it. I'll try and find another source.

I use http://kiwi6.com/ for our shows, youtube also another great option.

Is there anyone from HaloGaf that will be at E3? Besides the 343 dudes...

If someone can get me a pass within the next week I will be..but besides that from THC: Nexy, Best Man, and Gandhi will be there and maybe u4ix if he can get in somehow on Thursday.

OT, but anyone here have any experience trading games into amazon? I'm looking at doing that with Max Payne 3, but it says I may get up to $33. It doesn't seem to be a guarantee, I don't wanna trade it in and get less than it says.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
having a hard time deciding between the Ready Up Live sweatshirt and the Ready Up Live ipad case

wow(3).png

Holy shit at those prices. Guess when you "have a close relationship with 343 and MS" you can get away with it.

OT, but anyone here have any experience trading games into amazon? I'm looking at doing that with Max Payne 3, but it says I may get up to $33. It doesn't seem to be a guarantee, I don't wanna trade it in and get less than it says.

It's 33 for the "good" quality and less for lower. It's safe, they even pay for shipping.

Top Bottom