• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

ShopTo confirm "Assassin" emblem for pre-orders:

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/image.axd?picture=2012%2f5%2f31%2fH4_RetailSkins__0023_White_Emblem_Assassin2.jpg/IMG]

Edit: Can't link to ShopTo? Is that because they lost everyone's CC details that time?[/QUOTE]

Ohh, I like this.

I'll never understand how online like reach(and MW3) are fun for those people that have like .3 and .2 k/d's. I get stuck with a guy in team slaer that is 700-3600 k/d and he didn't get one kill(-14). Is it fun for you getting romped? I'm not saying I'm the bee's knees but at some point you gotta say, 'maybe this game isn't for me.'

/rant :)

Maybe he's disabled and has been using Halo as a way to cope with the harsh realities he faces on a daily basis, despite his depression over the fact that he feels he can't even succeed in a video game, let alone life.

zap

Or the kid could just suck?

50234_110535232290981_4353_n.jpg

Blueblur1

I hope there's no Gravity Hammer in Halo 4 so Grifball can remain a terrible relic of the past.

Doubt it. 343i already seems to be trying to please old and new Halo fans (or BKs as Juices would call them) with the simultaneous return of the glorious BR and horrid Armor Abilities so the Gravity Hammer has to be in there as well.

Myyke

Neo Member
I'd wait on the encyclopedia, because no doubt it will be updated, although it features an amazing foreword by Frankie.

I recommend the visual guide though, concise and fantastic, not bulky and generally a pleasure to look at.

Although, I'm a bit biased seeming as our lord and saviour Mr Loftus worked on it. :p

Fixed.

Also shopto have put up the assassination emblem as their pre-order bonus so I am a stabby bunny. Combine that with the Locus helmet and I would have everything I want out of the pre-order stuff shown so far!

Shadders

Cool video.

I used to feel the same way, but to be honest I don't really blame people for quitting any more, I blame the game.

FIFA used to be plagued by quitters, if you went a goal up the other guy would quit and the game did nothing to combat this, in fact it used to void the match so even though you were winning it'd wouldn't award me any points.

Now they've made it so the quitter gets a 3-1 defeat (which, incidentally is in the rules of football if one team quits), it also prominently displays your DNF percentage. I think that's important, you know what gamers are like for making sure their numbers look good.

Reach doesn't really punish quitters, how many games do you need to quit before you get a ban? And even then it's only for like ten minutes or something, right? It should display DNF on your profile and they should dish out 24 hour credit/SPoints ban for quitting twice in any 24 hour period too.

Fixed.

Also shopto have put up the assassination emblem as their pre-order bonus so I am a stabby bunny. Combine that with the Locus helmet and I would have everything I want out of the pre-order stuff shown so far!

God damn your edit, I should have <posted> it sooner!

kylej

Banned
man, still thinking about pros playing against the gaming press and other nerds at E3.

it's gonna be Unlimited Slayer x 10. I hope my beloved Formal gets rips their dicks off with multiple blainer exterminations.

Cats out of the bag now, MLG Pros (Formal, Chig, Best Man, Prototype, etc) are going to E3 to play Halo 4 4v4/FFA next week along with press and staff. Some will be shot from MLG.

ijtbcG.gif

So sick of AR carvings in the walls. This is great news!

man, still thinking about pros playing against the gaming press and other nerds at E3.

it's gonna be Unlimited Slayer x 10. I hope my beloved Formal gets rips their dicks off with multiple blainer exterminations.

Exterminations probably don't exist in Slayer anymore thanks to instant respawn.

Striker

Select was horrible anyway. The sight lines sucked were pretty bad and the hill o the middle was way to steep.
Select was a mediocre map, it was nothing special. But it was less offensive than the turds known as Enclosed and Synapse (pre-update; I admit I have yet to play the "new" version). Sooo, why isn't Enclosed gone yet? Is this the Reach version of Smashed where it's completely terrible but it still finds itself in MM?

Invasion going 2-split is cool. Can Team Objective get the same treatment? Could use some new maps for CTF and Assau-...I mean for Flag Slayer and Hot Potato.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Invasion going 2-split is cool. Can Team Objective get the same treatment? Could use some new maps for CTF and Assau-...I mean for Flag Slayer and Hot Potato.

