• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

image.php

You smug bastard

Clicked that link and didn't find what I expected. Although hearing that music at the beginning in that video combined with the sound of BRs firing got me feeling so nostalgic for pure untouched Halo. I miss it.

senador

Banned
Ah thanks Bergmann.

LE preordereded. It'd be cool if 343 adds a thing or 2 between now and launch, eh? ;)

I bought through Amazon. Fuck Gamestop, and I'm done with midnight launches anyway, plus Amazon Prime deliveries get her by 9AM for me.

I know its Bregmann <3

Man, Battleship looks like such a dumb movie. Just looks so generic. Actually, I was thinking it reminded me of Reach in a way, like no one will remember any of the characters when it's over. So epic, it's bad?
Industrial Light and Magic is working overtime to add a fourth kill to Tashi's clip.
Tee hee! +1

Man, Battleship looks like such a dumb movie. Just looks so generic. Actually, I was thinking it reminded me of Reach in a way, like no one will remember any of the characters when it's over. So epic, it's bad?

It is awful, but if you go in watching it as a comedy, it's fucking hilarious. I went with my flatmate on release, and I haven't laughed so much at a film in ages.

Watching a guy with no legs take on some tank of an alien in order to 'find himself' was funny as hell.

blamite

Duuuude yes. PAX Chicago would be ridiculously cool. They could have it in the same place they have ACEN!

Never been there myself, but it sounds like it'd be a great place for the show. If it got big enough after a few years, there's always McCormick Place, too. Definitely no worries of selling that out as quickly as PAX Prime.

Shopping with stalker.

UkGAF im in tesco now looking for new sandwhich meat recommendations?

Edit apparently I cant stand around in tesco all day. Got more pork pies than you can shake a stick at

So, today's Challenges:

Covenant-cide
3200 cR
Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Demon
2400 cR
Kill 30 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking.

Hyper Lethal Vector
3000 cR
Kill 200 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking.

Just Hold On...
2000 cR
Complete 15 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking without dying.

That last one kind of jumps out. If you never die, that's still a couple hours of Firefight; and the Challenge is glitched so that dying at any point in the round fails the Challenge and subsequent perfect rounds in the game do not count. And it's worth the least of the four today. Please, either crank down the requirement - this some one required 10 rounds just a few days ago - or jack up the reward so it's proportional to the difficulty/commitment required. That's a 10k cR Challenge, easy.

I think at this point they've completely abandoned any pretension of sense when dishing out the daily challenges. When they took over the reins they had a few days where the challenges were bumped up to 10k each, which pointed to a sane future for the system; since then they've reverted to shockers like the one you've just described. Who in their right mind would grind out that challenge for a paltry 2000 credits? I need three and a half million credits to hit Reclaimer...

I can only think they stopped paying attention to it after they implemented the custom challenges system.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm back, had the strangest of dreams...
First, i/we/someone (not quite sure who it was in the dream, we would be me and my... associates? Had a feeling i'd have such) had to teach monkeys to read and write. Secondly, i was part of a russian mercenary group. Third, how does satellite-guided-magical-fireball sound? IMO it sounds awesome, magitek.

What's left to spoil...

:/

NO! LEAVE ME BE!

Don't worry, i'll keep my mouth shut. If i say something, it will be spoiler tagged and clearly marked as spoilers for season/book x. At least i'll try to remember this...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm going to either get my PAX pass on GAF if someone gives it up or I'm just gonna get it on ebay. I'm saving so much money on the flight, I don't mind paying extra for the pass.

TheOddOne

I'm back, had the strangest of dreams...
First, i/we/someone (not quite sure who it was in the dream, we would be me and my... associates? Had a feeling i'd have such) had to teach monkeys to read and write. Secondly, i was part of a russian mercenary group. Third, how does satellite-guided-magical-fireball sound? IMO it sounds awesome, magitek.
If I were you I would patent this whole concept.

Woorloog

Banned
If I were you I would patent this whole concept.

The problem with patents is that while you have exclusive rights to the thing, they're public knowledge. Weapon system work better while kept secret i think... I don't have to worry about NeoGAF knowing, no one will belive a nerd forum member to claim that someone made up a guided fireball launcher.

Woorloog

Banned
He always keeps coming back though. He just can't get enough.

BWT, is anybody else watching all the vidocs Bungie posted on its youtube channel? Really brings back those good old Halo 3 memories.

Not watching but remembering the vidocs anyway. Remember that rolling Bubble Shield? Would have made a great equipment in some maps....

Top Bottom