• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/characters/kids/kyles-cousin-kyle.jpg/IMG]

[B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MJSpgSnX24&list=FLXhEL2cSOWIygIZ4PIwTZ_Q&index=1&feature=plpp_video"]I'm baaaaaaaaack[/URL][/B][/QUOTE]

Oh snap, welcome back!

Please don't harass me again on twitter. :P

Do people really want that 343i gets in the same situation we have with Reach right now?

It would be NOTHING like the reach situation.

Vanilla Playlists (Bloom/AL ect)
TU Playlists (No bloom ect)
Anniversary TU (3SK pistol ect)

Getting into a game now in reach is horrible you have no idea if AL is going to be pre or post patch, if the pistol is going to be 3SK or not. If the Nifle is going to be OP or not ect.

Halo 4 would be completely different to this.

New playlists (new scoring mechanic/ordnance drops/loadouts ect)
Classic Playlist (old scoring/weapons on map/no loudouts)

The best thing really is to keep the playlist count as small as possible to herd players into the playlists for a bigger population count per list

New/Default (New scoring system/Ordnance drops/Loadouts)

Rumble Pit
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Swat
Team Skirmish (5v5/6v6 Slayer and objective)
Action Sack (less hockey esq modes more team snipers and shottie snipers and fiesta ect)
Big Team Battle

Classic Playlist (Old scoring system/Weapon Spawns/No Loadouts)

Team Slayer (AR/BR/DMR start gametypes)
Team Objective (AR/BR/DMR start gametypes)
Big Team Battle (AR/BR/DMR start gametypes)

Community

MLG (MLG rules and maps)
GriffBall/Zombies (weekend only playlists double xp/credits/sp w.e)

Tawpgun

kyles-cousin-kyle.jpg

I'm baaaaaaaaack

RIP HaloGAF HaloGAF is dead.

I'm really sad because this is the current state of my Halo 4 hype train. Hopefully E3 will fix it.

gm_widget_Halo4.jpg

Preorder Bonus: Oceanic Armor and Battle Rifle Skins!!

Preorder Halo 4 and you will receive customisable Oceanic Armor Circuit and Battle Rifle skins.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-4-limited-edition-172031
Holy fuck. He actually has a visor. Might have a stupid cross over it, but at least its a visor.

So, a little bit of positive energy... I will welcome these new additions to Halo. I mean, CoD is super addicting when trying to chase down unlocks. I think its a shit system in retrospect, but that grind keeps you coming back. Having another layer above the Halo gameplay might be interesting.

However.

At launch I want to be able to play a much more classic variant of Halo 4. I hope this personal ordnance system is only in a select few playlists. Frankie said the ordanace system wasn't necessarily random and was predictable. This leads me to believe this whole killstreak like personal drop is an extreme version of it you can play with in customs/select playlists.

Goddamn I can only hope.

Edit.

So SuperMTW is telling the truth Btw.

Confirmed real leak pic

Pic MTW posted BEFORE the current leaks

Notice the font and also the Equipped section at the bottom of the screen

Yeah he definitely has some legit info, but he also has been all over the place with what he says, so take everything he says with a grain of salt. But at least I am redeemed saying the 'Storm Rifle' was evidence it was true since we know of a 'Storm Grunt'.

gm_widget_Halo4.jpg

Preorder Bonus: Oceanic Armor and Battle Rifle Skins!!

Preorder Halo 4 and you will receive customisable Oceanic Armor Circuit and Battle Rifle skins.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-4-limited-edition-172031

Of fuck me, theres more? And it looks kinda awesome? These all better be available for everyone at some point.. Also, apparently walmart has their own skin but there aren't pics.

Welcome backfu.

Already halfway to another OT? With E3 next week? Dayum.

Try to stay out of the Off-Topic threads this time. :p

Were not really supposed to discuss this, It makes sensitive GAF (duncan) upset. He goes on this huge rant thats so annoyinggggg.

What the fuck. Can we just stop talking about sensitive GAF? I get so tired of seeing people complain about huge rants but I've never seen anyone make one it's just super annoying you act like every time I get angry I start posting huge run-on sentences without any punctuation or self-awareness but that never happens and it just grinds my gears to see you're grammar mistakes and spelling errorrs so maybe if we just cut out all the negativity DownerGAF will see the light and leave Greenskull alone so 343 will give me a beta key except then you'll talk about it in the thread and ruin christmas again. Be cool.

good post
It's a good concept. But with Reach's situation I'm not referring to the many playlists(which is reaction to it) but more to the please everyone attitude 343i has.

