• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Holy crap, the water in this shot looks so realistic.
It's a game about making a Halo game! Can't wait to see the marketing...CAMPAIGN

I just hope it isn't too much campaign wise, as ironic as it sounds coming from me give me everything multiplayer but keep all the campaign stuff small and secretive like they have been.
I'm with you. Reach really revealed far too much about the campaign in my opinion, and I'd really rather experience H4's as fresh as possible. I may actually just skip the initial reveal until after I've read some recounts as to what's shown. I'm supposed to be working when it's live anyway, and I've got a deadline to meet. :-\

789shadow

Banned
What do you guys think the chances are that the surviving characters from Halo Wars appear in Halo 4? I think it'd be the best possible time for them to return.

kylej

Banned
ew campaign footage to open the conference. They should have Instinct and Dynasty come out and play a couple games of Halo 4 instead.

CyReN

Anyone catch this? So has the killcam changed? is it optional in games?

i099S.jpg

What? The way you move, how fast you fire, how much hits you can take, how high you jump, where you can aim and shoot are all dictated by game mechanics. Skill comes from mastering those mechanics.
No young Hydranockz. Real skill comes from mastering one's inner self. This is why you fail.

I read this is Lag GAF, like there's a community of GAF dedicated to lagging.
Yeah, that community is called EuroGAF.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey yall, I just posted a response about HaloGAF in the 'Rape Culture In Video Games' thread on the gaming side. I thought I'd post it here, and give yall a chance to respond (in that other thread). I'm also down to talk about this stuff via PM.

Also, since it seemed like there was more objections than support, I've ditched the idea of an Halo 4 MP Speculation thread. I guess I'll just totally duck out till November 6. :p

daedalius

Also, in regards to the previous discussion about 'skill'

I would have personally preferred the DMR to be zero-bloom with a locked firing rate; and I hope that is what it is in H4. (also I would have preferred they dump that garbage inertia)

Tawpgun

What I think could go a long way for the "hardcore" community is more gametypes tailored to them outside of MLG. In Halo 3, even at level 50 Team Slayer, you had to play a Narrows gametype with randomized spawns and AR starts. That shouldn't happen.

I think future Halo games should have "smart" matchmaking. Imagine Team Slayer has a big cauldron of gametypes. You've got AR starts with radar, BR starts with radar, then BR starts without radar. As you raise your TrueSkill per playlist (or gain a higher numerical rank ala Halo 3), the matchmaking system should start tailoring different gametypes to different skills. So, if I'm a level 50 in Halo 3, matchmaking should more heavily weight BR starts with no radar or BR starts to my group.

Something like this.

Why do you think competetive players do things like Objective Hold, or suicide to handicap themselves? I'm not saying this is good behavior, but how does Reach reward their competetiveness? MLG and (lol) Arena. I'm not trying to justify this behavior, I'm simply giving a reason for why it happens with such frequency.

Reach gave players who wanted to play at a high level and experience that level of teamwork with the goal to WIN... 2 playlists. MLG wasn't even available at launch, and Arena was trash at launch.

In Halo 3, I went into ranked when I wanted to play to WIN. If I just wanted to play, I played social.

2rBpa.jpg

And I played a LOT more social (and customs) than I did ranked.
I actually really enjoyed grifball in Halo 3. Reach Grifball is boring. And Big Team 4 lyfe in Halo 3.

Point is, competitive players no longer have a comfortable home. MLG is impossible without a team, and Arena is... well not that bad. So there's one home...

Bring back ranked/social.

If anything, make one set of playlists, and have some of them, Team Objective, Team Slayer, available in "Hardcore" settings.

So does it switch over after the killcam? I assumed you would just respawn then.

Yeah probably. The killcam is probably 3 seconds tops, I doubt it forces spawn after 3 seconds. Also in objective games like flag, you're going to have 10 seconds to respawn, so obviously something has to happen on the screen because the kill cam isn't going to last near that long.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey yall, I just posted a response about HaloGAF in the 'Rape Culture In Video Games' thread on the gaming side. I thought I'd post it here, and give yall a chance to respond (in that other thread). I'm also down to talk about this stuff via PM.

Also, since it seemed like there was more objections than support, I've ditched the idea of an Halo 4 MP Speculation thread. I guess I'll just totally duck out till November 6. :p

What?! You'll miss the hype train!

edit: I read that post as well. I know I say stupid things like "Oh man, I just got raped" occasionally, and I'm not particularly proud of it. When I say it, I don't mean to be sexist, it's kind of like when people say "retarded". So many other people say it that it just kind of assimilates itself into my vocabulary. More than anything though, saying "I just raped those guys" and the like sounds ignorant and frankly stupid.

Probably should've said that in the other thread, but I know what happens in those kinds of threads, lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Rehearsal over. Local seismic survey folks alerted. Seriously. Back at hotel. Riding bike in gym. Listening to soundtrack. Feels good man. Hopefully human catpoops will happen. More rehearsal to come.

Top Bottom