• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Sai-kun

Banned
Massive Attack (Obvious must)
Daft Punk (Mind=blown)
Amon Tobin (Great with reworking sounds and has prior game music experience)
Sai-Kun (w/ exclusive itunes music video)
SebastiAn
Ki: Theory
RJD2

For real, man! I just got myself a drum machine/sampler and I'm learning to use it and Ableton, so I'd love the opportunity to actually do something like this. I hope this is what I think it is!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not much, wolf is tired, watching an Arrested Development episode and then going to bed. Two sleeps until GOT finale, three sleeps until E3.

Wolf

I'm tempted to switch to a wolf avatar at night. Still can't wait until I hop into a Halo 4 gaming side thread with this one.

And yeah, E3 wait is killing me! So close. I'm torn as to whether or not I want to know about the new enemy.

FyreWulff

senador

Banned
Haven't used freenode (i'm usually on slashnet), but for instance slashnet is just /msg nickserv identify <password>

Quakenet is all of this

Either way, thank goodness most if not all IRC clients support tabs and multiple servers at once these days :p

That's how you authenticate in freenode too (your slashnet example). Well WTF? I better get it setup tomorrow. I hope I plays nicely with Irssi, I'm sure it will though.

J10

Banned
I played a few games of BTB Heavies on Cragmire for the first time tonight. They were a lot of fun. I wish there were more maps suited for Heavies.

heckfu

Banned
Finished packing, moving trucks get here in 5 hours.

See yall on the other side.

OH! And I found out I WILL have internet and cable by E3.

zap

I played a few games of BTB Heavies on Cragmire for the first time tonight. They were a lot of fun. I wish there were more maps suited for Heavies.

9BgAd.gif

PooBone

That's my best bet.

EDIT: I'm almost certain they're going to announce the new enemy at E3. It would be weird releasing a Halo game where no-one knows anything about the stuff you've gotta shoot, and E3 is of course the best time to reveal that kind of stuff.

I hope they don't, I hope somehow the stuff they show off, whether it's multiplayer or spartan ops or the beginning of campaign, doesn't show anything past what we already know about waking up and having Covies on the ship. I don't remember witnessing that kind of secrecy in marketing since maybe Halo 1 with the Flood reveal.

I hope they don't, I hope somehow the stuff they show off, whether it's multiplayer or spartan ops or the beginning of campaign, doesn't show anything past what we already know about waking up and having Covies on the ship. I don't remember witnessing that kind of secrecy in marketing since maybe Halo 1 with the Flood reveal.
They will. Deal with it.

stephen08

Maybe I wasn't following it closely enough at the time but I was pretty blown away when the perspective shifted to the Arbiter in 2. I believe that got leaked before release though.

That's my best bet.

EDIT: I'm almost certain they're going to announce the new enemy at E3. It would be weird releasing a Halo game where no-one knows anything about the stuff you've gotta shoot, and E3 is of course the best time to reveal that kind of stuff.

Yes it would, but it would also be Awesome. The flood really surprised me in CE.

Maybe I wasn't following it closely enough at the time but I was pretty blown away when the perspective shifted to the Arbiter in 2. I believe that got leaked before release though.
Not too long before, but this is kind of a different kettle of fish. They could have something like that but we know a new enemy is coming, it's the crux of their marketing tagline.

Yes it would, but it would also be Awesome. The flood really surprised me in CE.
Sure, but the flood aren't the focus of the game, they appear in the 3rd closing act of the game.

Playable Arbiter?

I wouldn't put so bluntly, but I think they kind of have to show it, at least in some fashion e.g. a huge cool vehicle that the enemies fights with.
The campaign around E3 is that an Ancient Evil will awake. If 343i is showing the Covenant as a main enemy(=only enemy shown), it will create the same backlash they had with the GameInformer article.(=Covenant is the only main enemy)

And personally I want to know how it is. Forerunners? Precursors? The unknown race of the alien civilization which made a emergency landing on Installation 04. Show it to me. Blow me away. 343i. E3 is the perfect time.

So much hype building. This is the first weekend where I want it to go quick so Monday can get here.

Also, Homeboyd...forge contest? I am so IN.

Any of you guys up for some testing today? PM me. :)

The campaign around E3 is that an Ancient Evil will awake. If 343i is showing the Covenant as a main enemy(=only enemy shown), it will create the same backlash they had with the GameInformer article.(=Covenant is the only main enemy)

And personally I want to know how it is. Forerunners? Precursors? The unknown race of the alien civilization which made a emergency landing on Installation 04. Show it to me. Blow me away. 343i. E3 is the perfect time.
I agreed with you :p. Just the "deal with it" was kind of blunt.

Arnie

Mondays guys, I hate 'em.

Same, well, this Monday in particular. I won't be able to sleep through sheer excitement because it's our Queen's diamond jubilee on Tuesday. God save our Queen. I'll need something to pass the time.

Guess I'll just have to hit a 50 in the Halo 4 beta.

For real, man! I just got myself a drum machine/sampler and I'm learning to use it and Ableton, so I'd love the opportunity to actually do something like this. I hope this is what I think it is!

We should try a collab! I actually posted one of my remixes in this thread like a week ago.

Same, well, this Monday in particular. I won't be able to sleep through sheer excitement because it's our Queen's diamond jubilee on Tuesday. God save our Queen. I'll need something to pass the time.

Guess I'll just have to hit a 50 in the Halo 4 beta.

Jubilee's cancelled, she will be too busy playing Halo 4 beta. :p

Top Bottom