• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks, I'm assuming that since I've only opened the case once and the disc has just been sitting inside a little booklet and only removed like twice it will qualify as good. haha

Yeah, and even when you confirm you're not locked into shit. They give you a time frame to drop it in a UPS box, if you don't you simply don't get the credit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dug up one of the old Halo 4 "leaked" pictures.

halo4-leak-screen-shot2.jpg

This environment kind of seems to match up with some of the other leaked screens we've seen. More than likely still fake though.

I find the venom aimed at Greenskull to be incredibly disappointing and completely baseless. Every interaction I have had with him personally has been nothing but positive, respectful, and well-intentioned. He's a guy that is incredibly passionate about the Halo franchise (like 90% of the people in this forum) and has a very clear vision about how he wants his (very successful so far) community to be run. No different than how we do at HBO. I personally have some very close ties within 343i as well. Does this mean I'm to be hated too? Is it because he's younger? So far it's the only possible reason that I can think of for some of the things being said, and attitudes being displayed.

I have no delusions that this stance will be a particularly popular one around here, and frankly, if I haven't earned enough respect through my overall interactions in the Halo community by now to garner a civilized ear to my opinions, then I'll have to consider it nothing lost. I have had many positive interactions with the folks in the GAF community and would love to think it can continue, but like any good relationship, we should be able to voice when we think something isn't right and not be immediately blacklisted for it like we're all in internet middle school.

I completely commend GS' stance on how he wants leaks handled in his community, both because we carry a similar on at HBO, and because it's his community, and he can run it how he sees fit. CyReN, you and I have had nothing but good dealings so far, and certainly welcome any constructive discussion you might have on reasons why you seem to be at the center of much of the storm surrounding GS.

I adore the Halo community, which includes RuL just as much as GAF, WP, HBO, and more. I certainly hope that issues like these are fleeting in the long run, because how we treat each other is more important than the game that brought us close.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G9ISCKZRDOk/TwN3bRbT1XI/AAAAAAAAFE4/jLpOtBkq8mM/s1600/halo4-leak-screen-shot2.jpg[IMG]

This environment kind of seems to match up with some of the other leaked screens we've seen. More than likely still fake though.[/QUOTE]Of course it's fake, crosshair's not nearly low enough.

wwm0nkey

I find the venom aimed at Greenskull to be incredibly disappointing and completely baseless. Every interaction I have had with him personally has been nothing but positive, respectful, and well-intentioned. He's a guy that is incredibly passionate about the Halo franchise (like 90% of the people in this forum) and has a very clear vision about how he wants his (very successful so far) community to be run. No different than how we do at HBO. Is it because he's younger? So far it's the only possible reason that I can think of for some of the things being said, and attitudes being displayed.

I have no delusions that this stance will be a particularly popular one around here, and frankly, if I haven't earned enough respect through my overall interactions in the Halo community by now to garner a civilized ear to my opinions, then I'll have to consider it nothing lost. I have had many positive interactions with the folks in the GAF community and would love to think it can continue, but like any good relationship, we should be able to voice when we think something isn't right and not be immediately blacklisted for it like we're all in internet middle school.

I completely commend GS' stance on how he wants leaks handled in his community, both because we carry a similar on at HBO, and because it's his community, and he can run it how he sees fit. CyReN, you and I have had nothing but good dealings so far, and certainly welcome any constructive discussion you might have on reasons why you seem to be at the center of much of the storm surrounding GS.

I adore the Halo community, which includes RuL just as much as GAF, WP, HBO, and more. I certainly hope that issues like these are fleeting in the long run, because how we treat each other is more important than the game that brought us close.

Personally I have no issues with the guy except for the deletion of comments saying where you can find stuff. Though he did say he treats the comments like a forum.

CyReN

Awesome, thanks dude!

Here's the link. I join the conversation at 1:56, and introductions/Greenskull/Halo 4 talk begins around the 5 minute mark.

Edit: Once again I have to say, this is awful.

Thanks man.

halo4-leak-screen-shot2.jpg

This environment kind of seems to match up with some of the other leaked screens we've seen. More than likely still fake though.

Something seems off.

CyReN, you and I have had nothing but good dealings so far, and certainly welcome any constructive discussion you might have on reasons why you seem to be at the center of much of the storm surrounding GS.

First time bringing him up here, was serious though I thought we was bsing.

My biggest worry, and something I've thought about a lot since I've spent way too much time on here today, is the pointless changes. Like, why have instant spawns, why have weapon drops instead of set spawn points, what do those add? I've never heard a single person complain about spawns or weapon locations. I just don't get that at all.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My biggest worry, and something I've thought about a lot since I've spent way too much time on here today, is the pointless changes. Like, why have instant spawns, why have weapon drops instead of set spawn points, what do those add? I've never heard a single person complain about spawns or weapon locations. I just don't get that at all.
The best part is they haven't explained why, they just did them without any explanation. Like when they got rid of Squad Slayer.