There was some data points brought up regarding the usage of split-screen in TO that was said to be the reason why it wouldn't be possible at the time.

I'm not sure if the situation has changed, but I'll look into it and ask.

Select was a mediocre map, it was nothing special. But it was less offensive than the turds known as Enclosed and Synapse (pre-update; I admit I have yet to play the "new" version). Sooo, why isn't Enclosed gone yet? Is this the Reach version of Smashed where it's completely terrible but it still finds itself in MM?

I don't think Enlcosed is that bad. Not worse than Select. Synapse pre-update wasn't a good map but I believe much of its issues were resolved with the update it got (Don't know for sure, I've only played the new version one time).

I don't see any reason either to remove it, but as I already said, I don't really care either.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just because a bunch of MLG dudes are going to E3 for a recorded demo, doesn't mean they'll be playing against a bunch of journalists. More than likely they'll be set up against each other for the recordings.

Arnie

Cats out of the bag now, MLG Pros (Formal, Chig, Best Man, Prototype, etc) are going to E3 to play Halo 4 4v4/FFA next week along with press and staff. Some will be shot from MLG.

Where's the praise the lord gif when you need it.

Direct feed please.

TheOddOne

If they NDA the footage from E3 I'll have an aneurysm. We've waited long enough for meaningful footage, it'd just be cruel to make us wait longer.
My guess is that official MS PR will want the spotlight for atleast a week or two, so expect official stuff from them. Nothing to special though, usually what we see at the press conference. Maby some selective MP footage. If they don't go that route, then boy are we in for some awesome.

siddhu33

From g4tv

How did they make these guesses? I thought Bubble shields was a confirmed no, and from the name "Regeneration field", it sounds like it will be a lot like Halo 3's regenerator, I fail to see how either could possibly be bubble/drop sheild-esque.

Hmm, I don't have an original Xbox anymore, I'm trying to plan a 16 player classic Halo LAN, and we may not have enough Xboxes. Gonna be fun nonetheless.

Autosentry - Thanks to the description, we know that this ability “is an automated turret which can be deployed to defend the wearer or command a busy battlefield checkpoint.”
Promethean Vision - Ability to see enemies through walls
Regeneration Field - regenerator from halo 3.
Hologram - Returns from Halo: Reach, but unclear if it works exactly the same way
Hardlight Shield - looks like a shield to block fire. A bit like the wraith shield from resistance.
Active Camouflage - A Halo staple at this point that will most likely function similarly to previous games
Thruster Pack - Replacement to evade. Probably has the same function as the thruster from that original trailer.

Firepower - According to the description, this allows the player to carry two primary weapons.
Resupply - full ammo at start, most probably.
Grenadier - Perhaps this gives you an extra slot to hold a third grenade type or access to a unique grenade type
Awareness - increased radar range.
Shielding - increased shield regeneration
AA Efficiency - Might stand for “Armor Abilities Efficiency” in which case it could mean your armor abilities use up less energy or they recharge faster

Heres what I think about the new perks (what else are you going to call them?) changes in bold.

Autosentry - Thanks to the description, we know that this ability “is an automated turret which can be deployed to defend the wearer or command a busy battlefield checkpoint.”
Promethean Vision - Ability to see enemies through walls
Regeneration Field - regenerator from halo 3.
Hologram - Returns from Halo: Reach, but unclear if it works exactly the same way
Hardlight Shield - looks like a shield to block fire. A bit like the wraith shield from resistance.
Active Camouflage - A Halo staple at this point that will most likely function similarly to previous games
Thruster Pack - Replacement to evade. Probably has the same function as the thruster from that original trailer.

Firepower - According to the description, this allows the player to carry two primary weapons.
Resupply - full ammo at start, most probably.
Grenadier - Perhaps this gives you an extra slot to hold a third grenade type or access to a unique grenade type
Awareness - increased radar range.
Shielding - increased shield regeneration
AA Efficiency - Might stand for “Armor Abilities Efficiency” in which case it could mean your armor abilities use up less energy or they recharge faster

Heres what I think about the new perks (what else are you going to call them?) changes in bold.

I would be happy with these. Not to get all COD on everyone, but faster reload would be pretty sweet.

Top Bottom