• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
At the beginning of the Spartan Ops Waypoint video. A Grunt is shooting at the screen with the PP.

Yeah, noticed. And didn't like. Doesn't sound like plasma should (as i think it should sound, more likely existing Halos), sounds more like a physical projectle.

As for IGN choosing Black Ops 2 as the best... i know i wouldn't have chosen Halo 4 as the best for the gameplay shown wasn't great (scripted, too easy, too slowly played) but definetly wouldn't have chosen COD... Well, i wouldn't have chosen, probably (Maybe Splinter Cell, despite it not being Splinter Cell anymore really. But it looked okay otherwise).

Playing CEA is so weird. During gameplay, everything looks fantastic, and then when you're in cutscenes it's like you're watching a freak show.

CyReN

I'm not even into MLG, and I agree. That's not cool.
Oh well though, what are you going to do.
What did Violence say exactly?

She has deleted the tweet so I can only get this:

jERQ0.png

ud8JK.png

I don't mean to call her out but I'll call anyone out that has said anything bad about the community and gets a offer like this. I don't know her personally so all I know is she could be really nice.

He hasn't made a big enough contribution to the "community" yet to be making such statements I would imagine and two if he had JUST mentioned her it probably would have been "fine" but T2 (as much of a Dbag as he is) and Walshy are fine.

I agree T2/Walshy are fine, but I will say they haven't done anything in the last 6 months, they aren't required to but hey it's how it works.

u4ix has done a lot for a community that has hit it's darkest hour. To say he made a big difference would be a joke.

Here - http://halocouncil.com/f7/dear-whoever-[my-gaming-history]-3353/#post86584

feel

That thruster looks very cool, does it replace the jet-pack? Or is it a separate thing and the Jetpack is still in?

No vertical jetpack that allows people to "cheat" map design would be incredible news!!

edit-

I'm blind :(

That thruster looks very cool, does it replace the jet-pack? Or is it a separate thing and the Jetpack is still in?

No vertical jetpack that allows people to "cheat" map design would be incredible news!!
Check Plywood's gif. Thrusters and Jetpacks are in. Thruster is just a fixed and cooler looking version of Evade.

agreed. Jetpack is one of the most game-breaking things in Reach imo

Face it people, CoD has tons of stuff in the middle of the screen all the time, and it sells billions. Therefore, stuff in the middle of the screen is the reason it sells billions, and if Halo has it, it will also sell billions.
IT MAKES SENSE!

+12443444 spartan points for you dude!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No. Just no. Less big stuff on my HUD please. Please.
Make it optional?
Allow us to adjust the size?
Empower us in this, please.

I have no problem with the HUD. I think it looks totally fine. I also think the Ordinance drop piece will come and go very quickly considering just how fast they drop. It's basically instantly.

GhaleonEB

Did the multiplayer videos get a new thread on the gaming side? I'll throw one up if not.
With no bloom to fight, jetpackers will become trivial.

That will make them a bit easier, but I am fearful of their ability to just hop scotch across intended map design layouts. There's always customs.

Korosenai

Can anyone else not download the war games and spartan ops footage off the xbox press site?

I know it's already on youtube, i'd just like to actually have the file though.

Woorloog

Banned
agreed. Jetpack is one of the most game-breaking things in Reach imo

It's a lot of fun but yeah, it breaks maps. The jet pack should work as a jump pack, you press button and the you fly a certain distance in a ballistic arc. Or just give you a boost when you jump.

I really hope there's a useable and intuitive control scheme for this game, the ones we've heard of so far are ridiculous (nade on x? wtf) The one posted earlier would be perfect imo (reach bumper jumper with sprint on x, AA on a and switch nade on D-pad).

This. I want, nay, NEED it included in the game.

Frankie said already that there will be plenty control option available at launch.

With thrust basically acting as evade, it gives me hope the Metroid Prime influences will continue and we'll get massive boss fights in the campaign.
Boss fights can be worse or good. If they are like Metroid Prime. Yeah I'd welcome them but I fear more that they will suck like the Tartarus or the Prophet fight in Halo 2. Would love more difficult encounters.

With thrust basically acting as evade, it gives me hope the Metroid Prime influences will continue and we'll get massive boss fights in the campaign.

Errr no. I love Prime's bossfights, but keep that out of Halo. The Prophet of Regret and Tartarus were the some of the worst parts of Halo 2.

The only bosses in Halo should be Brute Chieftain and Scarab-style pseudo-bosses.

Top Bottom