• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

If you're going to post stills from Prometheus, please link them instead of embedding. I stay out of the Prometheus OT for a reason.

-------
Okay, two things for E3 prep: GAF will probably go down often. Be prepared.

There is a HaloGAF Facebook group. It has a decent chat feature and we have about 42 Gaffers in there. It is a "secret" group so you can't find it in search (gotta keep out the lurkers). Send me a PM if you would like to join.

Sweet. PM sent. :)

If you're going to post stills from Prometheus, please link them instead of embedding. I stay out of the Prometheus OT for a reason.

-------
Okay, two things for E3 prep: GAF will probably go down often. Be prepared.

There is a HaloGAF Facebook group. It has a decent chat feature and we have about 42 Gaffers in there. It is a "secret" group so you can't find it in search (gotta keep out the lurkers). Send me a PM if you would like to join.

(This is not a replacement for Dani's FUD chat. There is also going to be a HaloGAF tinychat room, I believe. I think there are more details on the Facebook page.)

-------
I also had another idea for spreading E3 info in case GAF crashes:

Does anyone want to post Halo 4 news on HaloGAF.com?

Anyone is welcome to do this. The more participants the better.
1. Follow this link and create a user account on Wordpress.com if you don't already have one. (You don't need a Wordpress blog to do this.)
2. PM me your username and I will grant you contributor access.

What I'm looking for:
- News posts on anything Halo-related that would be thread-worthy at GAF.
- Posts with any new screenshots or video you have found.
- Links to sources of Halo 4 info.

What I'm not looking for:
- Halo community stuff.
- Analysis, opinions, etc. Cold hard facts only.
- I don't care which MLG player farted today. New Halo 4 info only please.

Basically, whenever someone pops into the thread and asks "I've been gone for a day, what did I miss?" we can point them to the HaloGAF.com feed and they'll get caught up on the actual news without having to sift through the extra stuff. (Not that I have anything against that other stuff, I'm just trying to keep a tight focus.) I imagine Dani's page and HBO will be the best sources of E3 info, but I figured a backup/group-editable page would be a good idea as well.

As always, NeoGAF's rules apply to HaloGAF.com - no scans, play nice, etc.

- This is NOT a replacement for any existing site, particularly anything at FUD, HBO, THC, etc. This is just an experiment on leveraging HaloGAF's speed at finding and posting news.
- This is voluntary, there are no expectations. Contribute if you want to. If this whole thing is a terrible idea I'll shut it down.
- If this works, it can be a normal thing going forward. (i.e. it doesn't have to just be for E3)

Thoughts?

Sorry, I didn't think much of it since it was a promotional pic from a while ago. Ill hotlink it.

Also, I guess the Halogaf group was just hidden? I found it yesterday and sent a request. Ill PM my stuff to make it easier though.

Karl2177

Sorry, I didn't think much of it since it was a promotional pic from a while ago. Ill hotlink it.

Also, I guess the Halogaf group was just hidden? I found it yesterday and sent a request. Ill PM my stuff to make it easier though.
If your name is what I think it is, then Stalker is an asshole.

EDIT: I bought the Alien Anthology for $40 a few weeks back. Has some awesome extras in it and I watched the first movie for the first time the other weekend. Marathoning 2,3,4 this weekend. Don't care how bad they get. :p
Aliens is one of the best sci-fi action movies ever, and IMO the best work Cameron will probably ever do. However, don't bother with the Director's Cut of it; makes the movie far more clumsy and ruins the mood of tension. Make up a drinking game for the other two movies.

I'm seeing Radiohead tonight, what are you guys doing?

Lolololololololdjsjoweoxkaleifjdneoa
Pfft, already saw them this year.
THEY WERE AMAZING

The FUD E3 Hub including HaloGAF IRC chat is going live later tonight.
sweet, I'll be there for the festivities.

TheOddOne

I have standards, good sir.

wiKnx.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-gt-countdown/730563

Gametrailers E3 most anticipated games of 2012!

edit: number 6 for halo 4

Really? AC3 was number 3, I have such fatigue and really feel underwhelmed by what they have shown.. And RE6 was 5, that looks rather meh. Otherwise, its not a bad list.

I guess it's not confirmed but with a playable build there I don't see why would they be keeping the vids of it away from public consumption, it's just MP.

Oh, I was just questioning why it would take so long to get direct feed of the MP, I thought you were saying ti was confirmed we would have to wait for it. I bet we should get some MP footage nearly right away, maybe it will take a bit longer for direct feed though.

Are we talking about what we're doing tonight and about hipster stuff? Because I'm going to a coffee shop to read War and Peace.

Also that humble bundle is awesome, will cop

CyReN

We still could use a hashtag for twitter. Like #HaloGAFE3 or something

Mine got shipped two hours ago. Let's when it will arrive. :)

I think it will look pretty awesome with a unzip 343i over it ;)

mastrbiggy said:
Nice. If it arrives before E3 I'll definitely wear it there.

Hope so! Our bad on the shipping day, we completely forgot about Memorial Day.

nbraun80

Being down, last stand, same thing. Nothing more awesome than downing someone and having to run all the way to where they are just because he's crawling on the ground behind one of the thousand pieces of chest-high pieces of cover.
I actually just don't like it because 3rd person shooter combat is awkward as fuck.
I concur. Gears 3 TDM is pretty crappy IMO. Every game I played was a bunch of huge dudes diving and rolling around like gymnasts, and everyone using shotguns. And like you I'm shooting people at a distance only for them to go down behind a barrier. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the campaign and horde is a blast, I just fell the MM is no fun.

Top Bottom