• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

kylej

Banned
They've got all they need waiting...

shiska.jpg

Stick a fork in it. Halo 4 matchmaking is done.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The excitement of E3 has just hit me. On Monday, we will be seeing the reveal of Halo 4 Campaign! I'm sure jaws will drop.

seriously. it also just hit me that halo has consistently been BY FAR my favorite series of games for over 10 years. a pretty incredible feat with no signs of slowing down. the best "30 sec of fun" EVER.

feel

Pretty amazing how an Autoturret is now a thing in Halo multiplayer and noone bats an eye. Really goes to tell you how screwed up things are in 2012 Halo.

Arnie

Gears prequel would have an interesting premise if it's about Marcus' arrest. Which looks like it will be.

In theory, but honestly, and I say this as someone who holds the original Gears near the top of the pile for this current generation, the franchise just needs reinvigorating.

Gears 3 was solid and polished, but it didn't evolve the formula. It ended up feeling like a super polished version of the original, which is fine, but doesn't hold my attention for too long because I've already played hundreds of hours of that.

In fact it's like the anti-Halo. Gears 3 is essentially what people want out of a new Halo, and I think we have to pause and realise that changing things up (at least in some meaningful way) is crucial to keeping the franchise fresh.

Of course, it helps Halo that the mainline games are 3 years apart, rather than 2.

Louis Wu

Saucey just did a response video to the "Halo shouldn't cater to Competitive Gaming " video.
wtf

I turned it off after a minute and a half (I can't believe I made it that far) - it's all him staring incredulously at (presumably) his screen while Minolta speaks.

Someone should teach him a LITTLE bit about keeping viewers interested.

DO NOT JINX THIS, MAN.

I don't know, I feel like Gears 3 was pretty much the perfect Gears game in terms of multi. Franchise needs to shake up a little bit and go a slightly new direction or it will be a disappointment versus 3.

Then again, I'm not a hardcore Gears 3 player since my one Gears friend bailed the 360 scene this year. So you'll probably disagree with me.

Pretty amazing how an Autoturret is now a thing in Halo multiplayer and noone bats an eye. Really goes to tell you how screwed up things are in 2012 Halo.

I'm trying not to freak out because I haven't seen any footage yet.

Pre-emption of dumb unfunny GAF joke reaction.

Sorry next time I'll try harder.

wtf

I turned it off after a minute and a half (I can't believe I made it that far) - it's all him staring incredulously at (presumably) his screen while Minolta speaks.

I agree the beginning was unnecessarily long. He does make valid points however.

In theory, but honestly, and I say this as someone who holds the original Gears near the top of the pile for this current generation, the franchise just needs reinvigorating.

Gears 3 was solid and polished, but it didn't evolve the formula. It ended up feeling like a super polished version of the original, which is fine, but doesn't hold my attention for too long because I've already played hundreds of hours of that.

In fact it's like the anti-Halo. Gears 3 is essentially what people want out of a new Halo, and I think we have to pause and realise that changing things up (at least in some meaningful way) is crucial to keeping the franchise fresh.

Of course, it helps Halo that the mainline games are 3 years apart, rather than 2.

You are so right here, the MP for me was just stagnant, single player had all these fancy visual effects , which is good and all, but the gameplay even in coop was so run of the mill (from a gears perspective), I grew tired and never went back to finish it.

wtf

The reason it kept me entertained is because I'm pretty sure i made the exact same faces during the original video. Then he goes on to make a lot of great points and doesn't bash casuals at all.

Louis Wu

Still trying to make my way through the first GoT book. It starts sooooo slow. Also, there are like 45 characters to remember.
Worth the effort. Gets WAY better as you go along. (I'm halfway through book 4 atm)

Anyway, 43 of them will be dead by the end of the book.

The reason it kept me entertained is because I'm pretty sure i made the exact same faces during the original video. Then he goes on to make a lot of great points and doesn't bash casuals at all.
I never got to those great points. :( When does the actual content start? Maybe I'll go back and try again if I have some free time this afternoon.

Overdoziz

Banned
You are so right here, the MP for was just stagnant, single player had all these fancy visual effects , which is good and all, but the gameplay even in coop was so run of the mill (from a gears perspective), I grew tired and never went back to finish it.
That's just because Gears is a terrible franchise.

They have a team?

I actually didn't mind Shishka as playlist Manager.

Yeah I was half joking. I know he got a lot of flack, and deservedly so in some cases, but compared to whoever was running Reach for Bungie, and who is running it for 343i he looks like the MJ of playlist management.

CyReN

Worth the effort. Gets WAY better as you go along. (I'm halfway through book 4 atm)

Anyway, 43 of them will be dead by the end of the book.

I never got to those great points. :( When does the actual content start? Maybe I'll go back and try again if I have some free time this afternoon.

Yea I would have liked it right away too, it's just Saucey kind of humor he does for a lot of things.

Btw check your PM box later on today, It will have awesome stuff.

Booo, Gears is great, I agree 2 MP has some SERIOUS issues but 3 was really really good.

I dunno, I see a lot of worry about it here. Heck, Im worried about it and I'm one of the guys who isn't horribly offended by some of the changes. In fact you could say I'm one of the people excited.

yeah, no.

Flawed though, and cheesy.

Tawpgun

I waited in line for gears 2 longer than I played it.

Did you play Gears 3?

Gears 2 is like the Halo Reach of the Gears Franchise.

Actually that's not even fair, its more like the MW2 of the Gears Franchise.

Gears 3 was near perfect. So much stuff in Gears 3 that 343 could and SHOULD have learned from.

Singleplayer is 75% hiding behind cover and popping out every now and then to shoot baddies and 25% frustrating on-rails sections.

Multiplayer is a bunch of dudes going into last stand every time they get shot.

So bad.

Last Stand what in gods name?

Someone is talking out of their ass here.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Gears 3 was my favorite Gears. 1 was alright, had some fun, didn't play much. 2 had a horrible story, but was fun co-op. 3 had the best story and by far best gameplay.

Also, Halo 4 next week. Halo, Halo, Halo.

Did you play Gears 3?

Gears 2 is like the Halo Reach of the Gears Franchise.

Actually that's not even fair, its more like the MW2 of the Gears Franchise.

Gears 3 was near perfect. So much stuff in Gears 3 that 343 could and SHOULD have learned from.

I actually never did play Gears 3, it was one of those things where I wasn't SO sold on the franchise at that point where I was gonna shell out for GoW3. However, now that it's dirt cheap, maybe it'll be one of the things i get into this summer, maybe. haha =p thanks for the recommendation though, im not gonna blindly bash the whole franchise without playing the whole franchise, only how bad 2 was.

The only explanation I can see for overdoz1 still being on this thread is that his words are stuck in an infinite loop of opposite days, and he actually loves everything he's heard about Halo 4 thus far.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm coming to the conclusion that nobody who posts in this thread understands what the word 'terrible' means.

I still contend that Reach and Gears 3 are the best shooters on the platform.

I think "terrible" is just their way of conveying the disappointment they feel with Reach, not that they sincerely believe it's a shit game.

Top Bottom