• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
Dammit, why am i still up and not in bed?
I'm tired but i still feel like i'd like playing some more Halo. I can't really play in evening as i need to be up early on Saturday...
I think i need another cup of tea, or maybe i should open the coca-cola bottle if i'm going to stay up...

I've only gotten through season 1, but Tyrion is by far the best character in that show. I wonder if that will change in season 2.
Tyrion is awesome however since season 2 I like robb hodor Jon and Tywyn much more than previous. Season 2 has brought a lot of characters more to the forefront

daedalius

I thought I'd had enough of that gaming side thread with the 'halo has generic shitty art' but they go and pull me back in with fucking 'i want to see more of the floor, let me move my reticule to the center'.

What the hell gaming side gaf, what the hell.

Woorloog

Banned
I noticed that when i joined GAF, that is, gained approved status (queued over a year...), i first posted on gaming side more or less and later on moved on to OT and Community forums. Anyone else did the same?

I noticed that when i joined GAF, that is, gained approved status (queued over a year...), i first posted on gaming side more or less and later on moved on to OT and Community forums. Anyone else did the same?

I went straight to community, Gaming side is dark and full of terrors.

I stayed at gaming and off-topic for a long time until I started posting here. I still post in gaming a bunch though, not as much in off-topic (although I read off-topic a bunch).

Retro

Gui, that Conan gif you posted in the gaming side thread was priceless. Just wanted to let you know :)

I had to go look. I love it when my little contributions to GAF (lol, cropped a gif off YTMND) disseminate.
JUWnj.gif

You guys saw my Diablo 3 Single Player gif, right?

Woorloog

Banned
I finished season 1 last night, great stuff. I'm nervous about season 2, the book is going to be tough to translate well. Especially on their budget.

Been good so far, IMO. Though i admit i barely remember anything about ASOIAF book 2...

EDIT Halo anyone? Need something to do!

Overdoziz

Banned
I finished season 1 last night, great stuff. I'm nervous about season 2, the book is going to be tough to translate well. Especially on their budget.
I'm so glad I haven't read the books yet. Makes me appreciate the show more on its without nitpicking about what's different in the books.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm so glad I haven't read the books yet. Makes me appreciate the show more on its without nitpicking about what's different in the books.

Me, i find the TV series a lot better than the books, don't really care about the differences. EDIT not sure about the "a lot" actually, but the pacing in TV series feels better, Martin is the sort of writer whose books tend to contain long periods of practially nothing happening (like Tolkie and Robert Jordan).
Odd for me actually, other than video games i don't really care about visual media, books being far more important and interesting to me.

Trey

Pretty sure I'm the only one to have not seen GoT by now. I would be a little agitated by this fact if I didn't know a fair amount of you also indulge in the LoK like gentlepersons with excellent taste.

Overdoziz

Banned
To be fair, after the first one, the comics get pretty repetitive. There was no way they were going to do it verbatim.
The show is not that good really. There are just certain scenes that stick out that make me want to keep watching. Most of the time it's drama with bad acting, dumb decision-making and Carl.
Edit: The pilot is still the best episode.

zap

That Halo 4 footage thread went places. Amazing places.

Did you end up reading the books Ghal? What book are you reading now?

Top Bottom