• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
T2 is a better journalist than most of the gaming journalist.

Also 6-7 maps in a map pack? WTF you talkin about T2?

GhaleonEB

My friend just brought up something scary...
Camping around a corner with scattershot and promethean vision.
Wait until someone is around the corner, bounce shots off the wall with the scattershot. :(

Promethean vision lets of an audio cue, so nearby players know if someone is using it. If you approach a corner and hear it going off, you know someone is there - and they know where you are. You can then adapt.
T2 is a better journalist than most of the gaming journalist.

Also 6-7 maps in a map pack? WTF you talkin about T2?

I did a spittake at that. He was thinking of Halo 2, maybe?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Mad props to Gamespot for the Halo 4 demo. Easily the best Halo showing yet - the relaxed pace, the questions and answers - that is how you show something off.

Josh kinda avoided the question about the objectives in spartan ops. That's the exact thing I want to hear about. I hope we'll get some more info on that when that Wu thing comes up.

Woorloog

Banned
Repeating what i said just in-case.
Evade
Booster

Armor Lock
Hard Light Shield

Jetpack
Jetpack

I can only assume the Spartan in the very back is about to deploy a Drop Shield.

There is no Drop Shield. It is the Jackal shield making it look like there was a Drop Shield.

EDIT this said, there might be a real Drop shield in the game as well, hopefully not.

iCFKYiUYywoqX.gif

My sides hurt from laughing at the spartan buttslide.

The biggest problem I have with the demo is the amount of scripted events. I wish I can avoid them but I fear it won’t be possible. So I hope it won't be the case for the other campaign missions.

TheOddOne

I would think so. Especially if you're playing co-op. Unless it's scripted of course.
I really hope so.

In other news: I’m Knee-Deep In Synthetic Bad Guys in Halo 4’s Bold new Multiplayer
When Halo 4 launches on November 6th later this year, it will ship with a full season of a multiplayer mode called Spartan Ops.

I got to check out a quick chapter of said episodic content today on the E3 showfloor, where the Majestic Spartan team met those red-laced synthetic enemies from the demo that debuted at Microsoft's press conference yesterday.
If you're familiar with Greg Bear's novel, Halo: Cryptum, you might remember mention of creatures called Prometheans. Making an appearance in-game for the first time, we weren't given much more information about them—the Crawlers, Watchers, and Knights—today, save for watching them in battle.

The Crawlers are most akin to the Covenant's Grunts. They're small, move fairly frantically, and are relatively easy to kill. Let too many of them pile up, though, and you'll watch your screen overrun by red alerts indicating in the direction of multiple attacks.

Watchers are somewhat tougher, and they behave as both a defensive attacker as well as a support system. I saw Watchers (that look like intricate, flying bicycles) drop shields in front of Knights, making the tougher-than-Elites creatures even more difficult to take down. If you caught the first gameplay demonstration at Microsoft's press conference linked earlier, you'll remember those enemies as the scarier-looking Prometheans that expose their face plates to reveal their Terminator-like, synthetic faces.

Frank O'Conner, franchise development director at 343, tells us that the Prometheans would react sometimes antagonistically, and sometimes in collaboration with the Covenant, based on their need to tackle a mutual enemy: namely, you and your team.

With this new brand of enemies comes new weapons, too. We only got to see one in the showfloor demonstration, though: a Scattershot super shotgun whose shells can ricochet off hard surfaces, a trick best tested in narrow corridors.

Our hands-off mission, broken up into multiple objectives, took us on a murder rampage, watching a two-player (but up to four-player co-op) tackle against both familiar Covenant aliens as well as the more aggressive Prometheans.

Along the way we encounter an artifact, being adamantly protected by the Prometheans against both the Majestic Spartan team we play as, as well as against the Covenant.

These seasons of Halo 4 content will play a crucial storyline role within the entire campaign, delving into more character arcs and plotlines. The Spartan team will even meet Master Chief himself aboard Infinity and elsewhere in the story. Exactly how long each season will be hasn't been revealed yet, but we're told to "think months rather than weeks," and that we will see an episode of fiction every week, with five gameplay missions.

kylej

Banned
Props for Tsquared calling out Reach maps.

Him and Walshy..

Eh, they could both be good hires. They're charismatic, hold quite a bit of respect among the community, and they certainly know Halo. Not sure what they could do at 343 though tbh

I like Unlimited Slayer better. Not a new gametype though it was in Reach.

If Unlimited Slayer is an actual playlist during launch, I will mail Frankie a gift basket of beer and cat products.

There is no Drop Shield. It is the Jackal shield making it look like there was a Drop Shield.

Sarcasm, bro. I was lamenting the return of my most-hated AAs in Reach.

It's possible 343 can balance them, but so far the Jetpack looks unchanged. And we've already seen Booster/Sword combos in the footage. At least the Hard Light Shield seems to be less of a pause button.

Regardless, it looks fun. Lots of footage to pore over.

Recarpo

I still have to see more about the abilities and such, but the MP has huge potential from what I've seen. The speed and fluidity seems back to pre-reach levels and that's a good sign to me.

GhaleonEB

Seriously

e32012halo4chiefhero3jpg-3a2f4c.jpg

e32012halo4spartanops7jpg-d3cf83.jpg

e32012halo4spartanops6jpg-5f3093.jpg

Quoting a post from the gaming side, I had not seen the pic on top. I see a Scorpion, a Warthog, three Ghosts and a Wraith on a pretty big multi-level battlefield. That's already bigger than Reach's largest battle and approaching Halo 3 The Ark territory.

Sold.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok starting on the first group for HaloGAF Radio.

It's me, Zeouterlimits, Karl and Overdoz

Hit me up on twitter, skype or here to be swapped in. We're changing people pretty often so hit me up and be ready. Skype is Tashi0106

Quoting a post from the gaming side, I had not seen the pic on top. I see a Scorpion, a Warthog, three Ghosts and a Wraith on a pretty big multi-level battlefield. That's already bigger than Reach's largest battle and approaching Halo 3 The Ark territory.

Sold.

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that.

Infinty Slayer sounds like a good gametype though, I love the fact that assists/multikills/etc. all play a part in the final score.

I'm pretty sure it's just like COD, where you get individual points for all that stuff, but the team score is still based on kills (10 points per kill).

JonCha

Ok starting on the first group for HaloGAF Radio.

It's me, Zeouterlimits, Karl and Overdoz

Hit me up on twitter, skype or here to be swapped in. We're changing people pretty often so hit me up and be ready. Skype is Tashi0106

Would like to get in, but in the UK and going bed now basically. Time difference too great?

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 4 looks so good. Everything i've seen so far has been good (except that white text telling me what i know).

Hopefully the battlefield the top pic promises is as large as the battles on the Ark, at very least.

Ramirez

I'm pretty sure it's just like COD, where you get individual points for all that stuff, but the team score is still based on kills (10 points per kill).

Walshy made it sound like the multikill points actually filled your team's bar up. Pretty sure he specifically stated an assassination earning your team more points than a regular kill.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Can you not post gifs or just link to them instead? My computer's RAM is destroyed with all these tabs open trying to keep track of stuff. Pwease.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Only if you throw in a few of that chick on your avatar
http://i.minus.com/ibzY8a9mhbMhPl.gif
Don't you dare break my computer
ibsTxlmFvRVjX3.gif

Can you not post gif or just link to them? My computer's RAM is destroyed with all these tabs open trying to keep track of stuff. Pwease.
If I post it in the H4 thread on gaming, would that be better?
Bring it on.
Believe me, I want to.

Top Bottom