• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Campaign moves the most units so it makes sense that it gets the #1 slot. Hopefully 343 throw some gameplay footage up on Waypoint shortly thereafter. Or all the LAGAF people can just give us their impressions.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
i98YTNzZVJIcn.JPG

Yea that screen blew me away. Chief looks so badass

I just want to be out skilled by another player, not by game mechanics.

What? The way you move, how fast you fire, how much hits you can take, how high you jump, where you can aim and shoot are all dictated by game mechanics. Skill comes from mastering those mechanics.

TCKaos

Depending on how precise the stat tracking can get, to compromise for shitty maps, maybe there could be a "map leaderboard" option? For example, let's say Reach uses Duncan's UI and the options are Invasion on Uncaged, SWAT Potato on Overlook, and Team Slayer DMRs on Refuge. Due to unknown reasons, everyone gets the votes to make a net zero across the board. But on the overall leaderboard for the playlist HaloGAF Hijinks:
Uncaged Invasion is #58.
Overlook SWAT Potato is #49.
Refuge TS DMRs is #4.

So even though Uncaged Invasion is on the top of the list, Refuge is more popularly played, and as a result it would be selected instead.

Or, y'know, random number generator picks an option for you. Much more logical tie-breaker that doesn't favor any gametype.

Spawnling

What? The way you move, how fast you fire, how much hits you can take, how high you jump, where you can aim and shoot are all dictated by game mechanics. Skill comes from mastering those mechanics.

But not by regen perks, physical shields, bloom, AA's, host selection etc.

In short: I'm determining skill by situational awareness, and aiming skill - having the shot go exactly where the reticule says it's going to. Not an approximation.

heckfu

Banned
Holy crap, the water in this shot looks so realistic.
Hahaha I wish you couldve seen my eyes darting around that picture only to be disappointed.

Also, I've already done so privately but I wanted to apologize again to Wu for the fake twitter account. I can admit when I'm wrong and I should've asked for permission first, here's to a fresh restart!

The conference will be just campaign I believe. Spartan Ops on the Spike show Monday night correct? And then MP will be on the show floor starting Tuesday.

Oh well, I love Halo's campaigns and that's the only reason I bought CE, and H2 so I'm excited for that. I still hope they show something from MP as thats what I am most nervous about.

I'm glad Holmes mentioned there will be surprises, hopefully gameplay mechanic wise, or maybe some kind of new gametype/mode. *crosses fingers*

CyReN

I just hope it isn't too much campaign wise, as ironic as it sounds coming from me give me everything multiplayer but keep all the campaign stuff small and secretive like they have been.

Interesting... [Possible campaign semi-spoilers?
http://i.imm.io/re5x.png *IMG*
edit: eh, embedding:
re5x.png

On the right, does that not look exactly like Stephen Dillane (Stannis from GOT)?

Hahaha I wish you couldve seen my eyes darting around that picture only to be disappointed.

Also, I've already done so privately but I wanted to apologize again to Wu for the fake twitter account. I can admit when I'm wrong and I should've asked for permission first, here's to a fresh restart!

For what it's worth (not much), I thought it was funny.

lol - this is the sort of 'spoiler' that makes me laugh.

OMG PART OF THE GAME TAKES PLACE ON A SHIP WITH OTHER MILITARY PERSONNEL

Definitely interesting, though. :)

Well, I respect that some people wish to remain completely spoil free until E3, or launch, but then again they probably shouldn't be reading this thread, so I edited.

wwm0nkey

lol - this is the sort of 'spoiler' that makes me laugh.

OMG PART OF THE GAME TAKES PLACE ON A SHIP WITH OTHER MILITARY PERSONNEL

Definitely interesting, though. :)

Yeah wouldn't consider it a spoiler since we already know the last parts of the game the Chief is on the Infinity going to war.

Louis Wu

For what it's worth (not much), I thought it was funny.
To reiterate - I thought it was funny, too.

I just worried that it was in a place where its humor was no longer tied to the humor's context - and there are a lot of people who would think it was real. I don't have any way of controlling that.

CyReN

not sure if bored...or immersed in game...

He's just gaming, I once recorded my face gaming to see what it looks like, I've never seen such weird expressions in my life..

Feels great to be truly hyped for a Halo campaign again since 2007.

I wonder if that dubstep is by Neil Davidge or if they paid some other talent to do it.

Same here, I liked Reach but it was already spelled out for us campaign wise.

So excited.

But not by regen perks, physical shields, bloom, AA's, host selection etc.

In short: I'm determining skill by situational awareness, and aiming skill - having the shot go exactly where the reticule says it's going to. Not an approximation.

Hint: Those are all still mastery of game mechanics

Top Bottom