• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Stop at the end of 2. Sounds like a 4 movie marathon would be tiring and kind of hype killing as it is, I wouldnt watch the last 2 movies, you will just be tired and uninterested after those lol.

Agree. Even Aliens, while axcellent, isn't really tonally connected.

It had a different enough tone where I dont think fatigue would set in, but Aliens 3, eww. After Aliens 1 and 2 I think Prometheus hype would be high, a mediocre 2 hour movie on top might make things tiring.

But yeah Alien 1 alone would probably be the sweet spot for going to see Prometheus straight after.

I wanted to go watch the movie yesterday, stupid 2 hour commute home ruined that. :(

M6_Spartan_Laser.jpg
I miss the Spartan laser. Something about it in Reach just annoys me. I'm not sure whether it's its long cool down, limited ammo, or the lack of them in MP, but it doesn't feel the same as Halo 3.

Make the Halo 4 spartan laser awesome.
  • 5 rounds /charge
  • ~2 second cooldown
  • ~3 second charge
  • INSTANT KILL on infantry, not like Reach.

MrBig

The two are some of the best movies I have ever seen, but I agree. The two are just so completely different that they can only said to be connected partially in the story. Theme, storytelling, and style and everything is just so different. They stand better when Aliens is not thought of as a sequel (I assume the same is going to be true for Prometheus). The rest in the series really are junk though.

Woorloog

Banned
A Forging question:
I have this "base" of a map but it is just under one "grid" in length (and very narrow but can be expanded). Does it sound too small for a 5v5 map? Asylum is a bit longer than one "grid".
Of course i could make it multileveled but i'm not sure those play that well (some do but those are rarer), i'd rather stick to one floor with some raised areas, like Sanctuary.

Overdoziz

Banned
A Forging question:
I have this "base" of a map but it is just under one "grid" in length (and very narrow but can be expanded). Does it sound too small for a 5v5 map? Asylum is a bit longer than one "grid".
Of course i could make it multileveled but i'm not sure those play that well (some do but those are rarer), i'd rather stick to one floor with some raised areas, like Sanctuary.
It really depends on what the design looks like.

It had a different enough tone where I dont think fatigue would set in, but Aliens 3, eww. After Aliens 1 and 2 I think Prometheus hype would be high, a mediocre 2 hour movie on top might make things tiring.

But yeah Alien 1 alone would probably be the sweet spot for going to see Prometheus straight after.

I wanted to go watch the movie yesterday, stupid 2 hour commute home ruined that. :(
Is it not better to watch none Alien movie before Prometheus? There will be connections between Prometheus and Alien I know. But on the other hand you would see the movie as an Alien-prequel. In my opinion Prometheus is going to be a fantastic Science Fiction movie. If I see it as a some sort Alien-prequel, I will be utterly disappointed at the end I think. If I did a marathon before Prometheus, I would do a Ridley Scott Science Fiction marathon. That means: Watching Alien and Blade Runner - The Final Cut.

Tawpgun

I miss the Spartan laser. Something about it in Reach just annoys me. I'm not sure whether it's its long cool down, limited ammo, or the lack of them in MP, but it doesn't feel the same as Halo 3.

• 5 rounds /charge
  • ~2 second cooldown
  • ~3 second charge
Sounds like an excellent way to carry on the Reach tradition of ruining vehicle play.

Stop at the end of 2. Sounds like a 4 movie marathon would be tiring and kind of hype killing as it is, I wouldnt watch the last 2 movies, you will just be tired and uninterested after those lol.

Man, the cinema near me, had a star wars marathon before the midnight release of episode 3, my god.

I still think Liam Neeson should have played obi wan rather than Ewan, even if he did a good-ish job.

FyreWulff

A Forging question:

Depends on the layout. A Grid-sized map should be able to do 5v5 if the design allows it.

Fuchsdh

If anyone needs testers for their Obj maps, I'm game.

I'll prolly try tinkering with my own, but I think I'm way behind the curve to doing anything decent.

Sounds like an excellent way to carry on the Reach tradition of ruining vehicle play.
So by returning it to it's state in Halo 3, that would be carrying on the Reach tradition?

Make vehicles out of something other than paper or cardboard, and the problem is solved, weapons are irrelevant. There should be anti-vehicle weapons, and other weapons (BR, DMR, Sniper) should do very little to vehicles. That's where Reach got it wrong IMO.

Woorloog

Banned
Eh, my map is probably way too small, even without sprint i can travel around the map relatively fast. The speed is not necessarily a bad thing but i'm more worried about kill times and weapon ranges (I can shoot across the map with AR without losing too much accuracy).
Too bad, i found a pretty location and the map looks (my opinion is biased of course) rather nice, even with this Forge Gray palette.

Alienups

The extended edition of Alien 3 is alright, heaps better than the original cut. It's not on the same level as the first two but it gets a bit too much flak imo.

And it has some nice music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agCmezMPXqM

Overdoziz

Banned
So by returning it to it's state in Halo 3, that would be carrying on the Reach tradition?

Make vehicles out of something other than paper or cardboard, and the problem is solved, weapons are irrelevant. There should be anti-vehicle weapons, and other weapons (BR, DMR, Sniper) should do very little to vehicles. That's where Reach got it wrong IMO.
The Plasma Launcher should replace the Laser in Halo 4. Make the Plasma bolts fly a bit faster and you've got a great anti-vehicle weapon that isn't unfair.

Striker

• 5 rounds /charge
  • ~2 second cooldown
  • ~3 second charge
No.

The extended edition of Alien 3 is alright, heaps better than the original cut. It's not on the same level as the first two but it gets a bit too much flak imo.

And it has some nice music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agCmezMPXqM

The extended editions of both movies (3 and resurrection) make them more watchable. I can agree with that.

Although, weirdly, the extended cut of aliens gives me fatigue, don't really know why either.

FyreWulff

The Plasma Launcher should replace the Laser in Halo 4. Make the Plasma bolts fly a bit faster and you've got a great anti-vehicle weapon that isn't unfair.

In Halo 4, they should bring the PL back. Except when the sticky bombs attach to you, they shoot laser bolts out in the directions they're sticking on you/your vehicle.

I always try to go through the next Brute-infested area with the Gravity Hammer I take from that fight. It's easier with the BR/Shotgun combo, but its soooo much more satisfying to smack all of them with the Hammer.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay, abandoning that map. The bridges are way too narrow and i cannot figure out good ways to break some sightlines.
Back to looking for location.

Okay, abandoning that map. The bridges are way too narrow and i cannot figure out good ways to break some sightlines.
Back to looking for location.

I've spent a few hours this morning scouting terrain. It's tricky! I've got one map that's pretty much ready to roll, but needs some testing.

But then I have this extravagant idea for 5 v 5 Objectives with vehicles..and I start getting all carried away. Haven't had the Forge bug in ages.

Top Bottom