And if classic playlists are available from the start, it gives me the impression that 343i does not even have faith in their own gameplay.

For me a Classic playlist should be available as a weekly playlist.

Overdoziz

Banned
A voice of reason returns (who is also a doctor now, score!)

You've been missed; hyperbolehalogaf has been in full swing.
Do you ever post about anything besides people complaining about Halo 4? Honest question. Nearly every time you post it's right after an info drop and you come in with something along the lines of "Everyone sure is salty in here".

Do you ever post about anything besides people complaining about Halo 4? Honest question. Nearly every time you post it's right after an info drop and you come in with something along the lines of "Everyone sure is salty in here".

He posts a lot about halo. Especially the art side of things.

Stop being so sensitive.

daedalius

Yea, I usually post about liking things that I see(music, spartan ops, armor sets, visual treatment and renders, etc); but you probably don't read those because I'm usually being positive.

<3 hydra

I realize it is a fool's errand to think that reminding hyperbolegaf of their hyperbole and generally unfounded speculation will somehow convince them to become more reasonable and thoughtful with their comments; but I keep doing it anyway (as Havok so kindly and derisively reminds me).

What is this? You could not be more wrong. Why is everyone in here so incapable of being critical? Every change that 343 makes is just accepted by GAF rather than being thought over. Change can be good or bad. Just because you like the people that make the games does not mean you should blindly follow their products. Personally, if I were making this game I would rather have the community be critical that way I would end up producing the greatest product I possibly could.

In addition everyone here needs to learn to raise their expectations. I can't believe that people are hoping to get 9 maps. Hope to get 20 maps. 343 is a huge studio, if they can put this much time into perks, crazy weapon spawns, etc then they can definitely produce more maps. Learn to expect more, to want more.

heckfu

Banned
What is this? You could not be more wrong. Why is everyone in here so incapable of being critical? Every change that 343 makes is just accepted by GAF rather than being thought over. Change can be good or bad. Just because you like the people that make the games does not mean you should blindly follow their products. Personally, if I were making this game I would rather have the community be critical that way I would end up producing the greatest product I possibly could.

In addition everyone here needs to learn to raise their expectations. I can't believe that people are hoping to get 9 maps. Hope to get 20 maps. 343 is a huge studio, if they can put this much time into perks, crazy weapon spawns, etc then they can definitely produce more maps. Learn to expect more, to want more.

Well I guess I should apologize for my incapability of being critical, I guess it's a birth defect or something of mine. Everyone else too. I'm so glad you're here to really balance out everyone else being so positive.

But seriously, what if I'm really ok with there only being 9 maps? Or 11? What if I think that 20 might be too much to learn all at once at launch? Oh shit, I guess I'm blindly following and my opinion is invalidated.

And what if I'm just genuinely curious enough to want to see things get published they've talked about like the rail gun or sprint as a default? I really enjoy Reach sometimes due to Sprint and an ability to dodge situations my character isn't ready to clean up (with at my skill level is EVERY situation) but I guess that lack of skill clouds my critical level of thinking.

Well I guess I should apologize for my incapability of being critical, I guess it's a birth defect or something of mine. Everyone else too. I'm so glad you're here to really balance out everyone else being so positive.

But seriously, what if I'm really ok with there only being 9 maps? Or 11? What if I think that 20 might be too much to learn all at once at launch? Oh shit, I guess I'm blindly following and my opinion is invalidated.

And what if I'm just genuinely curious enough to want to see things get published they've talked about like the rail gun or sprint as a default? I really enjoy Reach sometimes due to Sprint and an ability to dodge situations my character isn't ready to clean up (with at my skill level is EVERY situation) but I guess that lack of skill clouds my critical level of thinking.

You need to see what my Spartan looks like in Reach with the emblem and callsign. You'd like it.

Also, by everyone I mean the majority. Kyle and Over are the most sensible. Keep in mind I am one of the more casual players here and I still want to see more competitive play.

I think a lot of people in here are being very critical, and there is nothing wrong with that. That said, if people like what they are hearing there is nothing wrong with that either, everyone has their own likes and dislikes in games. At this point, IMO, everyone should be cautiously open to what 343 brings into the picture, but that still allows room to be critical.

Having an upgrade system, IMO, does not make this game CoD. CoD is defined by extremely quick kill times, spawning with any weapon including power weapons, no map based weapons, custom killstreaks, etc. The player upgrade system being implemented, while sharing a lot with CoD, does not make this game CoD. Also, the 'perk' system in Halo 4 as of now does seem to be very different than perks in CoD as none provide huge advantages like more damage, more health, bullet penetration, etc. In other words, when you go into a BR duel you know no matter what it will be a 5sk gun. Call me crazy but Im not panicking. But can things go horrible wrong? of course. We just don't know enough either way and tbh Im excited.