Fracas

#fuckonami

As much as those changes suck, there are even worse ones to worry about.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I find the venom aimed at Greenskull to be incredibly disappointing and completely baseless. Every interaction I have had with him personally has been nothing but positive, respectful, and well-intentioned. He's a guy that is incredibly passionate about the Halo franchise (like 90% of the people in this forum) and has a very clear vision about how he wants his (very successful so far) community to be run. No different than how we do at HBO. I personally have some very close ties within 343i as well. Does this mean I'm to be hated too? Is it because he's younger? So far it's the only possible reason that I can think of for some of the things being said, and attitudes being displayed.

Yeah he is a nice kid. He just kinda makes himself an easy target in that video, especially for people who don't know him, regarding a somewhat controversial topic. I don't think anything said on GAF was personal by any means.

Why re-design the DMR to make it look like absolute shit? Because they can, and they want to be different than Bungie. Probably. Maybe.

daedalius

The 343 designers should clearly run all their design decisions past Halogaf; the bastion of excellent design and thoughtfulness.

Anything they can design, Halogaf can design better.

Artists too, since they make DMRs look like shit. Halogaf can make it look better.

Tawpgun

Instant Respawns serve to make the game faster paces, which was one of their goals.
Weapon Drops eliminate the advantage veteran players have by knowing the maps.

I think it wasn't so much complaining as it was 343's way of mixing up the Halo formula. If there was any complaints it was from 12 year old CoD kids. I've heard the aguements before

"It takes too long to respawn its so boring"

"Why are weapons on map thats stupid, why cant I spawn with them? Wow Halo is so outdated"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I want instant spawns. It's something that drives me nuts in Reach now. I want to be back in the action quicker.

Yeah he is a nice kid. He just kinda makes himself an easy target in that video, especially for people who don't know him, regarding a somewhat controversial topic. I don't think anything said on GAF was personal by any means.

If that's the case then your point is understandable, though I would contend that I've seen far easier targets on GAF, Waypoint, and HBO themselves, lol. From my experience, GS has done far more positive things for the Halo community than negative. Anyone like that is good in my book.

If that's the case then your point is understandable, though I would contend that I've seen far easier targets on GAF, Waypoint, and HBO themselves, lol. From my experience, GS has done far more positive things for the Halo community than negative. Anyone like that is good in my book.

I have no idea who he is, what positive things has he done...?

i know i'm wrong but every time i see this

i think of snow covered tempest.

can't be unseen D:

The 343 designers should clearly run all their design decisions past Halogaf; the bastion of excellent design and thoughtfulness.

Artists too, since they make DMRs look like shit. Halogaf can make it look better.
Even better, give Halogaf the resources and time to make Halo 5.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

No one said that, would just be nice to hear the thought process that went into the game. "We added this because we think x,y,z rather than going "hey we got this now" and we're left to assume they're just playing copycat rather than trying to innovate. Transparency is far more preferred than silence because silence leads one to assume and that always never ends well.

I have no idea who he is, what positive things has he done...?

He runs a gaming/halo community called ReadyUpLive. Been doing it for quite a while and has a pretty good following. Just a really nice guy with strong community ties and fun content. One of the many great spots on the Halo Community map.

Anyway, back to Halo... E3 in less than a week!!! :)

Clicked on some video and saw some kid in a costume talking. I skipped ahead and there was some guy in a neon yellow shirt..

Halo fans need to dress better.

really? of the complains i hear about halo from my friends re spawn is always one they bitch about. Personally I'm okay with instant re spawn its only 5 seconds in reach so i don't see how 4 seconds is going to break the game.

feel

You guys (and everyone else) spend way way way more time and effort complaining about everything HaloGAF does than HaloGAF spends doing the things it's accused of.

CyReN

Clicked on some video and saw some kid in a costume talking. I skipped ahead and there was some guy in a neon yellow shirt..

Halo fans need to dress better.

and w/e you do don't call out another community about their dress code on a live stream...

If you get this I love you.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No one said that, would just be nice to hear the thought process that went into the game. "We added this because we think x,y,z rather than going "hey we got this now" and we're left to assume they're just playing copycat rather than trying to innovate. Transparency is far more preferred than silence because silence leads one to assume and that always never ends well.

Thing is, there hasn't been a multiplayer reveal yet. I'd bet they talk about reasons when that happens. People forget we have no official multiplayer details aside from what Frank has mentioned and a few snippets of people playing here and there.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thing is, there hasn't been a multiplayer reveal yet. I'd bet they talk about reasons when that happens. People forget we have no official multiplayer details aside from what Frank has mentioned and a few snippets of people playing here and there.
Okay, I'll agree with you on that. But they still haven't explained why they removed Squad Slayer when they were gathering data for who preferred or did not prefer the TU in a 4v4 playlist.

Top Bottom