• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
Just make nonsensical wolf jokes until the series is over. It's the only way to be sure.

Nonsense is not my strong point. Subtlety ain't my strong point either.
I guess i'll refrain from saying anything more about GOT here. Other than that i like it.

EDIT really, i don't understand myself. I know myself very, very well but i don't understand myself. How can one not make up nonsense? I takes a lot of trying to make up nonsense...

EDIT GOT main theme is so damn good, can't think of any better main theme for a TV series or a movie.

Woorloog

Banned
I can't stop playing Diablo 3

Help me HaloGAF...please....

Think about it rationally. The game is very repetitive, not very good looking, other people are dicks, you're mostly playing it solo and have to be online constantly for that...
Doesn't help?
Then get a hammer.
Apply the hammer to your PC.

If that doesn't help/you cannot find a hammer then... hmm. Well, no ideas.

m23

I just had a few comments on some of the things you guys said on Social Skirmish. In regards to the limited edition stuff:

-Having advanced access to specializations, whether they be weapon/AA modifiers or whatever is something I am not a fan of, that will create an imbalance right at launch.
-The comment about marketing focusing on Halo fans, I think they don't really have to have a large marketing push for fans such as ourselves. The majority of us will buy the game day 1, just because its Halo, marketing will not change that. They will focus on the non-Halo crowd when it comes to marketing Halo 4, they need to gain a larger audience and reach new people, which is the main purpose of marketing. Of course there will be some efforts put towards "us" but the majority of their focus will be put towards those new prospective customers. Mainly, why should people choose Halo over COD.
-One gripe about the map packs being included is that again, we are halo fans so we were probably going to buy the map packs anyway. The inclusion of the maps don't really make this special edition "special." Personally, I loved Halsey's journal and was surprised you guys don't like to read about that type of stuff. I'm looking forward to that briefcase thing.
-One comment you guys made was that there should be one edition for digital things, another for physical things, and another for everything. Add in the regular edition, and that will make 4 different editions. That will end up confusing customers as well as retailers, so I don't see that as a realistic approach.
-I definitely agree with you guys on the matter of including behind the scenes stuff, I loved that stuff when it came to Halo 2 and 3. Unfortunately it seems like game companies are choosing to use that as a marketing tool rather than keeping it for special editions. We've already gotten a couple BTS videos, so I think we'll just be getting those rather than something like a full out Making of halo 4 thing.
-I also agree with you guys on the weapon skins aspect. I like that sort of stuff, some people are stupid and choose bright colours such as pink and that just makes them stand out in maps, like in Gears 3.
-One more thing I don't think you guys talked about (I turned it off during the break) was that they will be delivering the Forward Unto Dawn video series though Waypoint rather than on disc or download. That is a pretty big issue more me as well as others, and I really hope they either do something in regards to the video quality on Waypoint or allow us to download the video.

I still need to pre-order the limited edition, gotta get to it soon.

It's the most repetitive game I've played in years. You're just clicking on shit and finding loot, then repeating it forever.

But I just have to do the next quest, or get one more level because I unlock something cool, or clear out this cave I just found, or see what's in that chest, etc. Hours of my life just completely disappear into the ether, lost for all eternity.

Fuck you, Diablo 3!

What would I do without you, Diablo 3?

Woorloog

Banned
It's the most repetitive game I've played in years. You're just clicking on shit and finding loot, then repeating it forever.

But I just have to do the next quest, or get one more level because I unlock something cool, or clear out this cave I just found, or see what's in that chest, etc. Hours of my life just completely disappear into the ether, lost for all eternity.

Fuck you, Diablo 3!

Blizzard devs are good. I tried D3 open beta and... damn. I wasn't interested in the game at all but the beta felt very, very good.
Didn't buy the game though, no PC capable of running it (played the beta on my brother's laptop). Good thing that, seeing your reaction to the game...

EDIT Typos, need to go to sleep soon, sunrise was almost an hour ago...

GhaleonEB

Did you end up reading the books Ghal? What book are you reading now?

I've read the first two. I took a break after the second to finish watching the first season, and will start the third book this weekend; after I read that, I'll watch season 2 (which should be on video by then).

A lannister always pays his debts

That should be their motto, a badass line.

Tyrion is awesome however since season 2 I like robb hodor Jon and Tywyn much more than previous. Season 2 has brought a lot of characters more to the forefront

HODOR!

Thanks. At least someone appreciates me

Link me, I don't want to wade into the horror that is gaming threads.

I finished season 1 last night, great stuff. I'm nervous about season 2, the book is going to be tough to translate well. Especially on their budget.

Season 2 is great, but I have definitely noticed/fully realized how much harder the material is to adapt than the first one.