Something I am worried about: Auto-turret. An offensive AA seems like it could be abused pretty easily, but I guess time will tell.

(Also, Shotgun as a starting weapon is BS and I pray it is beta only)

And I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with 9 maps unless they pulled some Day 1 free DLC move, which would still feel a little cheap.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Have you read this thread? Seems like every change is bitched at until HaloGaf realizes it's not quite what they thought or Frankie clarifies it.

I fully agree that we should be critical of what we are seeing so far, but we also need to remember that the multiplayer hasn't even been revealed yet. There has yet to be any explanation for the new stuff. That being said criticism is fine, but needs to be kept in check until we have the full details (same with unlimited hype on the contrary).

The only thing that ever gets to me is the CoD references. CoD didn't invent half the stuff people are saying "keep CoD out of Halo" about, and it bothers me that any small change to what Halo is makes people instantly think it's being done to copy CoD, no matter how big that franchise is.

daedalius

You need to see what my Spartan looks like in Reach with the emblem and callsign. You'd like it.

Also, by everyone I mean the majority. Kyle and Over are the most sensible. Keep in mind I am one of the more casual players here and I still want to see more competitive play.

sqkmL.gif

Kyle and Over the majority confirmed.

I'm guessing it has something to do with PFGs or being a Republican?

I think a lot of people in here are being very critical, and there is nothing wrong with that. That said, if people like what they are hearing there is nothing wrong with that either, everyone has their own likes and dislikes in games. At this point, IMO, everyone should be cautiously open to what 343 brings into the picture, but that still allows room to be critical.

Having an upgrade system, IMO, does not make this game CoD. CoD is defined by extremely quick kill times, spawning with any weapon including power weapons, no map based weapons, custom killstreaks, etc. The player upgrade system being implemented, while sharing a lot with CoD, does not make this game CoD. Also, the 'perk' system in Halo 4 as of now does seem to be very different than perks in CoD as none provide huge advantages like more damage, more health, bullet penetration, etc. In other words, when you go into a BR duel you know no matter what it will be a 5sk gun. Call me crazy but Im not panicking. But can things go horrible wrong? of course. We just don't know enough either way and tbh Im excited.

Something I am worried about: Auto-turret. An offensive AA seems like it could be abused pretty easily, but I guess time will tell.

(Also, Shotgun as a starting weapon is BS and I pray it is beta only)

And I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with 9 maps unless they pulled some Day 1 free DLC move, which would still feel a little cheap.
That is reasonable. I know what you are saying about customization making it more like COD. I am drawing comparisons based on the fact that in Halo everyone spawns on equal ground and map control and grabbing power weapons are what make you a better player than others. In COD with perks you spawn differently than the other players. Nobody is the same. In the Halo 4 that seems to be the case as well.

daedalius

Nope. The everyone I was talking about was you an 80% of HaloGAF. I was saying that Kyle and Over were being more reasonable than others because they are skeptical of the changes where as the rest of GAF isn't.

Oh, I'm skeptical about the changes; I just don't post pictures of derailed trains and the Hindenburg in relation to how I feel about said changes.

You can be skeptical and critical without posting 'RIP HALO'. Also, Kyle and Over reasonable? I think the definition of 'reasonable' has been lost somewhere in that sentence.

I know what you are saying about customization making it more like COD. I am drawing comparisons based on the fact that in Halo everyone spawns on equal ground and map control and grabbing power weapons are what make you a better player than others. In COD with perks you spawn differently than the other players. Nobody is the same. In the Halo 4 that seems to be the case as well.
Speaking on the whole perks and starting off on equal grounds thing, I was hoping that if AAs were going to be a Halo thing going forward that we'd have them all available at all times instead of picking loadouts. Crysis style.

Woorloog

Banned
Kyle and Over aren't the only people skeptical, they are just the most vocal about it.

Indeed. I'm worried about some things but i simply don't bother voicing those worries. Mostly because every single worry has been voiced a thousand times already...
Besides, i'd rather concentrate on what looks good to me, be optimistic about stuff.

Sometimes i think i should be more critical and worried and expect a piece of shit game so that i could be positively surprised...

Speaking on the whole perks and starting off on equal grounds thing, I was hoping that if AAs were going to be a Halo thing going forward that we'd have them all available at all times instead of picking loadouts. Crysis style.

