• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Fuchsdh

I think at this point they've completely abandoned any pretension of sense when dishing out the daily challenges. When they took over the reins they had a few days where the challenges were bumped up to 10k each, which pointed to a sane future for the system; since then they've reverted to shockers like the one you've just described. Who in their right mind would grind out that challenge for a paltry 2000 credits? I need three and a half million credits to hit Reclaimer...

I can only think they stopped paying attention to it after they implemented the custom challenges system.

The custom challenge system can net you 5000-8000 extra credits while you were going for that FF challenge, easily, but it's still a hassle. If they just doubled-tripled payouts I think most people would be happy; at least at 6000 credits it starts feeling like something more worthwhile.

Good idea. I need time to get some money together.
Nah no problem. I'm going to pay the deposit next month. You just need the money at PAX prime not earlier I think. But we have to figure out which hotel is the best, cheapest etc. But I do not think it will be a big deal.(But I prefer a hotel in run distance because the fuckin' lightrail does not drive after 12:50am anymore which sucks sometimes.)

TheOddOne

The problem with patents is that while you have exclusive rights to the thing, they're public knowledge. Weapon system work better while kept secret i think... I don't have to worry about NeoGAF knowing, no one will belive a nerd forum member to claim that someone made up a guided fireball launcher.
:p

Gui_PT

Now I won't do a HaloGaf meetup for sure.

Poor people attending Gamescom. I though that event had some standards, SMH.

If they had standards they wouldn't even let you talk about it on the internet

Edit: Gah these white things that fall from the trees are everywhere again!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nah no problem. I'm going to pay the deposit next month. You just need the money at PAX prime not earlier I think. But we have to figure out which hotel is the best, cheapest etc. But I do not think it will be a big deal.(But I prefer a hotel in run distance because the fuckin' lightrail does not drive after 12:50am anymore which sucks sometimes.)

Yea that's a good idea. I'll pay a premium for that convenience.

That's because you're a hobo with the most drug filled brain ever

Edit: Ok i called you a bum but that sounded like ass so i changed it to hobo

2037987_o.gif

kylej

Banned
PAX is pretty boring unless you have a good group of people to go with. Only fly across country if you know for sure you want to roam around with HaloGAF people or have friends on that coast. Otherwise you're pretty much spending hours surrounded by nerds waiting to see Ken Levine talk about a blade of grass in Bioshock Infinite or waiting 3 hours to play a demo of a game that releases in 2 weeks.

Fuchsdh

PAX is pretty boring unless you have a good group of people to go with. Only fly across country if you know for sure you want to roam around with HaloGAF people or have friends on that coast. Otherwise you're pretty much spending hours surrounded by nerds waiting to see Ken Levine talk about a blade of grass in Bioshock Infinite or waiting 3 hours to play a demo of a game that releases in 2 weeks.

B-but I need to play it now....

And I hear the grass is awesome! :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My El Salvadorian co worker and I were talking about games and he was talking about a Mario game he's been playing. I asked which one it was and in broken English he said the one where you save the Princess

I burst into laughter

Aggrotek

I'd really like to go to one of these conventions before I kick the bucket. (Not that it's impending or anything) Seems like it would be so much fun. Hope you guys take lot's of pictures and video!

Jessica (bsangel) said there was an upcoming network test.
I'd give my pinkie toe and pocket lint for a chance to play in that.

And PAX Chicago, yes please!

Shadders

I'll probably be at Eurogamer and GC, need to secure myself that sweet Halo 4 loot.

EDIT: There won't be any Halo there, but Nottingham GameCity is the best games show/festival in the UK if you have any sort of interest in development.

I hope the lines for Halo 4 won't be as long as they were for Skyrim and BF3 last year. People were waiting 4 hours there to play the games. Crazy long if you ask me.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Has anyone confirmed there will be a Collectors edition Halo 4 or Legendary or whatever or is the LE the highest option?

Shadders

Germany is great, good food (if you like meet), good beer, great architecture, friendly people.

It also allows me to show off my prowess with GCSE German.

Ich habe eine grün etui.

Wo ist die Bibliothek?

Ich wohnst ins kino mit meinem kaninchen.

m23

I was thinking about the "ancient evil" that we will be fighting in Halo 4. It seems as though a lot of us are expecting to be fighting the foreunners, but for those who have read Primordium, what do you think about the return of
the precursors?

That would make the campaign way more interesting, in my opinion.

Woorloog

Banned
I was thinking about the "ancient evil" that we will be fighting in Halo 4. It seems as though a lot of us are expecting to be fighting the foreunners, but for those who have read Primordium, what do you think about the return of
the precursors?

That would make the campaign way more interesting, in my opinion.

Possible, i thought about this too. But i'm not quite sure about that. Ancient Evil bent on destruction and vengeance, that's what the description said right? The problem is that "Evil" doesn't really suit
the Forerunners, Didact specifically
but "vengeance" doesn't suit what you suggested really. Why would they take vengeance on humans? Or the whole galaxy?
Of course the description is likely biased against the new foe, regardless of what it actually is or their motivations.

Top Bottom