• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

JonCha

Agree, it adds a risk/reward to things like assassinations other than just cosmetic payoffs (medals, animations). You'll appreciate that ninja on you team a lot more now.

They said it was delayed while they did the equipment setup.

Starting now, Josh and Ray from 343 on.

Not starting on my screen ...

Edit: nevermind

TheOddOne

Great stuff!

My write-up:
  • Incendiary weapons are Forerunner weapons, such as the Scattershot and Lightrifle we saw during the campaign reveal.
  • Every time a Forerunner weapon is used, you will get that incendiary animation when killing someone.
  • You can bounce off the Scattershot, kind of like the Grenade Launcher from Halo Reach.
  • One of the new armor abilities is a shield, when equipped you go into third person and you will not be able to shoot.
  • Shield is able to deflect Scattershots – can cause people to commit suicide when used effectively.
  • There is a multiplayer mode called Infinite Slayer, with it there is a new point system in where you get points for kills, assist, double-kills, killing spree and more.
  • There is a risk and reward aspect in the point system, for example if you go for assassinations you will get more points.
  • The Battle Rifle is three-shot burst, there is an indicator when your shots are hitting. On the gun you will see hash marks around your cursor indicating that.
  • Promethean vision does a pulsing wave when equipped, it hits any anybody who is in the area.
  • There is a possibility to use the full usage percentage of armor ability to see pretty far across the map.
  • When you get hit by Promethean vision you will get a audio cue that somebody is using it.
  • Sniper Rifle has a lot more recoil to it, between shots it took a while to re-centre it. It was difficult to explain, but it felt powerful and a one-shot kill weapon.
  • There is a circle bar on the left side, like the armor ability bar from Reach, on the screen. The more points you get the more it fills up and when it’s full you get to choose a ordnance drop.
  • You get to choose three things from the ordnance drops via the D-pad.
  • On the right D-pad is going to be power ups, for example speedboost (you move faster, reload faster), powerboost (lets you do more damage) and overshield.
  • When somebody is using a power up you will know it via visual tricks such as when you have powerboost you will be red. If you have overshield, you will be green.
  • On the right D-pad are weapons such as the Scattershot. They are balancing it out per map basis, on certain levels sniper is the best so that is the highest weapon you can get.
  • The ordnance drops carry over when respawned, so if you die before you used it you will get to use when respawned.
  • Ordnance drops are very nearby when used and anybody can take it from you.
  • Ordnance drops indicators are active when you are nearby, not when you’re on the other side of the map.

Ken

I hope payouts for playing in Spartan Ops will be equivalent with playing for the same time in War Games.

^Ordinance isn't the same as ordnance.

Korosenai

On the right D-pad is going to be power ups, for example speedboost (you move faster, reload faster), powerboost (lets you do more damage) and overshield.

Don't know how I feel about that

This might explain why that guy was glowing red in the war games video though. Maybe he had one of those boosts.

My friend just brought up something scary...
Camping around a corner with scattershot and promethean vision.
Wait until someone is around the corner, bounce shots off the wall with the scattershot. :(

Spawnling

6u7xR.png

kylej

Banned
T2 asking about Forge being grey. GRILL HIM TOM

edit. wow T2 is slurping some heavy, heavy dee right now. Dude's career is dead, he's trying for a job at 343 lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My friend just brought up something scary...
Camping around a corner with scattershot and promethean vision.
Wait until someone is around the corner, bounce shots off the wall with the scattershot. :(

You get "pinged" when someone sees you with it, so you should be aware.

I like how he pushed the number of maps...the response wasn't exactly what I wanted though. Sounds like it won't be halo 4 for me till 3 map packs come out.

Top Bottom