That would be great. Maybe "hold back to open AA-menu", unusable during combat or something? I mean Halo controls don't leave enough space for invidual buttons for each AA.

this was created for r/halo, not halogaf. it doesn't work perfectly for every single person because we all have different opinions.

why is everyone so hostile? relaxxx E3 is next week.

kylej

Banned

While I agree with you completely, you're pissing in the wind.

That would be great. Maybe "hold back to open AA-menu", unusable during combat or something? I mean Halo controls don't leave enough space for invidual buttons for each AA.
I was thinking either leave it to four and use the d-pad, or if you're going for more have a button activate a radial menu that you can quickly choose one on the fly with. With the initial trailers and having Chief attach something to the pistol and using a thruster moments out of stasis, I was hoping that Halo 4 would take some cues from Crysis and have a similar sort of weapon tweaking and nanosuit system as well.

Or at least be able to salvage them from the battlefield. Hold (AA button) to swap.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
While I agree with you completely, you're pissing in the wind.

I think we all agree with that point, and do expect more from Halo 4. It's just that most of us keep those thoughts to ourselves, or post them in small quantities, knowing we have had very little confirmed information, and very little from 343 on why they did some of these things.

If come November 1 we still have no information on why these things were implemented you'll see HaloGaf as a whole posting Hindenburg pictures. But most of us realize that there is no use complaining all the time when MS has yet to release all the official information on the entirety of the multiplayer.

We are all skeptical, but we all don't want to just post random photos of wrecks because 343 is being a bit tight-lipped. With E3 next week I think we'll get a good volume of information and some 343 discussion on why some things were added.

Just my thoughts! :p

kylej

Banned
I think we all agree with that point, and do expect more from Halo 4. It's just that most of us keep those thoughts to ourselves, or post them in small quantities

If that's how you like to live your life, that's fine with me. I'd rather stay vocal.

What the fuck. Can we just stop talking about sensitive GAF? I get so tired of seeing people complain about huge rants but I've never seen anyone make one it's just super annoying you act like every time I get angry I start posting huge run-on sentences without any punctuation or self-awareness but that never happens and it just grinds my gears to see you're grammar mistakes and spelling errorrs so maybe if we just cut out all the negativity DownerGAF will see the light and leave Greenskull alone so 343 will give me a beta key except then you'll talk about it in the thread and ruin christmas again. Be cool.

when I first started reading this I got excited that you might've taken juices' bait and gotten Mad. Disappointed.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If that's how you like to live your life, that's fine with me. I'd rather stay vocal.

"Vocal?" Posting train wrecks and Hindenburg pics is a bit more than being "vocal" on leaked Halo 4 changes, right? :)

I like seeing all the varying opinions on HaloGaf, even the more negative ones. I just don't get the "abandon ship" idea when all we have is leaked information with no explanation to go on.

I know. I thought I would get everyone stirred up again. By the time E3 comes around we will be validated...but most people will say we were wrong.

Wait, do you want Halo 4 to be bad so you can say you were right? Why?

Woorloog

Banned
I was thinking either leave it to four and use the d-pad, or if you're going for more have a button activate a radial menu that you can quickly choose one on the fly with. With the initial trailers and having Chief attach something to the pistol and using a thruster moments out of stasis, I was hoping that Halo 4 would take some cues from Crysis and have a similar sort of weapon tweaking and nanosuit system as well.
Hmm, yes, might work.
And i too would love some Crysis-like things in Halo 4, while it is copying, many things in Crysis could fit Halo very well.
Or at least be able to salvage them from the battlefield. Hold (AA button) to swap.

Yeah... There are so many cases where i use something to kill a sword sprinter only, pick up the sword and realise i cannot use it effectively with this AA.

Nobody here was asking for Halo in a Call of Duty-style shell. No one. That being said, we don't know how such a design is going to work until we actually play it as a group, so it's ridiculous to throw high praise or invective from our commonly held place of ignorance, therefore any posters who do are deserving of ridicule.

Posting train wrecks and Hindenburg pics is
fucking moronic.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nobody here was asking for Halo in a Call of Duty-style shell. No one. That being said, we don't know how such a design is going to work until we actually play it as a group, so it's ridiculous to throw high praise or invective from our commonly held place of ignorance, therefore any posters who do are deserving of ridicule.

Here are the new rules:

1. What you just said is slurping
2. Kyle and Overdoz1z are in charge while Ghaleon is gone.
3. They are the majority AND the tastemakers and also the Freshmakers
4. Barns are the new Basement
5. Cinematic framerates

Top Bottom