Just finished Episode 9 of Season 1 of GoT...

:|

I don't want to live anymore.

;(

Krispy

I think its funny on our end because we see the gamertags with NZ and instantly think "Yup this will be a fun game!" cause of all the lag.

That's a two way street. Also; whenever I see someone with NZ in their gamertag I die a little inside. Can we trade?

daedalius

Put my deposit down on the LE today at Best Buy, now Noble Team and Master Chief are guarding the receipt on my desk.

So is War from darksiders, and some 40k space marines; too bad Alduin from skyrim is on the other side of the desk, he is pretty formidable looking.

GhaleonEB

*Cringes*
I do think that what i said can be intepreted in many ways though. Positively too.
EDIT am i digging my self deeper here?

Yes. Stop.

Episode 9 demolished me so hard last night I couldn't sleep; I got up and watched the finale just to take my mind off it. And I read the book first! Which is why I'm so damn tired tonight. Reading GAF reactions from when it first aired was a hoot, though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's not about what you know, it's about who you know right?

Just got confirmation that I'll be getting a flight hook up for PAX. Flying for 50-100$ rather than 600$. So happy. First PAX for me, I can't fuckin wait.

neoism

I can't stop playing Diablo 3

Help me HaloGAF...please....

227839420.gif

Woorloog

Banned
So happy. First PAX for me, I can't fuckin wait.

*grunts* I wonder how many years it'll take me to get to a point when i can easily make a trip US just for PAX or to Germany for... well, whatever the expo there was, Gamescon?, or to somewhere else for some event. Finland is such a bass-ackwards country (when it comes to entertaiment and such), nothing ever happens here. Biggest "video gaming expo" here is the "DigiExpo" (video games and other stuff) which is not worth the entrance price... No one comes here to show off cool stuff, at most already shown stuff is recycled here as "new".

EDIT great, it seems that my laptop will be dying soon or something. The thing switches beetween AC mode and Battery without any visible reason (should stay on AC mode for now).

Fuck you, Diablo 3!

The game feels super dumb compared to Diablo 2, which was a pretty dumb game in its own right, but I'm having loads of fun with it anyway. At least while it's still new and shiny. Combat feels a lot better than D3's at least, just in the sense of impact from hits and how good it feels to ragdoll swarms of enemies.

*Cringes*
I do think that what i said can be intepreted in many ways though. Positively too.
EDIT am i digging my self deeper here?

All that needs to be interpreted from your post is that it's a dark universe, and no one is safe. There is plenty of major deaths and violence throughout the series.

Woorloog

Banned
Soon you'll be nocturnal like me :p Or at the very least you'll stop getting offline at like 11, yeesh.

I don't think you win me in nocturnalness. It is 6am here, i've managed to stay awake this long once again. Considering whether or not i should just skip sleeping for now...
EDIT unless you, Krow, stayed up the entire night as well. Wait, it is way, uh, earlier in Ireland right?
EDIT decided to go to sleep, good bye for 6-7hours.

ZalinKrow

I don't think you win me in nocturnalness. It is 6am here, i've managed to stay awake this long once again. Considering whether or not i should just skip sleeping for now...
EDIT unless you, Krow, stayed up the entire night as well. Wait, it is way, uh, earlier in Ireland right?
EDIT decided to go to sleep, good bye for 6-7hours.

Haha you definitely sound like you could use some sleep :p And you've got me beat, yeah. It's only 04:30 here atm.

Speaking of little sleep, my friend let me know he wanted to co-op halo anniversary tonight..it is 11:33pm and we haven't started yet. I think I may not get much.

CyReN

If you are going to petition something at least do something that hold merit for the game, there will always be statues and figures for Halo.

Merit:
  • Individual Weapon Damage
  • Spectator Mode
  • Aim Acceleration Toggle

If you are going to petition something at least do something that hold merit for the game, there will always be statues and figures for Halo.

Merit:
  • Individual Weapon Damage
  • Spectator Mode
  • Aim Acceleration Toggle

You forgot
KILLJOY
text in the middle of the screen.

GhaleonEB

So, today's Challenges:

Covenant-cide
3200 cR
Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Demon
2400 cR
Kill 30 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking.

Hyper Lethal Vector
3000 cR
Kill 200 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking.

Just Hold On...
2000 cR
Complete 15 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.

That last one kind of jumps out. If you never die, that's still a couple hours of Firefight; and the Challenge is glitched so that dying at any point in the round fails the Challenge and subsequent perfect rounds in the game do not count. And it's worth the least of the four today. Please, either crank down the requirement - this some one required 10 rounds just a few days ago - or jack up the reward so it's proportional to the difficulty/commitment required. That's a 10k cR Challenge, easy.

Top Bottom