• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Sai-kun

Banned
It's not being used in a literal sense. I mean we're talking about a video game where you you're killing people the entire time. Nobody ever has a problem when you say "killed," "merked," "murdered," or any other synonyms of killed.

Can we not have this conversation here? At all? Thanks.

(to all parties, not just higher level. I was hoping it'd get left at the "i hear sirens" thing)

senador

Banned
So, motherfucking Halo 4 on Monday!

I think I too am going to work from home so I have easy access to a change of pants, or tissues for the tears.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm going to have to choose between going to bed early tomorrow night, or just pulling an insane all-nighter. Might be too risky to attempt the all-nighter. Too much at stake.

feel

It's not being used in a literal sense. I mean we're talking about a video game where you you're killing people the entire time. Nobody ever has a problem when you say "killed," "merked," "murdered," or any other synonyms of killed.
I know man, it was pretty obvious ;)

Was poking fun at sensitive, far-reaching Halogaf.

Ken

So I renewed my old account for 3 months of Live so if anyone wants to carry me in Halo...

What happened to Squad Slayer and what is Super Slayer?

Overdoziz

Banned
Have we made Halo 4 E3 Bingo cards yet?
5vhSP.png

Lasers fair cause the charge and warning red laser...and 4-5 ammo shot limit. Sure it might not have shown up all the time but thats just bad programming and the fact H3 sucks dick and has so much lag and crap all the time.

Lock on rockets and missile pods didn't work. People dodged that way too easily.

You can dodge a laser too by getting the fuck behind something. Don't drive WAYYYYY out in the open. Thats dumb and you should get lasered for it.

Lasers fair cause the charge and warning red laser...and 4-5 ammo shot limit. Sure it might not have shown up all the time but thats just bad programming and the fact H3 sucks dick and has so much lag and crap all the time.

Lock on rockets and missile pods didn't work. People dodged that way too easily.

You can dodge a laser too by getting the fuck behind something. Don't drive WAYYYYY out in the open. Thats dumb and you should get lasered for it.

real talk.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Aliens done. Fantastic movie. Milk androids.

Taking a break and watching an awesomely bad Nic Cage movie, Drive Angry, now. Aliens 3 and 4 later.

Idea for laser balancing: make the beam continuous for the five-second charge, but extremely weak (it'd take out a quarter of your shields after five seconds of sustained fire, think those little constructor/plasma pistol sentinels from Halo 2) while staying extremely obvious, maybe a beam about as big as a Focus Rifle shot. Then after five seconds, cue vehicles getting annihilated. You'd have to try not to see that thing.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Idea for laser balancing: make the beam continuous for the five-second charge, but extremely weak (it'd take out a quarter of your shields after five seconds of sustained fire, think those little constructor/plasma pistol sentinels from Halo 2) while staying extremely obvious, maybe a beam about as big as a Focus Rifle shot. Then after five seconds, cue vehicles getting annihilated. You'd have to try not to see that thing.

Laser is perfect. You get the dull indicator beam plus you can hear the thing beeping just waiting to ruin your day.

Laser is perfect. You get the dull indicator beam plus you can hear the thing beeping just waiting to ruin your day.

Unless we get dedicated server levels of netcode that thing's got to be tailored to handle the crappiest connection possible. Just like bloodshots with the sniper back in halo 3, I think the fullest extent of laser awareness I've had in matchmaking was
*dot on face*
*dot off*
"guess they went to a different target OH GOD MY FACE IS MELTING"

Ryaaan14

Banned
Unless we get dedicated server levels of netcode that thing's got to be tailored to handle the crappiest connection possible. Just like bloodshots with the sniper back in halo 3, I think the fullest extent of laser awareness I've had in matchmaking was
*dot on face*
*dot off*
"guess they went to a different target OH GOD MY FACE IS MELTING"

lol...well yeah that's a whole other issue. Had a fucking agonizing game of SWAT last night with some people from here and it was hilariously bad. 4 headshots to kill, and they died about 2 seconds later. All the bloodshots you can eat.

Shit, I have a simple stereo headset, works fine. I can hear what direction shit's coming from, that's all I need.

Though I'll need to replace it soon, it's slowly breaking.

Top Bottom