• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

kylej

Banned
Hopefully snipe being hard to use doesn't = we're gimping the weapon to protect people. We shall see.

Really wish we were getting a Forge reveal at e3. soooooo curious what it's going to be.

Ramirez

-Gunplay extremely predictable and weapons feel great

This is the most important thing. It was amazing how much I enjoyed Reach when ZB/Bleedthrough came out. I can deal with a lot of garbage as long as the gunplay isn't decided by coin flips.

Walshy said in that YT vid that it seemed like a full second between sniper shots, no clue how long the delay was on the old games, but I don't feel like it was that long, I know 2 wasn't. Higher emphasis on headshots, and less body shot spam=good change, IMO. If that is the intended purpose...

Really wish we were getting a Forge reveal at e3. soooooo curious what it's going to be.
No way. Have to spread it out.
Comic-Con or more likely PAX.
I have a Windows Phone 7 HTC Mozart. It has Skype. Can I use it as a headset replacement? Mmh.
What I mean is, can phone skype join group calls?
Will a 360 headset work on a computer? lolimstupid
I don't think so... Google?
Although, if it works on GFWLive...

all the multiplayer stuff looks and sounds great (with headphones and loud volume). it really will be interesting to play though. gaffer first impressions sounds alright.

also the DOF in some of those screen shots has me hopeful for theater mode.

daedalius

Hopefully snipe being hard to use doesn't = we're gimping the weapon to protect people. We shall see.

Protect people from sloppy double body shots from across the map?

This is the most important thing. It was amazing how much I enjoyed Reach when ZB/Bleedthrough came out. I can deal with a lot of garbage as long as the gunplay isn't decided by coin flips.

Walshy said in that YT vid that it seemed like a full second between sniper shots, no clue how long the delay was on the old games, but I don't feel like it was that long, I know 2 wasn't. Higher emphasis on headshots, and less body shot spam=good change, IMO. If that is the intended purpose...

I'd play in there if Striker and Havok ever wanted to.

Bloom is terrible. Dmr bloom in h4 looks fine, if it even does anything; looks like it resets before you can even fire again.

Korosenai

Angry Cortana is angry

3hVDh.jpg

Ramirez

Fretting over Ordinance is pointless until we find out exactly how it works, and what gametypes it shows up in. For all we know the higher damage could be something that only is available after you hit 25-0 or something.

Really wish we didn't have to wait until Friday to learn about this stuff. :(

JonCha

Only concerned about Ordance Drops right now. Not sold on being able to select three weapons. My impression is the game randomly selected one.

And Halo 4's next up on Gamespot.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fretting over Ordinance is pointless until we find out exactly how it works, and what gametypes it shows up in. For all we know the higher damage could be something that only is available after you hit 25-0 or something.

Really wish we didn't have to wait until Friday to learn about this stuff. :(
Live Beta plox

Ramirez

Infinty Slayer sounds like a good gametype though, I love the fact that assists/multikills/etc. all play a part in the final score.

Kuroyume

Banned
Man, I really hope the thruster is nothing like Evade. Just imagine some dude sprinting with the sword and then thrusting at you while lunging.

GhaleonEB

Infinty Slayer sounds like a good gametype though, I love the fact that assists/multikills/etc. all play a part in the final score.

Agree, it adds a risk/reward to things like assassinations other than just cosmetic payoffs (medals, animations). You'll appreciate that ninja on you team a lot more now.

No idea what they're showing! Most likely an interview etc.

They said it was delayed while they did the equipment setup.

Starting now, Josh and Ray from 343 on.

are we sure infinity slayer isn't actually just the default slayer type? the can have whatever if its not in something like team slayer, or lone wolves.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Wait, assists and multikills add up to a team's total score? I thought I was mistaken when I first heard that.

Top Bottom